Custom VF-1S Triplets are complete!

Kurt

Hey everyone. As promised here are the completed DYRL VF-1S's w/o fast packs. I will have an image of all three in fighter mode as soon as I finish the fast packs. I want to limit the number times I have to transform them. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

post-4-1081177385_thumb.jpg

Great work on them, but I'm afraid all three should be marked 001, as all 3 were Skull 1 at the times they flew their respective 1S valks.

Again, great job on the detailing though.

Awesome work Kurt! you most definitely made my Monday :D

Now to answer some questions! The variation of numbers is no biggie for me and I actually prefer them to be different! We're actually going to make some minor changes so they will be a unique DYRL VF's and the not the ordinary movie version. We won't spill the beans just yet so you'll have to stay tuned to see what I mean. They're very minor but I think will be a nice change to see in these customs :p

Now the missing Kaki is my doing only because I already have 3 DYRL Kaki in 1/55 scale and I just can't see getting another one ;) I have so many customs going on right now and plus uncle Sam to deal with, so maybe later down the road we'll get him done too.

As you all can tell i'm a big fan of custom VF's and have invested a pretty good penny on my collection. Some day when I'm finished with the 1/48 scale I will try and take pictures of my collection to proudly display to everyone. Until then I hope you enjoy Kurt's work, they truly are masterpieces!

Regards,

Gene

Kurt,

Wow, absolutely beautiful customs! Can't wait to see them with the armor on, and especially the strike cannons. :o

Gene,

I am very envious of you, and I know your collection of customs has surpassed mine. I've been investing in Gundam resin kits, and as such my Macross custom collection has suffered lately. :(

Not only that, but the price for a Yamato VF-1S and Super/Strike armor is close to $200.00 each once shipping is factored in, plus the custom commission means that each project is a lot more of an investment as compared to when the 1/55's were popular. ;)

I'll reply to your PM as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Thanks everyone. The 013 on the Max was my fault. The original plan was to build this as a 1A, which 013 would have been fine for. However the plan changed to making the 1S version of Max. How I have to be honest and admit my lack of knowledge here. I have only seen DYRL once. So most of my Macross knowledge is based off the TV series. And since Max never flew the 1S on TV ( I don't think. I hope I'm not wrong about that also) I assumed his number stayed 013. If I would have paid closer attention to the Hasegawa 1S decal instructions, I would have picked up on this. At least the customer is happy, and that is my first priority. Thanks Gene!

Wow. . . Wow. . . Uh. . . wow. . .

H

P.S. The trio from the front is now my new wallpaper.

P.P.S. Oh, and spread those wings more in gerwalk! I realize that you might have kept them so closed for space reasons. . . but they just don't look right unless those wings are wide open! Just my opinion of course! :)

Edited by Hurin

Whoaaw.. Love 'em! :lol:

Just noticed. No more face seem. That's super-nice. The seam never really bothered me. But the lack of one is really quite beautiful!

H

omg............i didn't know how good basic colors could look with those cool weathering.....now I feel like my minty valk is crap lookin. Thanks alot guys. :angry:

Just noticed. No more face seem. That's super-nice. The seam never really bothered me. But the lack of one is really quite beautiful!

H

Stupid question : How to get rid of it? Putty and then paint?

Which kind of decals did you use?

So far I know there are two available 1/48 sticker/Decals for customisers in the market. ;)

Takatoys and Anasazi37. :D

What are the difference between the two, which is easier to apply? :p

Any info is greatly appreicated. :lol:

Anasazi's are generally water-slide decals.

Takatoys are stickers. They are cut, and apply. No water necessary.

They both look great. But the water-slide do tend to lay down flatter and appear more "painted-on" if you know what you're doing and use modeling techniques to apply them.

I think Anasazi may also offer a "sticker" version of his water-slide decals. But, I'm not sure.

If you're going to be painting and detailing your valk, I'd recommend the Anasazi water slide ones.

If you're going to be just applying stickers to a stock valkyrie and want to leave it at that (no clear coat or protective layer), go with Takatoys stickers.

Both look great!

Neither are pre-cut. You have to cut them from the sheet individually.

H

Just noticed.  No more face seem.  That's super-nice.  The seam never really bothered me.  But the lack of one is really quite beautiful!

H

Stupid question : How to get rid of it? Putty and then paint?

I filled the seam with thin super glue then sanded. Followed that up with some Mr. Surfacer 500 and smoothed everything out. Then primed and painted.

I used Anasazi's decals on the these three. The decals are far supierior to stickers if you want a realistic look.