Official Gundam Plamodel Thread

I'd prefer a HCM Pro Turn A since that's what I'm collecting but I would liek to see it get some love. Mostr hate it and I thought it looked dumb at first but I was drawn into the show's story and realised after a while that the designs just didn't bug me anymore. :D

I just got my HCM Pro Zaku Warrior. And sadly I must say I felt kinda dissapointed with it. Looks like Bandai guys did not put the same effort than with the first release. There is no printed lines on the toy, considering the inexistent panel lines it gives a "naked" feeling to the little guy.

They just skip a roduction procesess, I guess in that way they get more money in the greedy pockets. Whatever, I still find the Zaku warrior a cool toy, but compared with the Zaku II, it looks crappier.

Still I am getting at least one more, I love the toy, is not like what happened the Arch Enemies line. Anyways I hate this kind of tricks Bandai play with the fans.

Extra Finish means that the kit is plated, just like the HGUC Extra Finish Gouf and Quebeleys a few years back.

When all is said and done, Extra Finish kits are collectors' items, meant to be kept in box (and never grows in value), as the kits cannot be completed to any degree of satisfaction.

Has the latest Original Gundam RX-78 (Ver. One Year War) Master Grade made it over to domestic sellers yet?

I'm having trouble finding that one outside of importing it. Granted, it is a recent release.

I was never a huge fan of the original Gundam, but the design has grown on me, and the detail/poseability of this version looks great.

not that i know of, i think image anime is the only domestic place i have seen it. The Asshimar prototype looks ugly and way out of proportion so far, i hope they fix it.

chris

• 2 weeks later...

friggin awesome the red frame astray is one of my favorite designs, is this for real or just a custom?

chris

edit: actually i can see it is a custom they used the MG strike frame and the astray kit, awesome though.

Edited by zeo-mare

Holy crap that Astray is gorgeous. That just rocks.

That's really interesting, this guy managed to get two different kits to work together...using a MG Strike's Mobility frame with the armor parts for the HG Red Frame....interesting, wonder how he did this.

major kit bash a little while back on yahoo japan i saw a 1/100 Force Impulse Gundam kitbashed with the MG Strike frame, it to was awesome looking and much better proportioned like the Cosmic Region figure

no unfortunally i dont have any pics. it looked awesome it was made up like the cosmic region version, complete with custom GFF style decals it looked like they did alot of work on it, in order to get it to look as good as it did.

chris

Just got my Tax Refund yesterday, and I'm putting it in my account today during my lunch and then heading over too the hobby shop I'm aiming if they still got it though, to get a MG Strike and a MG Dom.

If they're both gone then blah, I'll figure something out but not G Gundam : /

if the Dom is the only one I can find, I think I'll make a desert type or something, using what dark green I have left and also getting some "Sand" Tamiya paint.

:o PG Aile and Skygrasper. it looks awesome.

chris

This is the only time you'll ever hear me sale the grasper fighter looks nice.

The ail pack looks very cool and I can't WAIT for that puppy to be released, I gotta get mine on reserve for my Strike.....gaaaaahhhhhh....*drools*

$82.00 for the PG strike? that is really cheap this is a PG you know most cost over $100.00 easy i have never seen a strike for that low you may want to grab one while you still have a chance.

He probably meant they ha a MG strike and were trying to charge $82. That would be pretty nuts.

lol PG strike for 80 bucks, I would of been pissed then cause I paid 150 for mine, but no 82 bucks for MG Strike...I sure wont be paying anywhere near that much, and worse off.....I paid 71 for my Rick Dias.....and its now 50.25 there. I paid 75 for Strike Rouge, and its only a different freaking color from Strike....so I don't know where they get these prices, but they don't seem to regulate it.

I'll be looking online for a good kit or two.