Would you guys buy a Yamato Orguss Orgroid?

fifbeat

...I believe this little guy made a cameo in Macross! :D

I've never seen the series (is it good?), but I always loved the Takatoku toy. I always thought it looked beefier and more anime-like (much like the Yamato's of today) than the Takatoku VFs. Even the Nikick (or whatever the thing was called) was pretty sweet.

Do you guys think Yamato will ever bring these back from the dead? Hell, even if Bandai re-issued these, just like the VFs, I think that would be just as good.

Now these, I'd pay $120 for. :D

P.S. How is the series? I'm really thinking about picking them up from vf-exchange.com.

...I believe this little guy made a cameo in Macross! :D

I've never seen the series (is it good?), but I always loved the Takatoku toy. I always thought it looked beefier and more anime-like (much like the Yamato's of today) than the Takatoku VFs. Even the Nikick (or whatever the thing was called) was pretty sweet.

Do you guys think Yamato will ever bring these back from the dead? Hell, even if Bandai re-issued these, just like the VFs, I think that would be just as good.

Now these, I'd pay $120 for.  :D

P.S. How is the series? I'm really thinking about picking them up from vf-exchange.com.

depends on the scale. it is only 6.7 meters high. compared to a vf 1a whichis 12.68

Edited by Ali Sama

Are you serious? Explain.

Holy. Anyone have screen shots? I need to see this to believe. I know I saw an Orgroid/Orgoid.

I know I did.

that's no really a Orgroid

I capture it down before,

can see have a big different with the orgroid

these things look more like a VF-1A wearing a

ORGROID LOOK'S GBP-1 ARMOR~~ :)

Are you serious? Explain.

Holy. Anyone have screen shots? I need to see this to believe. I know I saw an Orgroid/Orgoid.

I know I did.

It's sort of a hybrid mech.

Let me rummage the pics out.

A pic of the mech

It's still got some notable VF-1 features, like the head and hips.

Screen shot, but a bad one. You can see the VF-1A head laser, though.

Edited by JB0

I'm a fan of Orguss, so if Yamato or any other Japanese toy manufacturer made a decent transforming toy, I probably buy it.

Heck, I'd be happy if somebody just reissued the old Takatoku toys as I missed them the first time around and I'm not willing to pay ebay prices for the old toys :D

Graham

i like orguss a lot but heh, not a lot of people would buy it.

its a mix n match of an orgoid and vf-1a. i beleive robotechies dubbed it a jotun and thats the name that its commonly referred to here.

baraphanges (sic) made a nice model version with some scratchbuilt parts.

a feasible toy custom. but hrm, the transformation would need a little tinkering.

I'm a fan of Orguss, so if Yamato or any other Japanese toy manufacturer made a decent transforming toy, I probably buy it.

Heck, I'd be happy if somebody just reissued the old Takatoku toys as I missed them the first time around and I'm not willing to pay ebay prices for the old toys  :D

Graham

Same here... I'd actually be happier about a re-release than a new sculpt, actually. Orguss is an old mecha show and old mecha toys just seem... appropriate.

I suppose that wishing for Bandai to release something like that is even further fetched than hoping they release more Macross toys. I wasn't even aware such a thing was possible. :lol:

Does Bandai even own the Orguss molds?

As for the Orguss/VF-1 kitbash... I'm sure Toynami will pick up on it and call it YF-1Q or something stupid like that. They're always desperate for new ways to milk animation errors from SDF Macross.

Edited by Blaine23

I anyone made a quality transforming robot, like the Orgroid, we would buy it. But there is no way Yamato is going to make an Orguss toy and sell it under the Macross name. That would be like Harmony Gold taking Macross designs and selling them under a different name. Oops, maybe that wasn't a good example. ;)

That drawing looks nothing like what is seen in the SD Macross series...................

Did they use a polaroid camera to snap the shot then scan it? Was the source a VHS tape? In that pic you can't see a thing. Here is a better one..........

post-4-1078337004_thumb.jpg

Edited by Myriad

Oops wrong one, but both are cool

Ah Damn these are hard to get hold of !!

The 1/60th seem to be going for a lot more these days than even just a year or so ago.

So yes I would love a re-release or remake

The drawing is scanned from one of the art books, but I'm drawing a blank on exactly which book. Probably Perfect Memory.

I saw it attributed to Perfect Memory elsewhere.

And thanks to Myriad for the better screenshot.

Edited by JB0

I've been surfing ebay for YEARS trying to get one of the 1/40's. But they are far too expensive. So yup, I'd buy it if someone made it.

Myriad,

Do you know if the DVDs that valkyrie-exchange.com are any good quality-wise? And, what about Orguss II?

Thanks.

The Quality of the DVD's is OK it's just the subtitles that need work. They are manegable, just a little distracting.

I wouldn't mind seeing an Orguss 2 toy as opposed to the original orgroid.

Edited by scand

Myriad,

Do you know if the DVDs that valkyrie-exchange.com are any good quality-wise? And, what about Orguss II?

Thanks.

Just like has been said above about SD Orguss. Orguss 2 has been officially released in Region 1. If you reside in Region 1, I would get it over the bootleg. It runs around 20$. Not bad for a professionally done DVD. The one at Valk Exchange is a boot......

Get the official version. It will be a better quality for the same price.

Those are nice, clear shots.... where did you get those photos?
hey now, where did you get those beautiful pictures?

They're from ToyBoxDX....click on the MANY boxes next to your desired mech and enjoy....

Orguss Data Page

also check the TAKATOKU II Data File Page for some more jaw-dropping pics!!!

I love my Orgroid, hell, I love all of my Orguss stuff... I keep My Nickick and Orgroid next to my 1/48 Fokker with the Academy RX-178 mk II in the Background; even though the Orguss Mecha are 1/40, and the Gundam is around 1/42 they're close enough for my tastes scale-wise...

Edited by warrhead