VFEX has new kicks

Oh I didnt lower my car that much for a reason. MY B&M short shifter bangs against my exhaust piping. So I lowered the pipes a bit to clear the shifter. But in doing so my car scrapes even easier now. so I had to raise ti up a bit. It is still lower than stock but not too much. They are 15"

your car looks like its supposed to be a sleeper, i think these wheels lend themselves very well to that idea. also, if you want to go faster, you can't have those huge wheels with rubber bands attached to them, go to any drag race and you'll find that out quick. cool car nick

• 5 weeks later...

i've never understood the hood pins on an import. did you take the stock latch out? if not, then doesn't that just add weight? be-it not much. but still.

car looks good though, don't listen to people about lowering it. lowered cars look fine sitting still or on a race track, but look pretty silly bouncing down the road on a surface street. i'd keep it where you got it.

just remember, the hella dope rims won't help you stop :-)

post-26-1082847927_thumb.jpg

i've never understood the hood pins on an import. did you take the stock latch out? if not, then doesn't that just add weight? be-it not much. but still.

car looks good though, don't listen to people about lowering it. lowered cars look fine sitting still or on a race track, but look pretty silly bouncing down the road on a surface street. i'd keep it where you got it.

Carbon Fiber hoods are flexible. With a normal, center mounted, latch, the corners of the hood will bend up at speed, and possibly damage the car, the latch, or the hood. The pins help to prevent this problem.

Anyway, these are some pretty nice rims. I really need to get some for my S14, cause I'm running on steelies. I'm thinking of some Gram Lights 57Cs.

i've never understood the hood pins on an import.  did you take the stock latch out?  if not, then doesn't that just add weight? be-it not much.  but still.

car looks good though, don't listen to people about lowering it. lowered cars look fine sitting still or on a race track, but look pretty silly bouncing down the road on a surface street.  i'd keep it where you got it.

Carbon Fiber hoods are flexible. With a normal, center mounted, latch, the corners of the hood will bend up at speed, and possibly damage the car, the latch, or the hood. The pins help to prevent this problem.

Anyway, these are some pretty nice rims. I really need to get some for my S14, cause I'm running on steelies. I'm thinking of some Gram Lights 57Cs.

Well the corners dont really 'bend' but the hood is light weight. so at some what higher speeds i.e 60 mph+ the hood can vibrate violently. and some time the CF hoods arent made very well so that the 'd' ring center latch can break off and teh hood will flip back and crash onto the window. (has happened to some people)

wow, a blast from the past!! I remember wanting to get those 5Zigen div 3 rims for the longest time, until I saw them on every other civic! :lol: So I instead I bought some sparco rims. Ahhh the good ol days of lowered cars and rims. I remember a time when my cousin and I wanted to start up a macross racing crew. My old car wasn't fixed up yet, but his was so he customized a sticker for his car and drove around with it on for like a month. He then asked me when I was going to put my set on, but I was reluctant only because I felt a little embaressed on how it looked and how there's only two of us. :lol: If I get paid more, I'll probably fix up my civic SI. Funny how people with fixed up cars rev up when their next to me. I mean come on, my car ain't fixed up. It's all stock. I guess it's the SI engine they want to go up against. :p:D:lol:

Edited by BoBe-Patt

Funny how people with fixed up cars rev up when their next to me. I mean come on, my car ain't fixed up. It's all stock. I guess it's the SI engine they want to go up against. :p:D:lol:

YEah but my experience is that the motor aint all that if the driver sucks. I raced a somewhat tuned SI and spanked it in my SOHC EX with only the cheapest of adjustable shocks and coilovers. (obviously cornering not straights)

OK, here's a dumb question, but it's something that's always bothered me.

Why are the carbon fibre hoods NEVER painted to match the car? Is it just to say "Hey, look at me! I've got a carbon fibre hood?"

I know. I want to paint it body color so people dont know I have one haha sleeper!!!

What makes this car a sleeper?

I mean, it looks pretty obvious to me...so what's under the hood to back it up?

I think what Scud means is that IF he were to race with the Hood Painted like the rest of the Car people wouldnt know he had a CF hood so thats an advantage for him.. lighter hood less weight faster runs etc :ph34r:

What makes this car a sleeper?

I mean, it looks pretty obvious to me...so what's under the hood to back it up?

Oh I never said my car was a sleeper. haha I jsut want it to be. Right now it is weak. D16 power baby!!!!! haha SOHC all the way. This underpowered car has kept up with subpar drivers in better cars. My suspension (that I installed myself) seems to work pretty well and my driving skills are not too shabby either. So maybe not a sleeper but an underdog definately. :D

Hehe.

I am keeping my 98 GC8 Impreza pretty much sleeper.

Just adding some rims and a good exhaust but other than that it wont look "riced" out.

I got a pic of it this weekend on my way up to lake Patagonia.

I will post it soon.

Yeah! Nice rims man, I like the look you've got going.

I got alot of stuff I'm doing with Akane, she got lowered recently (Tein S-Techs and then I had to get KYB AGX struts because one of my stock ones were blown after 25k miles :blink: ) and I'm getting a body kit soon. Plus lots of other stuff.

I got a car show this weekend, I'll try to get some picts of her bling bling :D

Wait, that kinda sounded wrong. :blink::unsure:

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

Yeah! Nice rims man, I like the look you've got going.

I got alot of stuff I'm doing with Akane, she got lowered recently (Tein S-Techs and then I had to get KYB AGX struts because one of my stock ones were blown after 25k miles :blink: ) and I'm getting a body kit soon. Plus lots of other stuff.

I got a car show this weekend, I'll try to get some picts of her bling bling :D

Wait, that kinda sounded wrong. :blink::unsure:

Vostok 7

Yeah I got KYB AGXs too. Do you like them? THey work ok for the price. How much were yours? (my friend has a WRX too thats why)

oh check out his ride. I helped to install a lot of the crap in it. (Up and down pipes, front swaybar, clear corners that blink, eibach lowering springs, and blacked out head lights)

My friend's WRX

Yeah I got KYB AGXs too. Do you like them? THey work ok for the price. How much were yours? (my friend has a WRX too thats why)

oh check out his ride. I helped to install a lot of the crap in it. (Up and down pipes, front swaybar, clear corners that blink, eibach lowering springs, and blacked out head lights)

My friend's WRX

I like 'em alot, really nice and stiff. Cost me $500... be sure to tell him to get them from Gruppe-S if he does. They have the best price. I might get new springs down the road since the S-Techs are too light and I still get some bodyroll, but I probably won't do that until next year so I don't have to align again.

That's a nice ride... How'd get get his Alpine in the top DIN? I have the same radio and I couldn't (without modification). It's a sweet stereo though!! I skipped the blackout route on the lights and just got EDM Projectors... Wouldn't have it any other way, they look so badass.

Check out my slightly out of date mod list...

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.p...1747#post161747

Vostok 7

Hehe.

I am keeping my 98 GC8 Impreza pretty much sleeper.

Just adding some rims and a good exhaust but other than that it wont look "riced" out.

I got a pic of it this weekend on my way up to lake Patagonia.

I will post it soon.

cool! i didnt know the milkman drives a suby!...LOL sorry ive been MIA from this board a long time! vetran since 2000! anyhow you guys have nice rides, commander i like your s14, and hey what a surprise its vostok! heh...

check mine out (iw sa actually chekcing to see if my uploads worked, and then i found this thread...)...

post-25-1082926883.gif

more... http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...opic=7551&st=0&

cool! i didnt know the milkman drives a suby!...LOL sorry ive been MIA from this board a long time! vetran since 2000! anyhow you guys have nice rides, commander i like your s14, and hey what a surprise its vostok! heh...

check mine out (iw sa actually chekcing to see if my uploads worked, and then i found this thread...)...

more... http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...opic=7551&st=0&

When did you get the '04 man! I knew you were over on NASIOC but I didn't know you had a REX!

Vostok 7