Official Gundam Plamodel Thread

check this out the PERFECT GRADE 1/60 Strike Gundam I.W.S.P. pack from G-system, this is going to be awesome when they finish it i also just placed my preoder for the 1/72 Geara Doga this year is already starting off sweet.

G-system homepage

Edited by zeo-mare

check this out the PERFECT GRADE 1/60 Strike Gundam I.W.S.P. pack from G-system, this is going to be awesome when they finish it i also just placed my preoder for the 1/72 Geara Doga this year is already starting off sweet.

G-system homepage

i just hope the pack is removable...it would be a waste to buy a PG Strike just to put that pack on, especially when we don't exactly know if there's any packs coming later on...what's the use of having the strike if the packs aren't removable? seriously though, bandai needs to say something to the restless fans or else fans are gonna have to start kickin' some bandai ass :lol::lol::D:rolleyes:

i am pretty certain it comes off, i have the G-system RX-78 Ver ka. conversion and it is still poseable and the parts still come off. i think they are probably fully aware that bandai is making the other parts for it, (hopefully soon) I really want the Aile Pack my self.

yea they have some figgin awesome stuff, i just ordered the 1/72 Geara Doga they are suppossed to have it shipped by mid feb. i am hoping to do a build up of it on this site as i go along. :)

i was trying to think what color i am going to paint him, either green or blue i am going to do the green version, though a blue one would look alot like a decked out Kampher which would not be bad either.

cool do you have any bigger pics it is hard to truly see the detail on it, also is that a PG strike I see in the background?

yea the Sazabi is not very poseable, the funnels on mine have a hard time staying in, for me it is the left arm the arm I have the shield on it easily pops out of the socket because of the weight. the Meteor looks real good, how do you rate the Meteor Unit? is it worth the money?

Edited by zeo-mare

Well like all 1/144's, its a fix-r-upper. There are only Black, White and Pink colors on the meteor units....and the decals are truely a pain in the butt. So you gotta do alot of plotting and time consuming to get the model to look just right. My buggest concern were the Exhaust Vents, I had too tape off certain areas carefully cause the Vents are almost stairs like where they each go down lil by lil into the next vent plate.

But the weapons bays are the most difficult, you gotta tape that off just right or else the paint is gonna slip thru and start marking where it shouldn't, and that happened to me sadly. But you can't see it if I take pictures at certain angles.

The Freedom needs alot of work as well, since its cannons are not correctly colored at all, infact the cannons on the wings are nearly completely wrong in size and shape...there are lines int he mold which shouldn't exist and I'm not sure why they are...The redplate on the shoulders, and the Golden V on the head are decals, I hated that. However the red plate decals are the ONLY decals which haven't begun to peal at all. Also the Beam rifle and the Shield are pretty much one color, its too sad....

Also there are decals on the Meteor which I think could have been made into seperate pieces and was truely unessessary...it was almost as if they got lazy in a few areas.

I paid hmmmmmmm I think lil over 100 dollars for the kit, and I'm seeing an average of 89 dollars, if you can find it under that price range its worth it.

But if you do end up liking the finished product after all the tooling around, I suggest getting another one and buying a Justice kit since its sold seperately.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome paint scheme on the "Dark Wing." Worked out pretty well.

Did you guys look at the picture carefully? This is a brand new kit, save for quite possibly recycled 1.5 internal frame.

The Rx-78-2 has never had a decent representation in 1/100 scale. This is it, as far as I can see. It's a scaled down PG Gundam without the chunky PG proportions and more panel lines.

I say it's about time. If it means I get a great Rx-78-2 instead of a GM Sniper II, I'll gladly accept it.

Edited by Stamen0083

project pegasus is a video game if i recall, as for this MG i am not to interested in this one, maybe when i see the full painted version with all the weapons.

chris

Sorry, but the RX 78-2 is allready annoying. Having SO MANY cool designs in the Gundam universe, BanDai keeps releasing the SAME OLD designs over and over again.

We have RX 78's in all possible scales, all possible matherials and stiles. COME ON!

I really dont care If this rendition to the 78 is better than the others, I am just tired of the same. At the end if you take any decent RX model and apply decent model skills it will look just great, the rest is just opera

I think the game is suppose to be out......eeeeeeehhhhhh for the gamecube....I remember seeing a few screen shots for maybe 2 different Gundam games....

While I appreciate Bandai giving us a much nicer, more poseable RX-78-2...I don't think I like the colors they're using and hope they change. Both the Blue and the Red have been faded to like LIght Blue and Pink....and the white looks just a bit creamy...while I don't think the other two were great either since they were too dark....I felt this was to light. Also the hands, internal armor and booster pack are completely black : / I'm going to change that when I get the kit...even in the anime it wasn't like that.

From what I can tell, the feet will be seperated into two joints which is now becoming more common in Gundam MG and even some HG models. The hands are also becoming individually poseable which we're also starting to see more often as well. But that's a guess cause in one picture you see small gaps between the fingers while in others the gap is closed off.

I hope they make a few alterations to it before final product.

Did you guys look at the picture carefully? This is a brand new kit, save for quite possibly recycled 1.5 internal frame.

The Rx-78-2 has never had a decent representation in 1/100 scale. This is it, as far as I can see. It's a scaled down PG Gundam without the chunky PG proportions and more panel lines.

I say it's about time. If it means I get a great Rx-78-2 instead of a GM Sniper II, I'll gladly accept it.

Yes I looked at the picture carefully, and I stand by what I said before. It looks like a slightly new sculpt, and, woo boy, they redid the shoulders. Big flippin deal - give me some CCA and Zeta suits dammit, before redoing that bitch ass RX-78-2 yet ANOTHER time!

Uhm, sorry man, I think you are crazy. I rather get the MG GM Sniper II rather than yet another 78.

Siiigh. All those HGUC 0080 MS releases, and I've yet to see any of them translated to MG other than the Kampfer and the Alex.

I'm just fine with my ver. 1.5 RX-78-2. Maybe a HCM Pro to hold on to.

Edited by Anubis

...woo boy, they redid the shoulders.  Big flippin deal...

It IS a big deal.

First MG Rx-78-2: Okawaran version. 1995 technology. Enough said.

Second MG Rx-78-2: Gundam ver. 1.5. Fancy new PG style legs with 1995 technology arms. Cool legs, but everything else is WRONG.

Third MG Rx-78-2: Perfect [sic] Gundam. Once again, enough said.

Fourth MG Rx-78-2: Project Pegasus. New arms, new legs, new mobility. 21st century technology.

It took Bandai ten years to make the right Rx-78-2. It IS a big deal. Ugly Zeta and CCA mechs can wait.

PS: If they can't get the Rx-78-2 right, there's no way in hell they would get the MG GM Sniper II or anything else right. Look at the MG GM Kai.

Edited by Stamen0083