EVAGELION -The End is Here- ...

ogami

How about the girl that played Hermaione (however you spell it) from Harry Potter. Red head, and could probably play Asuka's attitude pretty well. About the right age too. A few more years and she'll be smokin too.

Rei I'm have no idea who to cast. The skin is a problem in retrospect, though that can be fixed with makeup or digitally reducing her skin color to paler than usual. Only actresses I can think of right now that might fit the bill are one of the Live Action Sailor Moon girls or the ball n' chain girl from Kill Bill (better choice). Zhang Ziyi isn't bad either.

I saw someone recently who might play a good Shinji, but can't remember who now. Whoever he is needs to be able to flip out appropriately.

Right now I vote Hugh Jackman for Kaji.

Edited by Anubis

Emma Watson, is a bit british for the part of Asuka, but I suppose that could be worked around in voice coaching...

I'd say cast it with complete unknowns and use the money for effects, 'cause it would need it. Besides, all the pre-emptive bitching about so-and-so not being right for the part would be pretty much invalid. Let the power of the license and the imagery sell moviegoers on checking it out. Worked for Harry Potter, another story with young protagonists.

Of course, studios don't think that way, normally. They feel like they need names to sell the movie. Silly.

Of course, studios don't think that way, normally.  They feel like they need names to sell the movie.  Silly.

so sad and so true, now that i am getting closer to the movie industry, i'm realizing how movie makers have this view of the general public that we are just do stupid to accept new ideas.

or that we can't connect to a movie if there is no big star to anchor us.

personally i find big name actors to be extremely distracting. i don't see tom cruiz as a character, i see him as tom cruiz playing make beleive. same goes for MANY big name actors.

i can't beleive Danial Day Lewis turned down Aragorn in LoTR to be in Gangs of New York... anyway, got on a tangent there.

i am totally in favor of no names for the eva movie. maybe they can get baby face older actors so they can make the film as full of gore and sexual undertones as is fitting.

Edited by KingNor

There's this girl that use to come out in this series Once and Again and recently the movie Thirteen, Evan Rachel Wood. Great actress and has that soon to be hot quality.

post-25-1081190926.jpg

As for Haji, if you're gonna go with a big name I think Colin Farrell would fit the part more.

Edited by >EXO<

There's this girl that use to come out in this series Once and Again and recently the movie Thirteen, Evan Rachel Wood.  Great actress and has that soon to be hot quality.

post-25-1081190926.jpg

As for Haji, if you're gonna go with a big name I think Colin Farrell would fit the part more.

Yowzah :wub:

How old is she? -Insert jailbait smilie-

Anyway, I have nothing against casting unknowns, in fact I like seeing new faces. For certain hard-to-cast parts you kind of have to.

Any suggestions I put forth for example are simple speculation, seeking the right kind of attributes a person needs to fill the part best. Big names, no-names, don't matter, as long as he/she fills their part properly.

It's fun to play the casting game.

I agree that using no-names is very healthy as well if you want to mind the budget of a movie. After Harry Potter's success, even Emma Watson or the guy that played Harry are going to be expensive to cast soon, if not already.

Edited by Anubis

Amber Tamblyn could have potential for Asuka as well.

post-26-1081198196_thumb.jpg

Here's Evan Rachel Wood's imdb page. I don't think she's gonna be an unknown for very long.

i can't beleive Danial Day Lewis turned down Aragorn in LoTR to be in Gangs of New York... anyway, got on a tangent there.

As far as I know Daniel Day-Lewis was nominated for an Academy Award for that role and Viggo Mortensen wasn't for playing Aragorn. Having seen Day-Lewis's choices before it seemed like a no-brainer he was going to go with the Scorsese film.

Rei I'm have no idea who to cast.  The skin is a problem in retrospect, though that can be fixed with makeup or digitally reducing  her skin color to paler than usual.  Only actresses I can think of right now that might fit the bill are one of the Live Action Sailor Moon girls or the ball n' chain girl from Kill Bill (better choice).

You mean Chiaki Kuriyama...

chiaki_kuriyama_006.jpg

hmmm...yes...she would be nice, looks the part too. IMHO, Rei with black hair would work. Better yet, have black hair with that dark blue shimmer effect when struck by light. Know what I mean?

BTW, here are more pics of Chiaki. Note, I suggest you do not open up the link at work, as some of the pics are quite risque. ;)

Edited by J A Dare

Rei I'm have no idea who to cast.  The skin is a problem in retrospect, though that can be fixed with makeup or digitally reducing  her skin color to paler than usual.  Only actresses I can think of right now that might fit the bill are one of the Live Action Sailor Moon girls or the ball n' chain girl from Kill Bill (better choice).

chiaki_kuriyama_006.jpg

hmmm...yes...she would be nice, looks the part too. IMHO, Rei with black hair would work. Better yet, have black hair with that dark blue shimmer effect when struck by light. Know what I mean?

BTW, here are more pics of Chiaki. Note, I suggest you do not open up the link at work, as some of the pics are quite risque. ;)

nice chimp... better than a red x. :p

Eeewww... how old is she??? She looks way too young to be doing nudes. Gotta wash my eyes.

Eeewww... how old is she???  She looks way too young to be doing nudes.  Gotta wash my eyes.

19. She was in Battle Royale (2001), which I have yet to see. :(

Apparently, she's been a teen idol in Japan for a long time.

wow... 19? It looks like she still has 10 yrs of teen idol left in her... :p

She was great in Kill Bill though. :D

wow... 19? It looks like she still has 10 yrs of teen idol left in her... :p

She was great in Kill Bill though. :D

Inherited youthful genes I guess.

Dude, have you seen Mari Iijima (Minmay) these days? She's like 40 years old and can still easily pass as 20-something! :D

nice chimp... better than a red x.  :p

*LOL* :lol: At first I didn't know what you meant by that comment. Looks like the website doesn't allow external image linking. BTW, DA's female cast is choice! :)

Yes... I likes the idea of Elisha Cuthbert in that tight red suit. And that Yumi chick is... well... yummy!!! ^ __ ^

*LOL* :lol: At first I didn't know what you meant by that comment. Looks like the website doesn't allow external image linking. BTW, DA's female cast is choice! :)

Yes... I likes the idea of Elisha Cuthbert in that tight red suit. And that Yumi chick is... well... yummy!!! ^ __ ^

two words every cast should include:

JESSICA BIEL!!!

Edited by Isamu Atreides 86

two words every cast should include:

JESSICA BIEL!!!

lol... she's too well developed for that prepubescent story. :lol:

OK, Elisha Cuthbert IS perfect for Asuka. Just need to dye her hair a little darker/reddish. Good choice DA.

post-26-1081223413_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

chiaki_kuriyama_006.jpg

ROFLMAO at the site's anti-leeching pic.

But damn I'm at work and so bloody tempted to open that link right now....oh well. It can wait. Battle Royale btw is cool and eveyrone should watch it.

Asuka....forget Asuka...her name's ....Kim Rose? And Rei's Ray. :lol:

While I think kids would add to the general creepiness factor of what they have to go through - personally I can't see it made with 12-year olds. The movie-going public would rage against the sexual under-, over-, and everywhereinbetween-tones of pre-teens (and it wouldn't look very pretty on the screen either) The Ender's Game movie is going to be fighting this as well. While the stories won't have the same impact with older characters, I think changing thier ages is still the best idea.

And add me to the Elisha Cuthbert as Asuka and Kelly Hu as Misato list :D

• 1 year later...

well now we know which of the concept art is final, i like them, but they cant compare to the originals, the new eva-02 looks meaner, but has lost it's sense of elegance, the new eva-01 looks too organic, like any armor would be made so intricate and curvy, and the new eva-00 looks too mechanical, with the 'circuit board' line on it's body and the caution bars on the chin, yes using the original designs would have been best but think of it this way, some aesthetic damage is better than a complete mangle and redesign, its the best we could expect form hollywood

I think it should have more armour to make it look more robotic 1st. Then while fighting an angel, it gets damaged, the armour falls off and *SHOCK!*. Its organic and it bleeds!!

As it is now, it looks very organic creature-like and will lose that *SHOCK* factor. Well of course WE won't be shocked...but omg the thing has toes even. <_<

No, no, no. The Evas are supposed to appear almost skeletal and definitely non-threatening, belying the armageddon bearing monster beneath the metal. If any of you can recall watching the anime when it was new, the full capabilities of the Eva units were revealed in dramatic stages spread across the episodes. These combat inspired WOW designs are just wrong...

Of course, giving the Evas and the series an "action edge," be it in story line, character or mechanical design will probably garner a new generation of fans and $ for the franchise, so forget everything I said previously...

Edited by myk

Guest Bromgrev
I wonder how the average US movie goer would react if they kept all the teen angst from the anime in the live action movie.

Including Shinji's little hand-action by Asuka's hospital bed? It'd be worth it just to see what new heights of moral outrage could be reached! :lol:

While I think kids would add to the general creepiness factor of what they have to go through - personally I can't see it made with 12-year olds. The movie-going public would rage against the sexual under-, over-, and everywhereinbetween-tones of pre-teens (and it wouldn't look very pretty on the screen either) The Ender's Game movie is going to be fighting this as well. While the stories won't have the same impact with older characters, I think changing thier ages is still the best idea.

Pre-teen? The eva pilots are all 14 years old, and probably 15 by the end. If US audiences can't handle the idea of teenagers being interested in members of the opposite sex (or, in the case of Shinji, both genders: Kaoru), I hope Hollywood gives up on live-action anime adaptions right now. <_<

its too bad that they changed the mechancil designs, i have had dreams of what a live actio evangelion could look like especially the battles, i cannot even begin the describe how aesome my imagination has been with this, anime is good and all live action, real-looking eva action ive dreamed is just unbeliavably awesome, imagine terrifying 01 could be in a live sequence, teeth shining, armor getting torn off in the heat of battle, skyscrapers coming down because of massive bodies being tackled into them, streets running with red and blue blood, the eva litterally tearing into an angel, all this larger than life, just think about that, and what the eva movie could have been