Macross Cosplay

Commander McBride

Well, she does Sheryl proud. I do have to say unfortunately, I haven't seen a cute "American" Sheryl yet. Most cosplayer woman are usually a little on the extra chunky side. Most anime characters have that size 0 to size 6 body at most. Stupid Fast food nation. This year, I'll have a camera for anime expo.

You going to Comicon? If my girlfriend has her way you're going to see one helluva norte americano Sheryl with a size 0 body with c/d cups. Sorry, I'm trying to convince her not to but she keeps hinting that I may not have a choice.

How dare he or she. Why I should give him or her a piece of my mind or Penius.

Someone likes family guy!!! :lol:

If the Girl above Cosplaying Sheryl were to do a Grace impression, I think David would fall over in Love!! :p

Edited by 505thAirborne

And, here's my own cosplay, made from an actual costume designer. This is made ot of the same fabric (jacket) that is from the Marin A-class fatigues. Anyways, without further ado, here it is.

Cosplay001-1.jpg

Cosplay002.jpg

Last one

Cosplay006.jpg

It's pretty intricate, it's zippered inside, all pockets are functional, and it's designed to wear. The only thing is that the jacket is thick, and tight (not tight fitting). I guess that kinda fits the feel of military dress jackets. Movement is a little restrictive, but that's the way it is. As far as setting me back, I think it was about $800 or so. Again, it's not cut and paste material, althought the boots need some touch up work. Anyways, I may display it at MWcon 09 as well.

Man, now I'm both motivated and reluctant to post my Max uniform. Especially since all the photos I have are it incomplete. It's got a very long and sordid construction history involving sewing mishaps and communication breakdowns. I once attended an event with the collar merely pinned in place. The collar alone was a nightmare, involving a two week long redesign and still puckers a bit. I joke that it's at version 3.5 at least right now (vs. Mike's v1 Hikaru which preceeded all, and Dom's v2.25 Roy)I still don't get how my friend's Roy, which has the original version 2 collar, came out so well. It's straight cut for crying out loud. It's probably the materials involved.

Nice one though. Easily the best I've seen outside of my own. Can we get a back shot. I'm curious to see how your collar fared. I see that it's lined in red and the top bar was made into a pocket. I still would like to at least line the sleeves of mine. We lined the Roy (hence the .25) and it really helped in getting the arms in.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Very nice Jasonc :) It looks like a first rate officer's jacket and not like a lot of the cheap costumes that swirl around. It's obvious lots of work went into that and yeah - it's the kind of thing you could actually wear :)

Excellent :)

Pete

I wish we took a picture but when I was 10 years old I was almost Captain Global for Halloween. We had an old jacket of similar cut. We added red piping. Went to the beach and bought a Captain's hat. Growing a mustache was taking too long. Found a Ninja uniform in China town and was a Ninja instead. Should have combined both costumes.

Now is time for my Cosplayers are a bunch of Flaming Drag Queens Theory

Hear me out now. I think it is fun to dress up like your favorite character and walk around a convention. Nothing is wrong with that as long as you look good. What gets me is that Cosplay Showcase. When the Cosplayers get on stage, show off their costumes, perform a skit or lip sing a song. What do Drag Queens do? They get on stage, show off their costumes, perform a skit or lip sing a song. It is the same thing. The Cosplay show is a Drag Queen Show. Only difference is that one group tends to have thinner "females."

I think I have extra pics of the outfit somewhere on another computer that is put away. If I can get those images out, I'll see if I can get the one of the back. As far as material for the shirt underneath, it's a stretchy typs fabri. Also, the neck part of it is like a collar that connects at the top, then buttons at the base of the line around the sternum. The suit probably needs to head to a dry cleaner, but it's held up well. Probably also needs a little bit of sowing, but not too much.

As far as my wife as Misa, she wore it once just to see what it would look like, but it didn't really fit her. She has a much smaller body than the costume designer made. I guess a taylor could fit the skirt or take it in. I have a couple pics, but she didn't want them put up, so I have to respect her decision. Also, since she frequents this site, it would be bad if she saw them here (in her opinion), but I think she looks fine in it.

Mercurial, you should post up pics. I'd like to see what youve put together. Also, it's your work. I don't have any sewing skills, or costume making skills at all, so to see something you made would be cool.

You could always PM the pics of your wife to others that you trust and gauge their reaction, she might be open to that. If she gets enough positive comments she might then allow you to post them openly.

You could always PM the pics of your wife to others that you trust and gauge their reaction, she might be open to that. If she gets enough positive comments she might then allow you to post them openly.

Translation: Hey send me a picture of your wife in a sexy fetish costume please.

:lol:

Tom probably doesn't want his pic put up on here, but what would be cool is if I could find the pics of when VA Vic Mignona was trying on the jacket (ADV's VA for Hikaru of the english dub of Macross) I'd like to work on an Isamu Dyson flight suit, that would just be too awesome. Are there any Macross Plus cosplay pics around?

It's pretty intricate, it's zippered inside, all pockets are functional, and it's designed to wear. The only thing is that the jacket is thick, and tight (not tight fitting). I guess that kinda fits the feel of military dress jackets. Movement is a little restrictive, but that's the way it is. As far as setting me back, I think it was about $800 or so. Again, it's not cut and paste material, althought the boots need some touch up work. Anyways, I may display it at MWcon 09 as well.

$800?? No wonder it looks accurate and way better than any other suit i've seen.

Tom probably doesn't want his pic put up on here, but what would be cool is if I could find the pics of when VA Vic Mignona was trying on the jacket (ADV's VA for Hikaru of the english dub of Macross) I'd like to work on an Isamu Dyson flight suit, that would just be too awesome. Are there any Macross Plus cosplay pics around?

Yea I have Vic's pic

post-5333-1239456323_thumb.jpg

post-5333-1239456364_thumb.jpg

Edited by Darrtallion

*twitch twitch* god I hate vic, he's such an overused jerkoff. He offended a lot of my friends a while back and it got him banned from the convention after he was found out. Tell ya what, never push around vengful lesbians 0_o they will strike back.

*twitch twitch* god I hate vic, he's such an overused jerkoff. He offended a lot of my friends a while back and it got him banned from the convention after he was found out. Tell ya what, never push around vengful lesbians 0_o they will strike back.

Oh, do tell!!!

Yes, please, Hikuro, Do tell!

This may give me another excuse to kick his ass. (You know, aside from bastardizing Hikaru.)

That was one thing that really got me. I had planned to by those ADV Macross DVDs cause they were better quality than the Animeigo DVDs, but when I heard the english dubbed version, I was appauled. Roy sounds like a gay trucker, Hikaru sounds like a blonde haired white boy (like Vic), and Mari butchered english, even though she's been here for how long? Misa was fine, but everytime they Muh-Cross, it was like nails on a chalkboard.

I'd like to see the other Max or Roy cosplay uniforms, send those in, someone.

Yes, please, Hikuro, Do tell!

This may give me another excuse to kick his ass. (You know, aside from bastardizing Hikaru.)

Oh, do tell!!!

This is kind of second hand information cause this came from my friend (who is a lesbian) but during a convention Vic was spouting off on his new interest in religion and mind you, this was during the time when Gay Marriage was really becoming an issue. He said a little to much stating that homosexuality is wrong, it should be shunned etc etc.

Well a lot of people were horribly offended (...you'd think Yaoi and Yuri was kind of an isolated thing. But lets face it, it's not to fangirls) and they bitched about it too Convention staff members.

Word got around very quickly and Vic from what I understood never apologized for the incident, and when he goes to conventions he's been told to steer clear from such comments or he'll be banned from going to them per staff member decisions.

Well during Kumori con last year I was with my friend and her girlfriend along with a few of her friends etc etc, and there was a rumor going around that Vic might show up for the con. However it appears his presence if true was not going to be allowed inside.

Oregon is a very liberal state, we were one of the first to approve gay marriage (and then I think it got revoked cause it wasn't put to a state wide vote) So when people offend the minority, you get shafted pretty quickly. Hence why our Portland Mayor is still in office after admiting sexual relations with a minor and being homosexual.

In either case, it just makes me dislike him even more, plus, his voice is VERY annoying to me. I tend to tune him out when I'm watching FMA, Megazone etc...he is just so squeeky and annoying.

lol I'm always told I got a better Hikaru voice than Vic. I hope he sees that and fears me if I ever meet him.

This is kind of second hand information cause this came from my friend (who is a lesbian) but during a convention Vic was spouting off on his new interest in religion and mind you, this was during the time when Gay Marriage was really becoming an issue. He said a little to much stating that homosexuality is wrong, it should be shunned etc etc.

Well a lot of people were horribly offended (...you'd think Yaoi and Yuri was kind of an isolated thing. But lets face it, it's not to fangirls) and they bitched about it too Convention staff members.

Word got around very quickly and Vic from what I understood never apologized for the incident, and when he goes to conventions he's been told to steer clear from such comments or he'll be banned from going to them per staff member decisions.

Well during Kumori con last year I was with my friend and her girlfriend along with a few of her friends etc etc, and there was a rumor going around that Vic might show up for the con. However it appears his presence if true was not going to be allowed inside.

Oregon is a very liberal state, we were one of the first to approve gay marriage (and then I think it got revoked cause it wasn't put to a state wide vote) So when people offend the minority, you get shafted pretty quickly. Hence why our Portland Mayor is still in office after admiting sexual relations with a minor and being homosexual.

In either case, it just makes me dislike him even more, plus, his voice is VERY annoying to me. I tend to tune him out when I'm watching FMA, Megazone etc...he is just so squeeky and annoying.

lol I'm always told I got a better Hikaru voice than Vic. I hope he sees that and fears me if I ever meet him.

Don't worry. Even though I'm not for homosexuality, I'll kick his ass for your friends.

And you're TOTALLY right, dude. You've got a WAY better Hikaru voice than Vic.

He is, however, the only guy I've ever heard of who's capable of voicing young teenagers. (IE 13>)

Going off voice work alone, he was very good in FMA, and good in Full metal Panic, but most of the other stuff does sound the same. He's kinda used a bit too much. Hikuro, I'll help round up a posse.

Translation: Hey send me a picture of your wife in a sexy fetish costume please.

:lol:

I go away for one short easter break weekend, and what happens? This thread descends into drag queens, homosexuals and pleas for members to show off their wives and girlfriends in fetish costumes :)

Speaking of which. My girlfriend recently surprised me with a beautiful white dress (not for me, but for HER) which is uncannily similar to the one Ranka has on when she is recognized after the premiere of the Birdman in episode 10 of MF :) She asked me to buy her some "cowgirl shoes" to go with it (again like the ones Ranka wears).

Moral?

Show your girlfriend some anime pics and they will get the picture :) especially if they see that the stuff our anime girls wear actually makes great fashion sense :)

Pete