Official Gundam Plamodel Thread

thanks for the compiments yea the Strike Mg is real nice to. yea GC that is the MM Turn A Gundam it is very nice and heavy , alittle loose however I think they are all like that. as for pics of my full Gundam collection, very soon i am going to post them, my room is a mess and i want to clean it all up and get everything in order before i do.

by the way GC how did you type that upsidedown A anyhow? :huh:

chris

:sigh:

Chris, you would probably by a Bandai kitchen sink if they called it a Gundam. :-P

Gundam kitchen sink? i already have one of those :p actually i like putting together gundam kits, they are easier for me than the macross ones , which require a little more painting, my limited modeling skills do not help me, i am just getting into airbrushing (with some good results so far) but lack any real talent to paint the macross kits the way i would like :( for macross i mainly stick to the toys and books,

chris

yea those 2 came out great they look real good in person. i am still finishing up the rick dias, very soon i am going to seriously start doing some Macross kits, i did the SV-51 it came out ok <_< but no where near as good as the 2 gundam kits i did.

chris

rick dias from front, i need to finish the hands and the back covers for the legs, so far it is coming out really good, i originally wanted to do a color scheme like the HCM Pro with the digital camo markings on it, i was going to use either a lighter black or dark grey, something that would not draw to much attention to itself but added alittle highlight to it. but decide because of my limited model skills i would keep it simply i just used black grey and red for this kit which looks better than the normal color scheme, i did some preshading but my camera will not show it for some reason. you can also see what looks like a little bit of gloss or a smudge on one of the skirt armors that is from the camera

Edited by zeo-mare

backside, i like this kit alot it is big very poseable and has good detail and proportions , i also need to finish the bazooka which is currently drying even as we speak.

close up of front . i have some nice decals already which i plan on useing on this kit, i cannot wait for it to be done.

chris :)

All the PG kits I believe have LED display. The 1/60 HG Impulse uses a solar styled :p

Nice job on the Dias, its one of my favorite Mass produced models, espically the dark colored one.

My 1/100 Impulse is coming together slowly. I still haven't assembled it, but I tapped off about 80% of what I need and I bought some paint in the Jar...Tamiya brand of course. I have to pretty much hand paint the core splender's wings and probably part of the nose. I also somehow gotta figure out how to paint the vents that are on the side of the head on the Gundam....toothpicks are a bit too far for something so small and tightly inclosed....grrrr....I'll figure it out sooner or later!

Also was thinking back to that RGM-79command type....I remember I got that in my Junior year in Highschool, I'm nearly 3 years out of highschool now so that should tell ya just how different it is to the new RGM types...

Also was thinking back to that RGM-79command type....I remember I got that in my Junior year in Highschool, I'm nearly 3 years out of highschool now so that should tell ya just how different it is to the new RGM types...

It must be the original 1/144 kits from 0080 released around 1989, since they didn't have any 0080 HGUC kits until a year or two ago.

There were only 2 GM Command kits released in 1989 - the space (white and red) and colony use (tan and black) versions. Cold Climate version was never released until last year's HGUC version.

I still prefer the original 1/144 kits from 0080 over their HGUC "upgrade" versions. Except for better joint design that's a direct result of the last 15 years, the HGUCs usually skimp on the basics such as colored transparent visor pieces, and the proportions are usually a bit off with the HGUCs too.

I can remember the box, it was water colored with a shot of the GM and I think there was a colony in thebackground, it diffenetly said 0080 on the cover....I saw the box online at Gundamshopandmore.com...but I can't find the site anymore 0_o for some blasted reason.

Tonight when I get home, I gotta paint the red and the Blue moldings and the wings of the core splender and the vent covers...and walah....I think I'll be constructing Thursday night or Friday thru the end of the week.

Yeaaaaaaaaaah that was it, here's the lil bastard right here. I was gonna take a picture of it a few minutes ago....but its so banged up from my abusive nature I said screw it.

Impulse is coming around nicely. The main body should be done REALLY well and the core splender I'm trying to get as perfect as I can but I already know that wont happen, so I'll get it close. I painted the wings and I shaved the tip of the toothpicks I was to use...so the Vents on the Gundam Head came out just fine along with everything else...really didn't have any problem.

Finishing up the painting of the main body and I think I'll be done with that tomorrow for sure.

post-26-1108007297.gif

Yata! :lol: I got the Chest flyer just about finished. I only got the head to build and a bit of touching up on the pain...seems I got a finger print of Aqua Grey on there a bit.

The shield was a dissapointment :( you gotta take the lower and upper plates off and stick them into different slots. I think I like the 1/60 variation better where it j ust slides.

But I think its true some stuff do feel a bit out of proper porportion...I think namely the shoulders seem a bit too big, they sorta get in the way of the shoulder sockets to properly set into place.

Yeaaaaaaaaaah that was it, here's the lil bastard right here. I was gonna take a picture of it a few minutes ago....but its so banged up from my abusive nature I said screw it.

Impulse is coming around nicely. The main body should be done REALLY well and the core splender I'm trying to get as perfect as I can but I already know that wont happen, so I'll get it close. I painted the wings and I shaved the tip of the toothpicks I was to use...so the Vents on the Gundam Head came out just fine along with everything else...really didn't have any problem.

Finishing up the painting of the main body and I think I'll be done with that tomorrow for sure.

littlethingsmeanalot_1830_60727986.gif

That's a very nice kit for something made in 1989. Esp. compared to the 1/144 Char's Counterattack kits.

Shame on the HGUC kit for not providing standard features from the oldass 1989 version such as clear visor piece and separate beam saber from the hand.

is that the 1/100? right now i am touching up my strike gundam PG i am painting the white and greyish white armor parts all white, and am going to add the decals to it, i cannot wait to truly finish this one off.

The SEED mobile suits are suppose to be the same size as the ones in Wing...that's the rumor I heard.

And yes that's my 1/100 Impulse, I'm STILL waiting for the white for the core splender to finish, I had to add a 3rd coat.

Its sorta funny it'll still connect just fine without the core splender in the middle....wonder if that'll work fine on my 1/60...

so do you like it? is it worth the money or should i just wait until a MG and PG version come out

Depends on how much you like collecting....I'm trying to go for what ever I can get my hands on every pay check without feeling broke at the end.

If you can find it under 60 dollars shoot why not? But some of the biggest pain in the butts is the fact that some parts which should have been individually molded are actually molded to main pieces, like the shoulders and legs...you gotta tape off the parts you can't get paint on and hope to god you don't...lucky me I doubled layered :p

As for my 1/100 Impulse....I'll check on it in a bit.....if it needs a 4th coat.....I'm gonna be pissed.

YES! The 3rd coat was the last I needed to complete the core splender!

<<<<<was listening to the theme too while putting in the finishing touches.

Its not 1/100 accurate, but damn that is as close to something as I've ever gotten from something so tiny. But here's the best picture I could take of Shin's Core Splender in bad light.

post-26-1108099500.jpg

Finally for tonight.....Core Splender, Chest, Leg Flyer, and Force Impulse!

I can actually say I did have fun building this kit and I'm happy my customization came out nicely.

A few things...

1) There is alot of painting involved with this kit. If your the kind that doesn't enjoy painting models cause its time consuming stay FAR AWAY from this kit!

2) Shoulder armor seems to get in the way of the pushing in of the dislocated shoulder joints when your going from Mobile Armor to Mobile Suit configuration. So just be aware.

3) Unlike the 1/60 where its shield can shift into compact and battle position, you gotta take the two halfs of the shield apart and places the ends on different parts of the main body of the shield, this is sorta a pain in the ass.

4) Like the 1/60 you gotta paint the core splender. However I didn't on my 1/60 cause it doesn't give you the greatest picture of the Core Speldners original color scheme where as the 1/100 model instructions will come with a booklet of how to customize the Impulse to its anime counterpart......thus I did about a 90% accurate repesentation.

post-26-1108102380_thumb.jpg

that sucks, i have been waiting for the MG Guntank for years , i simply no longer see it happening. where does it say that the Guncannon is just a repaint? i could not seem to find it. though it is nice to see the PG Aile Pack way up in May though <_<

thanks

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

It mentions the MG Guncannon (ver. Project Pegasus).

You're right, it may be more than just a re-color with PG-style mods as seen in the Gundam ver. PP,

but it is still a MS that has been seen before and not a new one.

What with all of the Zeta hype and Destiny in the mix, throw us a bone, will ya Bandai!?! <_<

Heck, they could even give MS IGLOO a suit a la EMS-10 Zudah:ems-10.jpg

Well I for one am happy to see more 1/100 releases for Destiny! A Sword Impulse and even a Zaku Warrior.

Course I'd like to see more UC MG's as well....If they ever did release a Guntank then I would buy that and a Guncannon and maybe a new Gundam kit to go with 'em. As for Zeta...I'd like to see some other Titan suits come about...hell I'd almost like to see a Physco Gundam MKII :o

only the 1/60 PG Aile Grasper? I was so hoping that they'll include the Sword and Launcher packs too. :( oh well,, guess I get more time to save up. Can't wait to see how Destiny and Freedom II looks like :)

actually it was mentioned awhile back the the PG 1/60 would be the Aile pack only and maybe the Skygrasper vehicle with it, there was no mention of the other packs being made :(