Macross Cosplay

Commander McBride

2nd you tube link is simply adorable :wub:

If you like that, she did it a lot better at the Cherry Blossom festival. The intro was so spot on, I thought it was a recording of Megumi. Shame that I don't know of a video recording.

I knew that Nyan Nyan would find a way online. Good to see I wasn't the only one messing up. The second take went better. No SMS song video?

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

• 2 weeks later...
Meet the Lanzas, members of our very forum, parents of Miriya Lanza, who cosplayed Ranka and sang Aimo at the last Macross Con, if I'm not mistaken.

Those aren't the Lanzas. Valkyrie22 and Razorx on this site are not those people. I've seen those people on the youtube site at AX 2005. Pretty good cosplays.

Those aren't the Lanzas. Valkyrie22 and Razorx on this site are not those people. I've seen those people on the youtube site at AX 2005. Pretty good cosplays.

Excuse me if I'm mistaken, but Max looked a lot like Joe. I didn't pay too much attention to Milia, but even at second glance, it still looks like them.

Refer to the sig if you know for fact I'm wrong.

Excuse me if I'm mistaken, but Max looked a lot like Joe. I didn't pay too much attention to Milia, but even at second glance, it still looks like them.

Refer to the sig if you know for fact I'm wrong.

LOL, I'll refer to the sig ;) Are you sure you've seen Joe before? Joe's tan complexion, shaved head, and his wife is tan complexion, philipino decent. Ah well, no biggie. Don't worry bout it.

I did have a question for those who visit this thread, I'm working on a DYRL flight suit, and wanted to know if anyone can post up some good lineart (also in color if available). I'm gonna work on the chest and backpack, as well as the forearm and leg pieces very shortely, and need some good reference pics. What sucks is that out of all the pics I have saved, I can't seem to find good pics of it. Any character will do. I want a costume to go with the Yamato helmets I've ordered. Thanks in advance.

That was one thing that really got me. I had planned to by those ADV Macross DVDs cause they were better quality than the Animeigo DVDs, but when I heard the english dubbed version, I was appauled. Roy sounds like a gay trucker, Hikaru sounds like a blonde haired white boy (like Vic), and Mari butchered english, even though she's been here for how long? Misa was fine, but everytime they Muh-Cross, it was like nails on a chalkboard.

I'd like to see the other Max or Roy cosplay uniforms, send those in, someone.

makes me not want to buy the complete set.

This is kind of second hand information cause this came from my friend (who is a lesbian) but during a convention Vic was spouting off on his new interest in religion and mind you, this was during the time when Gay Marriage was really becoming an issue. He said a little to much stating that homosexuality is wrong, it should be shunned etc etc.

Well a lot of people were horribly offended (...you'd think Yaoi and Yuri was kind of an isolated thing. But lets face it, it's not to fangirls) and they bitched about it too Convention staff members.

Word got around very quickly and Vic from what I understood never apologized for the incident, and when he goes to conventions he's been told to steer clear from such comments or he'll be banned from going to them per staff member decisions.

Well during Kumori con last year I was with my friend and her girlfriend along with a few of her friends etc etc, and there was a rumor going around that Vic might show up for the con. However it appears his presence if true was not going to be allowed inside.

Oregon is a very liberal state, we were one of the first to approve gay marriage (and then I think it got revoked cause it wasn't put to a state wide vote) So when people offend the minority, you get shafted pretty quickly. Hence why our Portland Mayor is still in office after admiting sexual relations with a minor and being homosexual.

In either case, it just makes me dislike him even more, plus, his voice is VERY annoying to me. I tend to tune him out when I'm watching FMA, Megazone etc...he is just so squeeky and annoying.

lol I'm always told I got a better Hikaru voice than Vic. I hope he sees that and fears me if I ever meet him.

Understandable. he kinda did the same thing at a con I went to. He dodged a question using Religion. ANd friend still thinks he is a good VA.

EDIT:

the question was " if you could voice any character who would it be?"

@SchizophrenicMC

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

makes me not want to buy the complete set.

I'd say, if you can't find the Animeigo versions, the ADV are good for the Subbed versions, and do the job. I bought them simply for the purpose of listening to them in Japanese. At least they were gracious enough to do that.

Understandable. he kinda did the same thing at a con I went to. He dodged a question using Religion. ANd friend still thinks he is a good VA.

EDIT:

the question was " if you could voice any character who would it be?"

@SchizophrenicMC

DEAR GOD, NO! NOT VIC!

I don't like that guy too much. He does a good Ed Elric, but...

HE RUINED HIKARU!

Everyone knows the best Hikaru is Hikuro.

Nobody's got any pics of DYRL flight suits? I've been debating what suit I should do, Max, Hikaru, or Roy? In anycase, any pics would help tremendously. I have on order a Nomex flight suit, and will be getting the materials to make the hard parts soon.

what! cant you watch DYRL there?

anyway im still looking for my own pictures, please wait !

Those are good, but lineart is better. At least that way, I can stare at a pic and replicate it. DVD is a little tricky trying to find good segments of the movie, angles, light, detail, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be at Anime Expo thursday and friday, and hopefully will find plenty of Macross cosplay to show when I can. I'll be taking lots of pics of all kinds of cosplay, but usually people don't cosplay as Macross characters too much. I'll be on the lookout.

I will be at Anime Expo thursday and friday, and hopefully will find plenty of Macross cosplay to show when I can. I'll be taking lots of pics of all kinds of cosplay, but usually people don't cosplay as Macross characters too much. I'll be on the lookout.

Tell ya what Jasonc, As long as there are cute girls in costumes and your camera has fresh batteries in it, take all the pictures you can!!

3rd year now I have not been able to go to the Anime Expo.... :(

I'm trying to go to AnimeFest this fall. Problem is there are like 6 Macross fans in all of Texas. ¬¬

No promises about it, but...

And I feel for you, 505th. I couldn't go to A-Kon this year because my friends who were going didn't give me their number so I could call them to confirm I could go. Ihatethisstupidfilter.

Just wanted to say I saw some Macross Frontier cosplay at Anime Expo today. 2 Rankas, 3 Sheryls and a Klan Klang. I would have taken pictures but my camera sucks :( Still, thats 600% more Macross costumes from the last 2 years.

I'm hoping that there will be some more for the Masquerade, I'll borrow a friend's camera and see what I can come up with.

I don't recall seeing any last year (although I was only there at the weekend).

Actually, come to think of it, I remember seeing a sweet VF-1S at Long Beach the year before at the Masquerade. It was able to convert to Gerwalk and had lights in the barrel of the Gunpod. I went ape-s#*t!