Official Gundam Plamodel Thread

Gwildor, Orko..its Heman :p Same thing! funny lil elves!

Nice to see a PG kit can still look good without all the paint and panel lines, I still wanna get a PG Strike, hell I just wanna get a PG kit!

yeah its nice to have one :)

Yes, very nice to see it right-out-of-the-box and looking good. Nice Work!!

I am very intimidated about my PG Wing Zero Custom due to my talentless skills!! :blink:

The one shown here on the thread was originally white and red, I just changed the red to a blue, and the vent fins to gold...

The old RGM-79 I got at home I'll take a picture, I repainted it into a really nasty blue and black, man did I regret it. But that one is Tan.

this is sorta it...it was a GM Command But its joints were a lil bit different...I'll try and snap a digi tonight.

ALSO! Just wanting to note, like the newer HG's, the beam saber on this version is jointed with the hand....the one I got, the beam saber is seperate.

post-26-1107899096_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hikuro

Edit: Ack.. it helps if I'm a bit more specific, doesn't it?

Does the PG Strike Gundam use screws? HLJ.com's description suggests it uses an entirely polycap/ABS based joint system.

hi the PG strike did not have any screws for the joints unlike most of the other PGs, but it is still very tight and very well designed.

chris

Edit: Ack.. it helps if I'm a bit more specific, doesn't it?

Does the PG Strike Gundam use screws? HLJ.com's description suggests it uses an entirely polycap/ABS based joint system.

well for this PG you only get 1 screw, and that is to secure the battleries in the head section. It is exactly like what HLJ's description suggests, Polycap/ABS based joint system.

All the Perfect Grades before this uses screws for the joints. But they use less and less. The Zero Custom uses a whole bunch of screws along with improvements in the joint systems, and some feathers. :rolleyes: The MK2 Still uses screws but not as much., then we the GP01/Fb which uses even less screws. And finally the PG strike with 1 screw and new hand assembly. So it will seems that future PG will not be using screws for thier joints no more.

But having no screws doesn't mean that it's a bad thing :)

HEy Toons how durable is that sucker? It looks sweet!! I want to get a perfect grade but only if it is durable enough to withstand play. How does it compare to a 1/48 durability wise?

Also how long did it take to build? And can you take comparison pics with the 1.48 VF-1 and 1/60? Like height comparisons and such. Heck maybe even the MSIA or arch enemies version of the strike gundam.

if toonz does not take pics maybe i can, i have most of the stuff you would like to see it along side, it is very posable and sturdy it seems to be the best one yet i think the MK-II and zaku are second best, the wing zero is worst it becomes very floppy in a short times mainly the wings. i will take some pics along side other kits and macross stuff.

chris

Guess I own both *shrug* :unsure: the RGM-79GS is the new one

The one HERE in this post is the one I just built and customized a bit.

But the one I'm bsin about is a command type with tanish coloring and a mix of a dark blue/greenish like secondary color. Which I posted a picture in my last posts.

post-26-1107917980.jpg

i have a 1/60 but it is boxed up but i am sure you get the idea it is a big kit it does not take long to put together (about a day) but if you are going to paint and decal then yea it will take alittle longer, right now i am going to take all the white a light grey parts off and paint them pure white i do not like the 2 tone color armor.

chris

hi actually it is Zeo not Zero :p it is far better than the Mg version but if you cannot afford the PG the MG is really nice as well. they did a god job on that one as well. i will post a few more pics of it i am not sure near what just yet :unsure: but if you get it you will not be disapointed in it.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

here is my ikea display (i have 2 now), it has my PG Strike, GP-01, MG Rick Dias (i have not finished the hands yet), MG Wing Zero Ver.Ka and MG RX-78 Ver.Ka