VFEX has new kicks

I'll bet that pickup left some awfully suprised streetracers in the dust

oh yeah, I followed a formula that my buddy built his motor too and his was 435HP. now that its out, im replacing the cam with a comp roller and some head work(magnum cam in it now) and juicing it with a 100hp shot of nitrous. it went great, but from a dead dig it spun the tires too much (5 speed/kevlar clutch) i want to be at about 600HP with nitrous. Im going to move everything to the bed (including fuel cell) to get more traction,

Heres what went to the junk yard

post-26-1083294175_thumb.jpg

What really makes the difference is cornering... I can take a corner at 90 where it would send a vette flipping over.

The common misconception of the Corvette.

The current Z06 will outperform an e46 M3 in any measure of performance. It's not your typical American muscle car in that it only goes fast in a straight line, it's an awesome car that gets dissed because of the bad reputation of American cars. I'm not saying the M3 is a bad car, it's an awsome car... but don't under estimate the current Corvette because it doesn't have the snobby branding of a European sports car manufacturer.

Don't know about the Z06, but my Dad has a regular 2000 C6 Vette, he and I have raced, on the straight, and in curves we have switched cars also so we could get a feel for the other... He spend many years working for GM Defense labs, TRW, and Jet Propulsion Labs (JPL), so he was and is extreemly partial to American engineering.

After getting his vette, his only comment was that the M3 is superior in EVERY way, he was really dissapointed.

On the day were were racing each other and we switched cars, I couldn't believe how much of a crap box the vette was... The thing cornered like a school bus.

your STOCK *E36* M3 smoking all those rides left and right on straights? Man that's hard to believe. Must be horrible drivers....

your STOCK *E36* M3 smoking all those rides left and right on straights? Man that's hard to believe. Must be horrible drivers....

I believe he said it was an e46 M3. Which is no slouch of a car, and can take out soem lower level Porsches andmaybe a regular Corvette, but it's not exactly a supercar.

I thought he said it was a 99' M3, the e46 version came out in 2000.

Edited by StealthLurker

I believe he said it was an e46 M3. Which is no slouch of a car, and can take out soem lower level Porsches andmaybe a regular Corvette, but it's not exactly a supercar.

I thought he said it was a 99' M3, the e46 version came out in 2000.

Just double checked with my BMW-guru friend, the e46 M3s came out in 2001. So yeah, a '99 would be a e36. My bad. :(

What really makes the difference is cornering... I can take a corner at 90 where it would send a vette flipping over.

The common misconception of the Corvette.

The current Z06 will outperform an e46 M3 in any measure of performance. It's not your typical American muscle car in that it only goes fast in a straight line, it's an awesome car that gets dissed because of the bad reputation of American cars. I'm not saying the M3 is a bad car, it's an awsome car... but don't under estimate the current Corvette because it doesn't have the snobby branding of a European sports car manufacturer.

Don't know about the Z06, but my Dad has a regular 2000 C6 Vette, he and I have raced, on the straight, and in curves we have switched cars also so we could get a feel for the other... He spend many years working for GM Defense labs, TRW, and Jet Propulsion Labs (JPL), so he was and is extreemly partial to American engineering.

After getting his vette, his only comment was that the M3 is superior in EVERY way, he was really dissapointed.

On the day were were racing each other and we switched cars, I couldn't believe how much of a crap box the vette was... The thing cornered like a school bus.

I can't really explain it either. The thing is stupid fast though. I think a great deal of guys that buy really bad ass cars haven't a clue how to drive them.

Nick, like the car man... Anyways, I had a 93 Honda Accord Ex the had the cold air, headers, exhaust, and Brembo brakes. Even with just those few mods, that car kicked major A$$, especially on the freeway. A race where speed isn't everything.

Well, what ended up happening is I ended up smacking the rear end of a 59 Rolls, and I had to lose my car because the insurance wouldn't cover all the damage for such an expensive and rare car. To make maters worse, the car's driver was a personal injury attorney who had his own practice.

Last year I bought a Matrix Xrs, and will trade it in for an 04 Evo when they are out in July. I'm not in need to mod this much, but I will probably chip this since I have the EVO VII chip in my possession. Then I think I'll go with the intercooler and Cold Air again. I don't care much for the muffler upgrade, but we'll see. I like to keep the mods under the hood, where you can't really see them.

Just the chip will change that car from the 271 HP to a whopping 317. I'm looking to make mince meat out of some guy who thinks he's mario andretti in his Nissan 350Z. I think I'll have fun though with the STi's though.

It's a monster of a car. Especially once I get the EVO VII chip in there. I love the fact that it already has the Brembos, the inverted shocks, and the more sophisticated all wheel drive set-up than the WRX. That's why I decided to go with it. Honestly, I'm going with the blue color and may debate having some Max Sterling graphics done on it. It all depends on money and if I really want the hassle.

Nick, like the car man... Anyways, I had a 93 Honda Accord Ex the had the cold air, headers, exhaust, and Brembo brakes. Even with just those few mods, that car kicked major A$$, especially on the freeway. A race where speed isn't everything.

Well, what ended up happening is I ended up smacking the rear end of a 59 Rolls, and I had to lose my car because the insurance wouldn't cover all the damage for such an expensive and rare car. To make maters worse, the car's driver was a personal injury attorney who had his own practice.

Last year I bought a Matrix Xrs, and will trade it in for an 04 Evo when they are out in July. I'm not in need to mod this much, but I will probably chip this since I have the EVO VII chip in my possession. Then I think I'll go with the intercooler and Cold Air again. I don't care much for the muffler upgrade, but we'll see. I like to keep the mods under the hood, where you can't really see them.

Just the chip will change that car from the 271 HP to a whopping 317. I'm looking to make mince meat out of some guy who thinks he's mario andretti in his Nissan 350Z. I think I'll have fun though with the STi's though.

Muffler-wise, I'd reccommend the RS*R Ex-Mag. You get the performance advantages of an exhaust system, but with an exhaust that is quiet and looks almost stock.

my tiburon has pretty nice suspension acctually, i wonder how it stacks up against the rest. 

(i know its a honda, but the suspension feels really tight, i love takeing corners in it.)

Since when is a Tiburon a honda? :blink:

Vostok 7

:D oups

• 3 weeks later...

I think Who was faster on a certain day often has little to do with whose car has better handling. I haven,'t heard anybody mentioning the values of cutting the perfect apex,definately not early apexers,...I hate early apexers truth is if you miss the apex you might as well be driving a mini van as missing the apex will add more lateral acceleration (g loading in corner) at any given speed than the difference of "cornering ability" of cars available for road use. If you want the ultimate geological location for twisties,look no further than south west British Columbia, wide highways, low population density, and often virtualy no chance of a speeding ticket. For us everybody drives fast and road handling is taught, we moan to see a tourist in front our cars (out of province plates) or lower mainland cars. In my comute to work (1 hour 15 min.) I consider it a failure to ever leave my lane, miss an apex or not be comfortably at the limit of adhesion for my tires,willfully modulated by my right foot. If anybody reading has ever been to canada's Long Beach near Tofino you'll know what I'm talking about.......Interesting thread real nice cars guys, didn't expect this on MW!

• 1 month later...
nice RX7! :)

does it cost a lot to keep it on the road? Guess I can't afford one if I have to ask. :p

You have no idea... :ph34r:

I haven't had too many problems, just leaky radiator pipes. When it's running at optimum levels, it's one hell of a fun ride.