Q-Rau

g3173

Seriously, would the Zentradi have bothered with excessive markings.  There are no lettering/details on the Q-rau anyway outside of the regular paint job in the movie anyway

In general isn't the same true for all of the mecha in the movie.

Why whouldn't the Zentradi have markings on their mechs? Don't they need unit numbers or some way to organize their millions of troops? Don't they need markings for the non-automated maintenance (there is always going to be some)?

OK, yeah I guess they would have used some. But nothing they have shown to make canon DYRL stickers.

BTW, that pic is quite funny.  Like she's falling out the engine.

Actually, it looked to me like the mecha had pooped out a Millia. :lol:

Or maybe that was just my impression based on his disappointment with the Q-Rau.

I was trying to word Milia's position PC. :lol:

Reminds me of FLCL ep. 2.

Seriously though, the paint job and detail look wonderful. I want to see many more pics.

Edited by Anubis

Oh, and here I thought it was gonna be some big problem like I dunno...

Miria doesn't fit in the damn thing and you have to file down her sides or something.

Or that Miria has a bulge in her suit... :lol:

It's not like I was expecting a lot of posability. I'm happy with how it looks! The only thing depressing for me is that I'm gonna have to wait till the CMs Macross Figures series 2 comes out in April, to recieve my Q-rau I pre-ordered, since I choose to have the stuff ship together... :( (I'm impatient but getting butt-raped on shipping and most likely by French Customs twice I'm not willing to do).

Can you place some comparsion pics? And what about the joints? Are they thight enough?

I'm still getting one sometime. But now it seems like a big pile of plastic to me. The standing issue of the Millia figure is a big dissapointment an so the lack of detail. The feet for instance, could look a lot better with a slight paint wash. :(

Eine Minuten Bitte...

I thought the Millia fig was supposed to split in two halves or something and the upper portion would insert into the armor to give her the "in cockpit" look.

That Millia fig looks solid.

I think it is an accurate full length cockpit.

It seems like a lot of people are disappointed when they found out both the toy and the Millia figure that came with it isn't possable. What if somebody did a recast of the Millia figure? That's probably impossible to do. You have to figure out the scale of the figure, come up with joints so it can be posed, etc., again impossible. This is just a suggestion. Nonetheless, I'm still gonna buy it though. It's as if I was expecting it to be possable, which I'm not.

I think the body shape is very good, very great

but the problem is the join design.

I don't see any point that show the designer have working on the joint design

for example, the knees joint ,

why don't add a rotate joint on the knees like the 1/48 valks?

I don't think this will take alot of cost on this

and other one is the foot base joint,

actually, there have space to make this joint move much more

but they even don't think about it

the last , also the foot base, have a joint that can fold the foot,

but totally useless with this joint, no suitable / meaning posture can do by this joint , because the foot base still can't fold backward with this.....

if the price can drop half is much more resonable ,

and I will have no complain anymore~ :p

Hopefully Yamato will take this into account for future releases, and give us better joints.

Obviously, they didn't give Graham a Pre-Prod sample of this one, I'm sure the G man wouldn't have let them slide on something so big.

I mean, really, for a figure as top heavy as this appears to be, you have to have better poseability in the legs and especially the ankles, or it's just going to topple over.

Still, waiting for the G man's review before I pass judgement.

I never expected this figure to be anything but a relatively stiff statue done in accurate paint and detail in 1/60 size to match my 1/60 VF-1's. If I had the skills, I would purchase and build accurate models instead.

As long as it can stand on its own, I'm happy, as I only want this as a display piece along side my valks. Face it, all the Yamato products are basically expensive display pieces.

Like all of you guys, I think the $120 price tag is unwarranted. $80 USD - SHIPPED - is THE MAX that should be charged for something the lacks much articulation. There are many toy/models out there that are much more detailed (The deluxe mcfarlane spawn figures for example) that are dirt cheap compared to the q rau.

But, I do think it's a must have. Even if a green one were to come out later, you still need a meltran Millia Qrau. Personally, with the amount of VF -1's chillin out in my display, it's about time they get some action. I'm going to get me all the enemy mechs to be released! :D

and Graham! PUT THE REVIEW UP PLEASE! :D

Hello Everyone,

You've got to remember that this is the first run on the Q-Rau or any enemey mech from Yamato. Like all of Yamato's releases, you will see some ridiculous prices until the market becomes flooded with Q-Rau. Then you will most likely see prices drop.

I would suggest that if you are not in a hurry to get your hands on her, to wait! Chances are she'll drop in value and you'll probably be able to snag one on Ebay for 50-70 bucks. Just look at past products from Yamato and how high prices were set and how quickly they dropped! I remember buying a Hikaru 1/60 for like $90 when they first came out, now you can pick 1 up for almost half that!

If you want to be the first to oOh and Aghh over the Q-Rau then buy it! But if you're on a budget, then just wait. Unless it's a limited release like the Low Viz, which I don't recall seeing ;)

As Macross fans we're definitely spoiled! I remember back in the days when everyone was fighting and scratching for 1/55 strike cannon's for their 1/55 customs. We don't want to diss Yamato for attempting to meet the demands of fans as passionate as us! They can very well turn their backs on us like Bandai and say, "Screw it!" I say support their company by buying their products. I'm sure at the ends they'll make the proper adjustments to make us all HAPPY!!! :)

My 2cents!

Gene B))

i dunno, guys.

this one's looking more and more like a $50 toy/model instead of a $100+ toy/model.

I agree.

Do you guys think the price will drop? Does this happen?

Only sales. I forsee it selling out before that happens though.

We could easily insert a 1/48 cost argument here. This thing easily has as much plastic as a 1/48 VF-1, transformation argument aside (this thing will still weigh more).

This thing is huge, and is very nicely detailed. Yeah, 115 is a lot, but I only want one anyway. This thing will stand out on my shelf.

Edited by Anubis

Found this link from an old Twin Moons post for a size comparison.

It appears to have been adjusted by MW member ewilen. :D

(BTW, I like the ability to "click and drag" them around the chart...nice touch!!)

Size Comparisons

Thanks...most of the work was done by Jeff Russel...to whom I'm also grateful for permission to use his images and layout. (He did the "paper doll trick", not me.) I just resized the mecha, tossed out the non-Macross stuff, did a little relabelling, and drew the Zentradi...need to clean him up a bit one of these days.

There's a bit of ambiguity about the measuring points for calculating scale, so there's a different version at http://www.sonic.net/~ewilen/Macross/scale...izes/index.html

Also, Jeff's original is here--using still different size data.

Well I can't say that I'm surprised about the balance issue. Just look at how top-heavy the Rau is! But the lack of articulation is a disappointment. Maybe I'll look for one on clearance.

Which reminds me, it's nearly time to go hunting for the FAST pack VF-11! :lol:

The price is steep, but if you can find it on Ebay or something like that, go for it. I got two from a friend and paid $160 total shipped. I may have to customize one if I don't here about the cf version soon. Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I don't understand what some of you expect. So far it seems to be everything I expected - big, expensive, and not much else. It's not like it transforms or does anything special. Because of it's size and weight, I never expected it to be very poseable either. It's hard enough getting some of the smaller scale toys to stand up straight. I suppose it does suck that they didn't put more effort into the pilot.

However, I will give Yamato some credit. Who else would make such a toy? Q-Rau fans should just suck it up and pay the price. The high price might be reflective of a low production and low-expectations.