The most you spent on your hobby

APU

I think my most expensive single purchase for a toy is $325. It was for a limited edition Saint Seiya collectors box of the Gold Saints that was released for a toy show in Japan a few years ago.

Most expensive Yamato was the VF-1J with FPs...a close second would be how much I paid for that TRU CF vf-1a...which is also in the book of the most stupidest purchases. =P

The most expensive toy I ever bought was a 3,000$ supercharger for my car. That was STUPID! Fun but stupid. The most expensive Macross Item I have is The Gold Book Closely followed by the super VF1J.

My stupidest macross purchase was paying full price for a Toynami Rick VF-1J.

My most expensive "single" piece of Yamato goodness was probably the first one. I picked up Hikaru's 1:48 VF-1A for $115 (plus shipping), I know that seems like quite a deal (considering that Yammies are pretty expensive right now) but it wasn't. :blink:

My most expensive yamato is VF-1J DX set,

around $135 USD

and the most expensive toy....

is my macintosh 7100AV

$3729 USD at 10years ago.....

now this mac is being my monitor stand.... :(

What would you value your customs at. Hobby supplies aren't cheap. Plus the time you put into them.

For someone who didn't have the supplies it'd probably cost 200-300$ dollars to do customs like that.

Probably my 800 USD Laserdisc player.... bought for my anime sickness...

As far as Macross goes, my Macross Gold Book or the Macross DVD set from AnimEigo... they wound up being about the same at around 260 USD.

Toys, then it has to be my 1:48 VF-1J w/Fast packs.... 180 USD.

These are all single purchases, though... overall value is probably my CD collection, with my Warhammer stuff and Anime DVDs close to tied for next...

The most expensive toy I ever bought was a 3,000$ supercharger for my car.

:D Actually, at some point, the whole car becomes an expensive toy. I think my most expensive toys are my 1/48 Yamato's, followed by the $100 I paid for a Bandai VF-19s, back in 1995.

My most expensive toy was an HK PSG-1 airsoft rifle - which I later sold since I really had no use for it. I established a mental block regarding the exact price, but I think it was something around $700. I've spent more on computers and cameras, but I don't count those as toys since they have a practical use.

My most expensive Macross purchase was $175 for the 1/48 Hikaru VF-1A. I really wanted the toy and didn't mind what I paid. To this day I have no regrets about it.

I just recently got back into this Macross Toy thing. So, in the last month or so, I've spent:

3 Bandai 1/55's: $170

1 Yamato 1/60: $60

1 Yamato 1/48 w/armour: $200

1 Toynami 1/55 w/armour: $120

Macross DVDs: $60

All from valkyrie-exchange.com :D

So, in the last month, about $600 total. *sigh*... I plan on buying a couple of more 1/48's and an Alpha (MPC)... then, hopefull I'll call it quits. Who knows?

Most expensive toy I've ever bought would be my Yamaha YBL-613G Independent-valve bass trombone, (weighing in at $3500), it's my livelyhood, but it's also my toy ;) (Her name is "Emily")

Most expensive "toy" toy purchase would have to have been $350 for a plain VE-1 Elintseeker (I later sold it for $800 after I got some armor for it)

Most expensive Yamato Purchase would have to be my new Hikaru VF-1S 1/48 that I got from V-exchange... right around $150 after shipping, and I love it!

Edited by Skull Leader

For someone who didn't have the supplies it'd probably cost 200-300$ dollars to do customs like that.

What kind of customs?

All my modifications to my models were done with tools which, together, cost about 50 bucks.

Of course, that's not counting the airbrush and compressor, since it's not crucial to just customs work but to modelling in general.

Most expensive toy I've ever bought? GFF Ex-S Gundam TFA colors at 33 bucks, thanks to Valkyrie-Exchange.

Yes, I realize that's nothing compared to most of you guys, but I don't think I can stress enough how I'm not interested in toys.

Models are something else altogether, and I paid 150 dollars for a PG Gundam, and another 40 for the custom set so my Gundam can wield twin bazookas. Compared to many, though, that's but a drop in the bucket, since there are Gundam resins that sell for as much as 1700 dollars.

Most expensive single toy purchase - 1/48 VF-1J w/ FP ... $170

Most expensive single hobby/night job purchase - Warwick Thumb Bass $1695

Most expensive fun purchase - Creative Nomad Zen 30GB mp3 player - $299

Love 'em all. No regrets. ;)

Most expensive single purchases:

1. $130 shipped for a 1/48 Ror VF-1S add in FP's = $185 for my most expensive item.

2. $97 or so shipped for MP Optimus Prime

3. $95 shipped for a MG Sazabi

4. $90 for a 1/72 VF-19A

5. $80-something for a PG Eva-Unit 01 (which I don't even have on display anymore)

Not bad by comparison, but I do routinely spend 100-200 a month easily on DVD's. Every month. Anime is an expensive damn habit.

My most overcharged purchase is $60 for a HG 1/100 Tallgeese III years ago. I didn't know any better at the time. Then I found HLJ. I felt quite dumb after finding out how much I overpaid for it.

Edited by Anubis

Most expensive Macross Item was the 1st Yamato 1/48 VF-1A (Current exchange

rates now favor the € and makes the VF-1j w/Fastpacks cheaper)

-edit: I did order 6 FP-sets at the same time, which was my largest purchase together

but FP's per set aren't that expensive

Most expensive toy:

Rieju Rs2 Matrix - Moped 50cc, basic €3000,- excluding insurance, locks, repairs <_<

(yes it's transportation, but bought it for fun,... I'm old enough to ride real motorcycles :p )

2nd: Jackson USA RR1 Randy Rhoads, Snakeskin Finish f5500,- (€2500) in 2001

Edited by Nightbat®

Mine were $675 for a MIB Transformers Fortress Maximus, over $200 for a low vis VF-1A, too much for a Mcfarlane prototype Tortured Soul, $300 for a Canadian Pepsie promotion Optimes Prime, $300+ for my Movie edition Prime, and lots more on my other Transformers.

My most expensive toy the Mospeada 21 Armor Rider the Big guy = $130, the best steal I exchange the Takara MPC for a 1/48 Low Viz, this guy assume that the Optimus MPC was more popular that the Low Viz, I couldn't disagree, and the worst buy, $55 for a small Mospeada bike Bartley

Well I realize I spend too much on toyz when I realize I ran out of book case for my books.

Dancouga (New big one) - ~$200

1/48 Yamato Low viz - $208

1/48 1J + FP - $165

1/48 1S + FP - ~$160

1/48 1A + FP ~$160

~and more macross stuff all Yamato (too many to list, I only list the best of)

My proudest is still my FFS(Five Star Stories) items

I have one of the rare Knight of GOld 1/144 (Action figure, all pre-paint and moveable) (only 5000 were produce) and more :)

But my most expensive toy is my Yamaha guita, cost me a fortune

But the sound is worth every penny.

well here's my 2 cen

Leo,