Yammie Koenig Monster proto Rumor

warrhead

Graham,

Don't you live in Repulse Bay or was it Stanley already? and you need a bigger house? :o

Oh I get it... The Monster WILL be coming out in 1/48 scale... Thanks for the "tip". ;):D:p:lol:

Folks, just move along, there is nothing to see... No that is not a VB6 in Graham's garage... :rolleyes:

When I say the feet in that pic are from some ugly samurai looking robot I MEAN the feet are of some ugly fricken samurai robot!!!!! : :angry: Sheesh! Does my word mean nothing anymore?

For all you unbelievers, here's the full page pic from Hobby Japan. The reason I didn't scan the whole page originally, is because nothing else on it is Macross related and this is still Macrossworld, at least last time I checked! <_<

hmm... I see a FSS MH on the lower right.... far more exciting IMHO... damn, I need to get myself a copy of Hobby Japan...

yup, that confims, Grahams the type of guy that sees ya walking down the road and stops 50' in front of ya,,,,waits till you get close, takes off another 50' and says I WAS JUST KIDDING :p , you know the rest

sorry fanboys, you'll have to be content with the standard HWR.... I don't think the VB-6 is coming to Yamato any time soon, in fact... I'd bet the house on it.

You'd bet your house on it eh? Is it a nice house? Does it have a sea view or a swimming pool? How many bedrooms does it have? I'm looking to upgrade to a bigger house.

Graham

Sweet, we're all getting Yammie VB-6s and Graham's getting a new house.

So far, those are the only two existing transformable Koenig Monster, none of them avaliable to the public, right?

Well, they both look like ugly pieces of crap... And I want them so bad!!

OK, let's see now. I've been searching the Japanese webpages for this, but I can't find any info on it at all. I would have thought that if something had been physically present at a trade show that wouldn't be just a rumour, it would be an official statement.

But be aware also that it was not Matt who saw this, it was somebody else. Even if Matt does know his stuff, we are still relying on secon-, third-hand information here.

So I'm more inclined to believe, after having a couple of days to cool down, that this is still just the boring non-transforming Monster we're talking about.

As for Graham... The dude's pretty much just letting us know that Yamato haven't ruled out the idea. And there's where my main hope lies. "Lies" as in "rests", yes? Not as in... Oh, god, never mind. <_<

i don't like that it transforms into a human. what the hell is the point? there is no one to fight that is that big.

the jet mode is cool though, a good way to relocate long distances.

its too.. "something" but i don't know what. its like that mac7 macross having fingers... its just.. silly.

AND I KNOW ITS A TV SHOW WITH GIANT TRANSFORMING ROBOTS and its unrealisitc in nature. but come on... there is a level of realism macross (tv and dyrl) always shot for.

A VB-6 would be a true holy-grail item from Yamato. Never mind recasting the IHP if one's truly on the way.

But first

they need to release

THE YF-19

OK, let's see now.  I've been searching the Japanese webpages for this, but I can't find any info on it at all.  I would have thought that if something had been physically present at a trade show that wouldn't be just a rumour, it would be an official statement. 

But be aware also that it was not Matt who saw this, it was somebody else.  Even if Matt does know his stuff, we are still relying on secon-, third-hand information here.

So I'm more inclined to believe, after having a couple of days to cool down, that this is still just the boring non-transforming Monster we're talking about.

Please refer to my previous post.... :D

Welp,

Matt cleared up my confusion with this reply:

me --  "Is it possible that this was actually the Yamato 1/60 Monster rather than the Koenig Variable?"

M.A. -- He's knowledgable enough to know the difference, for one thing. But at any rate, I don't think there's any way to confuse the enormous 1:60 Monster for a "normal-sized" three-stage transforming toy. (I wouldn't have posted the news otherwise!)

Of course, this was then followed by a "hope it shows" post ...... anyone recall those 1/60 Fast Pack sets?!?  :rolleyes:  :p

I'm looking at the pic of the IHP kit now... never noticed how much battroid mode looks like one of those baddies from Gundam.  Can't remember what they're called... begins with "Z".

Dunno, but he's got a SUMO head....

mrc-f20-silver.jpg

sorry fanboys, you'll have to be content with the standard HWR.... I don't think the VB-6 is coming to Yamato any time soon, in fact... I'd bet the house on it. To be any kind of scale worth owning, this thing would have to be HUGE. Make it transformable and add any level of detail or realism to it? You're talking AT LEAST $500, if not more.

Any sort of scale worth owning it would have to be HUGE?

No, not at all. To be at the same scale as any of the valk releases, it would have to be huge... but I don't see any reason in the world it should be. The variable monster could be 1/144th and still be a great, affordable, transforming toy.

You folks have to get over this whole scale thing. This is about making good and playable toys, not creating a world at a scale you like. With this kind of anti-logic, we'll never see any SDF-1 or other large scale mecha.

As long as the toy is right size in your hands, what does the rest matter?

:blink:  D'oh!  Sorry FM!  In my defense though, looks like SHE's was only a prototype while IHP's kit was produced and available for sale at a Wonderfest event... ;)    :p

Heheh, no problem Melissa, it's cool :D

Any sort of scale worth owning it would have to be HUGE?

No, not at all. To be at the same scale as any of the valk releases, it would have to be huge... but I don't see any reason in the world it should be. The variable monster could be 1/144th and still be a great, affordable, transforming toy.

You folks have to get over this whole scale thing. This is about making good and playable toys, not creating a world at a scale you like. With this kind of anti-logic, we'll never see any SDF-1 or other large scale mecha.

As long as the toy is right size in your hands, what does the rest matter?

Those are my thoughts exactly, all I want is the coolest/biggest/best toys/models of my favourite mecha designs. Scales and maufacturers aren't important to me, it's all about who does the subject matter the most justice. B))

FM

Edited by Fort Max

At least now there's some hope for me.

I was *VERY* tempted to get on the list for the IHP recast the guys from the model board are working on, but I have no experience whatsoever with model kits. The odds of me screwing everything up are just way too high. Cleaning, sanding, painting, assembling... Meh. I really think you model guys are gods sometimes, but if I'm paying $250 for a toy, It has to come ready out of the box for me to play with.

So far, those are the only two existing transformable Koenig Monster, none of them avaliable to the public, right?

Not quite... I believe there are 4 different Koenig resin kits out there. That's not counting the toy that (may or may not be) in the works. Its not my place to confirm it so I'll say no more on the topic but I'd hold off making any bets that involve houses.

Anyways of the 4 kits I'm aware of 3 never made it past the protype stage and non of them were made by Studio Half Eye. There was a contest to make this kit some time ago. The contest was sponsered by Studio Half Eye and Yellow Sub. The winning kit was to be a joint release kit between the two. That contest was never finished and the joint release kit never happened. I.H.P was the maker of one of the kits in that contest. And I've seen the name of the other two entries. I'll do some digging and see if I can find them but Studio HalfEye did NOT enter his own contest. By the way... those 3 kits were at 1:144 scale. When the contest fell apart only I.H.P kept working on his kit. At some point he decided that 1:144 scale wasn't big enough for him to make the kit that he wanted to make so he moved up to 1:100 scale and started over. That kit HAS been made available to the public at a Wonder Fest. Atleast 8 kits were sold and 2 of those have made it to Yahoo Japan and already been resold.

I'll post some pictures of the three 1:144 scale kits if I can find them.

Carl

Studio HalfEye DID display the three 1:144 scale kits at the summer 2000 Wonder Fest.

Here is a picture taken by our own Noel aka Black Aces

studio_half_eye_display.jpg

Look at the top row. You might have even been allowed to vote at the event for which of the 3 kits you thought was the best.

Carl

I'm looking at the pic of the IHP kit now... never noticed how much battroid mode looks like one of those baddies from Gundam. Can't remember what they're called... begins with "Z".

I'm thinking Gelgoog or Zaku...which is scary because I really don't know anything about Gundam. It must be seeping into my mind via osmosis.

By the way... I've done all the digging I can do now. I started here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/_updates_menu_002.htm

Go to the 08-24-00 update. See the mention of the "upcoming 1/144 Konig Monster". It was Dengeki Hobby that ran several articles (like 3 or 4 maybe 5) on this contest. The first several show pictures of the kits as they are being built. The last had pictures of all the modes of all three kits along with the names of their makers. The other 2 aside from I.H.P I had never heard of before. And I'm sure at one point in time Shawn had these pictures up in the Magazine section here at Macross World. It looks like he's taken them down as I can't find them now. If anyone has a complete collection of the 1999 and 2000 Dengeki Hobby magazine they should have all the pictures I'm talking about.

Carl

I'm looking at the pic of the IHP kit now... never noticed how much battroid mode looks like one of those baddies from Gundam.  Can't remember what they're called... begins with "Z".

I'm thinking Gelgoog or Zaku...which is scary because I really don't know anything about Gundam. It must be seeping into my mind via osmosis.

That tends to happen.... I know all these names of some of the robots, and I know nada about the show that they were in.

For what it's worth, the previous pic I posted was from ∀ Gundam.

The Konig definately has his head. Here's a Zaku and Gelgoog for reference....(pics from MAHQ)

MS-06J ZAKU II..........................................MS-14A GELGOOG

Zaku_Gelgoog.jpg

BTW, has anyone dare mention the "pt" words, yet? :unsure:

You know........PERFECT TRANSFORMATION!!!! w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

Gotta figure a PERFECT TRANSORMATION vs. PLUG & PLAY will get this thread as least another 1/2 dozen pages of debating!!!icon8.gif

:p:p:p

i guess pefect transformation is cool but to me its of MUCH more importance on a valk than a destroid. if you really want to see the heat build up, mention perfect transformation and 1/55 vs 1/60 thread from 3 years back LOL. People think we are tense now, they aint seen NOTHIN! Hell people started flaming graham for his chunky monkey review as well! we were WAY more tense back then!