Official Gundam Plamodel Thread

Hopefully I'll get this kit when ever I find it. But there are some ideas I wanna run on and experiment with before I get something heavily detailed.

^_^ I'm hoping on finding some great kits in seattle on Friday.

yea i noticed this the other day to , the new RX-78 look pretty nice. i really wish the OYW versions of the other gundam were not just repaints but entirely new kits, i would have loved to have a new Zaku or Gouf.

chris

Or better yet, stop all of this recoloring and making the new manuals all "oooooh"-"aaaaah"-flashy..............................

Give us some NEW stuff!!!

Ya know, never released stuff!!!

Sheesh!!! <_<

I mean the last physically-new (non-modified) mobile suit incarnation was the Ball Ver. Ka.....LAST YEAR!!!

And so far, up until May, nothing new on the horizon.

Where's the "Zeta-blitz"?

or some SEED/SEED-D goodies?

Plenty of places to pick suits from, but nuthin', nada, zippo, zilch.... <_<

yea i agree i thought they said this year was supposed to be a zeta year? there has been a lot of nice Seed Destiny but i have not seen to much other than the Gundam Fix Zeta and some new MSIA figures. i wish they would do some new Zeta MG kits specially a new upgraded MK-II and Zeta itself as the existing ones are getting old and outdated.

isnt the zaku just a repaint? i would love some MG Gundam X or Victory gundam stuff.

I second the Victory and Turn ∀ notions! :D (My 1/100 Harry Ord Sumo needs a pal!)

Yeah, other than the modified -78, the other OYW release are just recolors....not even new panel lines. <_<

The "stonewashed" look isn't that bad, but they are the same as the original releases nonetheless. Check out the links below for some pics:

You can also see the release schedule from the end of 2004 when the Ball showed up, since then it's just been re-color/variation "poodoo".

Edited by GRAND CANNON

So I`m not the only one who likes Turn A and Sumo, speaking of that I wonder if Metal Material Turn A Gundam is still available.

the Metal Material Turn A Gundam is very nice you can sometimes find it on ebay cheap, i have seen it as low as $30.00, it is a little fragile on the shoulderpads (so be careful) but the figure is very nice and detailed as well as poseable and heavy, alot of acceseries as well, it is the best Turn A you can buy

From Guntoa :

HGUC Asshimar

That's right folks, the Zetathon for the HGUC continues with an Asshimar slated for June. HGUC Asshimar appears to come with a transformation gimmick and a display stand.

Pam's HP is also reporting a limited edition HGUC Gundam Mk-II (AEUG colors, extra finish version) and a HGUC Marasai (extra finish version) for May.

the missles in its chest are all removable, but they fall out real easy. best of all it is 1/100 so it should look good along side the 1/100 Sumo. I would love a 1/144 GFF Turn A Gundam with configable armor to the Turn X Gundam B)) since it is a neglected design i feel it may actually have a chance of being made (wether they make the configuarble armor or not) but the Turn A itself may still have a chance, I would very much like to see a Katoki revised Turn A Gundam.

From Guntoa :

HGUC Asshimar

That's right folks, the Zetathon for the HGUC continues with an Asshimar slated for June. HGUC Asshimar appears to come with a transformation gimmick and a display stand.

Pam's HP is also reporting a limited edition HGUC Gundam Mk-II (AEUG colors, extra finish version) and a HGUC Marasai (extra finish version) for May.

i wish they would make some 1/100 Mg kits already for the Zeta series this year. there will probably be a few, but i hope i am not going to have to wait for the end of the year :(

From Guntoa : 

HGUC Asshimar

i wish they would make some 1/100 Mg kits already for the Zeta series this year. there will probably be a few, but i hope i am not going to have to wait for the end of the year :(

I won`t be surprised if they make GQ Zeta`s.

i had both the HG 1/100 and the MM Turn A, they are both nice, but i prefer the MM version, i sold the HG version on ebay, also in order to make it look real good you have to panel line and detail it, with the MM you just take it out of the box and you are already to go. i do not remember if i saw the Katoki version :unsure: do you have any pics of it?

Yeah, let's hope not that long. <_<

Where a Blue Hi-Zack is, IMHO, a given, don't forget about that rumor of THE O that shows up every now and then..... :rolleyes:

i would love a The-O or a Palace Athene. does anyone know what is planned after the OYW MG Kits?

Yeah, let's hope not that long. <_<

Where a Blue Hi-Zack is, IMHO, a given, don't forget about that rumor of THE O that shows up every now and then..... :rolleyes:

i would love a The-O or a Palace Athene. does anyone know what is planned after the OYW MG Kits?

Just Shiro's Ball! :blink:

(I had to, it was so easy!!)

Man, an MG Palace Athene would need it's own ROOM!! :lol:

it should not be to big there is a 1/100 resin kit of it, so it cannot be all that massive, i figured around EX-S size from what it looked like

chris

i do not really like it either, i just hope he slightly tweaks the GFF version but not redesigns it from top to bottom like that.

thanks for the pic

chris

I`m surprised that this MSIA set was never mentioned before in Gundam sites, it was just pop-out in HLJ 

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN932859

That's because it's super-old-news. This set was from the first wave of Gundam figures released in the US several years ago.

So it took nearly four years for that MSIA set to come out Japan and we got it all the way back in 2001. :)

Don't bother. There will never be a Turn A GFF because that design is so hideously ugly that no one in their right mind will buy it.

May be for you but the Turn A`s look is unique, why do you prefer the Seedy MS. You never know they might make one, No body expected the a FIX Xi Gundam !

May be for you but the Turn A`s look is unique, why do you prefer the Seedy MS.  You never know they might make one, No body expected the a FIX Xi Gundam !

Unique doesn't make it any less ugly. GFF Xi was unexpected, granted, but the choice is understandable, as it is NOT UGLY, and still very unique.

And if SEED mechs are as unique as the PG Strike, then yes, I do prefer SEED mechs over any Syd Mead abominations.

The point is if you want a GFF Turn A that badly, you can hold your breath, but it will most likely never come.

Edited by Stamen0083

It all comes down to personal taste. I think almost every ms out of seed and seed destiny looks terrible compared to almost every UC ms. I don't really like the look of the Turn A, but I like the feel of it in the show at least. Turn A ms movement has a more machine-like feel to it (except for the UC mses in it). Most UC stuff has a more human feel. Seed and Seed Destiny stuff on the other hand has an exaggerated feel, like power rangers (I'm talking about stuff like the way mses will fling their rifle up high before leveling them on a target, or how everything seems to dodge around in that flashy one-knee-bent-one-leg-straight flying pose).

I wouldn't expect a fix of the Turn A, as fixes are all about the look- if not they wouldn't keep popping out mses that aren't even from shows. Turn A has quite a bit going for it but the look of the Turn A itself is not one of those things, at least not for most people. It *is* an ugly ms, but some people like ugly robot designs more than pretty ones.

Turn A ms movement has a more machine-like feel to it (except for the UC mses in it). Most UC stuff has a more human feel. Seed and Seed Destiny stuff on the other hand has an exaggerated feel, like power rangers (I'm talking about stuff like the way mses will fling their rifle up high before leveling them on a target, or how everything seems to dodge around in that flashy one-knee-bent-one-leg-straight flying pose).

Well it`s a matter of taste, I agree with you about Turn A ms movements machine like, like when Turn A is holding Soshie Haime and turning its head 360 degrees and you can tell pure machine movements. As for Seedy MS lets say MSG7 :D