NEW green Queadluun Rau custom

physioguy

Great looking custom awesome work...

Bit of advice on the listing. Make it absolutely explicit that only the custom is for sale and that the original red one in the pic is only there for comparison.

Probably won't matter, but it doesn't hurt to cover yourself.

I couldn't help it, so i stayed up late and detailed the rau a bit more to my liking. Thanks for all the kind words so far.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3185584117

I don't know how to post images, but if someone could do that for me, that would be great. Also, Graham, I will send some higher res photos when able.

harry

When you first post (I'm not sure you can attach when editting) there's an File Attachment box below the box you're typing in. Next to it is a Browse button. That will lead you to an explorer window where you can choose your file. :)

How did you change the eye?

Clarification: I can see that the eye is changed. I wondering about the method used.

Best Regards,

H

Edited by Hurin

Wow, that thing is shooting up in price! The amazing thing is that there's plenty of time left.

Maybe there IS a market for the green TV Q-Rau?

If I wasn't a poor, unemployed, worthless sack of excrement, then I would bid to win on that Bad Girl.

BTW, great work!

There's definitely a market for the green Q-Rau. I've even seen comments on a Japanese BBS from people who say they prefer the green.

I'm willing to wait a bit to see how things develop, but even if Yamato does a green Q-Rau along the lines of this custom, using just a repaint without major modifications (maybe fix the antenna and remold the eye), I'll buy it.

again, thanks for all the kind words. just a tip for those who are like minded and don't like the glossy finish on the yamato RAUs. If you buy a Matte Enamel clear coat, comes in a spray can, a light spray can cure the shine. I did it with my red rau.

You just have to be careful not to overspray it (cuz totally dull finish doesn't look too sharp either), or to spray it unevenly. Also, get a good quality spray. Krylon works well for me

Guest YF-21

The only this i can say is ( I have Muts yamato this) i will make my custom next week it is gonna be 2 types.

Robotech Battlecry

Macross 7

currently make face cast some hope to show it 2 you guy's

I don't know how to post images, but if someone could do that for me, that would be great. Also, Graham, I will send some higher res photos when able.

Can you give us close up of the face. I gotta see that face in details and please tell us how you went about it. :)

thanks!

Thanks again for the kind words.

The head was just painted proper, and the space between the eye bars was filled in first. If the price gets higher, I'll probably do a whole custom head for the winner and my own one at the same time. It wouldn't be too hard with a scalpel and some sculpey.

I wish they were cheaper so i could make a fleet of them.

I'm also desperately waiting for a yamato pod, along with the rest of you I'm sure.

harry

I'm also desperately waiting for a yamato pod, along with the rest of you I'm sure.

harry

I would be so happy if Yamato released a Regult in 1/60 scale. How likely is it to happen? I wouldn't hold my breath...

It is better not to hope for something if there is no chance of realizing it. Why set yourself up for the agony of disappointment?

I imagine a Glaug is much more likely but probably that ain't even gonna happen.

• 1 year later...

1 VF-1 2NV, you suck :p i had my hopes up thinkin' yamato was actually gonna release a green one...:p but now...you just bumped a year old thread :p

btw...there is a main site to MW even tho it seems like people don't really care for it :p people bookmark the forums and forget about the main site :lol: good thing i never did that...i always check out the main page for any updates :D damn...i just sounded a lil like a brown-noser :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

1 VF-1 2NV, you suck :p i had my hopes up thinkin' yamato was actually gonna release a green one...:p but now...you just bumped a year old thread :p

btw...there is a main site to MW even tho it seems like people don't really care for it :p people bookmark the forums and forget about the main site :lol: good thing i never did that...i always check out the main page for any updates :D damn...i just sounded a lil like a brown-noser :lol::lol::lol:

Haha :lol: . If Yamato dosen't produce it, then I'll have someone create it ;) .