Yamato 1/100 VF-0S Photos

Graham

Nice packaging type on the Queadlunn Rau

Not too impress with the VF-0 sculpt, but hey, maybe the final product will look different.

I am very impressed with Hasegawa's SV-51 kit. Like all the other MW'ers, I might have to pick this kit up and see it closely myself :)

Battroid on the VF0 is sweet. Plane is mad fugly. Something about the nose area looks squashed. Maybe they forgot to swap the correct nose back into place. -_-

The SV-51 however, is looking as beautiful as usual.

Bonus points for Hasegawa, minus points for Yamato.

From the pics what really caught my attention is the SUPER HUGLY Legs conectors to the NOSE of the plane, a bit out of all proportion.

Generally speaking the planes looks very very nice, I wonder how solid this things will be.  Hope better than a 1/60, taking in consideration there is NO DIECAST and NO ABS... just cheap PVC injection.

Sebastian, I have mentioned before that the toys will feature some ABS, they are not all PVC.

Also, Yamato told me that the leg connnectors are being made smaller (they know they look ugly). Also, the shoulder armor will be elongated as at the moment it is too short. Remember this is not the final sculpt.

BTW, I've just updated the magazine section with scans of the new Hobby Japan (6 pages) and the Dengeki Hobby (4 pages). I've also updated the custom gallery section. Check out the update section.

Graham

Thanks for the pics Graham! You've slowly convinced me that this VF-0 toy isn't all that bad. Once they've implented the necessary changes to perfect it's appearance, and posted the final prototype sculp, then maybe, just maybe I might purchase the toy.

Btw, they did a good job with the packaging of the Q-Rau! I'll certainly buy one or two of those.

Battroid on the VF0 is sweet. Plane is mad fugly. Something about the nose area looks squashed. Maybe they forgot to swap the correct nose back into place.

Yeah! I noticed that too! They'll probably fix that for sure.

The SV-51 however, is looking as beautiful as usual.

Indeed!

Edited by Angel's Fury

Jeezzz people...

No wonder Yamato is so iffy on releasing proto photos. ;)

You guys have to take into account that this is a prototype. I mean, if anything, seeing what some of the model makers here can do (like master WM cheng) with pieces of plastic, we should at least criticize constructively.

For a 1/100 figure I think it looks AWESOME. Personally, I'm a huge fan of the Macross 0 series and I'd say it does it justice given the small size. And the landing gear aint THAT bad...

Overall, I think it's great. I'm preordering one when it's available. I just hope they introduce more of these babies, like shin's 0.

Again, Graham, you rock! The recent abundance of updates make me happy! :lol:

Jeezzz people...

No wonder Yamato is so iffy on releasing proto photos.  ;) 

You guys have to take into account that this is a prototype.

Hmm, but if you look at the MW section on toys, and all the other pictures everywhere, the prototype is almost 99% the finished toy. Don't expect the finished product to look that much different.

Now that I look at it, if they're going with part swap, they should make a bigger head too.

*editedit: Too Yamato's credit, that's a much nicer shade of blue than they have shown previously for Max's 1J.

Edited by imode

The Q-rau indeed looks nice. How much does it cost for those who have pre-ordered? MmMMm....shiny....

Abit off topic, but the M&Ms on the magazine scan has black canopies! w00ts!! But the ones shown in the Wonder Festival 2004 thread still have their red/blue canopies respectively. So...what color are the canopies gonna be?

The Q-rau indeed looks nice. How much does it cost for those who have pre-ordered? MmMMm....shiny....

Abit off topic, but the M&Ms on the magazine scan has black canopies! w00ts!! But the ones shown in the Wonder Festival 2004 thread still have their red/blue canopies respectively. So...what color are the canopies gonna be?

Check with Kevin. I think it was $115 w/ s&p. To be sure like I said, check with Kevin at the macross dealer announcements part of the forum.

Jeezzz people...

No wonder Yamato is so iffy on releasing proto photos.   

You guys have to take into account that this is a prototype. 

Hmm, but if you look at the MW section on toys, and all the other pictures everywhere, the prototype is almost 99% the finished toy. Don't expect the finished product to look that much different.

Now that I look at it, if they're going with part swap, they should make a bigger head too.

*editedit: Too Yamato's credit, that's a much nicer shade of blue than they have shown previously for Max's 1J

Other than the front landing gear and actually painting it, that'll be close to the final sculpt.

Edited by Angel's Fury

AHH!! Every time i see new photos of the M&M 1/48's, the Q-rau, and the 1/100 VF-0, I want them more and more. But alas, too many macross items in a short period of time, barely enough for one during the entire time period... Owell, maybe there will still be Q-raus left when I have enough to buy one.

Thanks Graham! Those pictures are awesome! I really am looking forward to the Yamato 1/100 VF-0S!!

I think the sculpt is very nice and I am eagerly anticipating this toy release! I cant wait to see Yamato's SV-51 and VF-0D!

The pictures of the SV-51 model is very nice....Too bad I suck at modelling...I really like the looks of that model and the toy sculpt.

Graham, any ETA on the arrival of this toy? I am really looking forward to its release. Thanks for posting the pics....keep them coming.

Larry

I'm aware that the prototype we see here is pretty close to the final. And... IMHO, I think it looks more than decent. :D Add to that some paint and a nice pimpin box, I think it'll look great.

You gotta be REALLY picky to be saying this rendition of the vf-0 is "ugly." It's not perfect, but I think they did well considering the size (and target price group) they had to work with. :)

you just dun like it because it's not 1/48! :lol: true, no?

Peace. no beef.

B))

You gotta be REALLY picky to be saying this rendition of the vf-0 is "ugly." It's not perfect, but I think they did well considering the size (and target price group) they had to work with. :)

you just dun like it because it's not 1/48! :lol: true, no?

Peace. no beef.

B))

No. The cockpit in plane mode reminds me off the 1/72 YF-21's proportions where it was "snubbed" giving it a shorter cockpit in planemode but looking decent in battroid.

Landing gear really is hideous though.

If they make something perfect transformable, then I can overlook the proportion mistakes and such. If you're going to have swappable parts, the thing should look good in all modes.

Maybe its just me, but i'm so not feeling the VF-0S. <_< It just doesn't look right in B. mode, its more legs than body, etc. I had high hopes for the VF-0 toy too, since i really dig the VF-0. Hopefully the production model will look better and maybe i need to see it in color for a better perspective on it.

Is it just me or do the missile launchers on the legs of the 1:60 Millia Q-Rau look like they are swapable pieces, where the closed disk is one and the open exposing the missiles is another? It would make sense if they were, otherwise the knee joint would be way too big and spherical, looks good to me though. I also agree that the Max VF-1J looks better in the darker blue, man they need to make it even darker though, a midnight blue valk, that would be cool. Ok that's just wishful thinking on my part, but I want a midnight blue VF-1D in 1:48, that would the ultimate for me. As for the VF-0, hey's a prototype and subject to major changes, I'm sure the production version will be much better, and since they are making it smaller and of less expensive materials it should be easier on all our pocket books. I just hope they make the chest place a little bigger, seems small to me in battroid mode.

Jeezzz people...

No wonder Yamato is so iffy on releasing proto photos. ;)

You guys have to take into account that this is a prototype. I mean, if anything, seeing what some of the model makers here can do (like master WM cheng) with pieces of plastic, we should at least criticize constructively.

For a 1/100 figure I think it looks AWESOME. Personally, I'm a huge fan of the Macross 0 series and I'd say it does it justice given the small size. And the landing gear aint THAT bad...

Overall, I think it's great. I'm preordering one when it's available. I just hope they introduce more of these babies, like shin's 0.

Again, Graham, you rock! The recent abundance of updates make me happy! :lol:

True to some degree. However, I just found little to be excited about. Comparing it to model makers doesn't make any sense to me. A good model maker can't do that much with a bad looking model without modifications. Now the VF-0s does not look that bad but it's not looking all that great to me either.

Ya knwo out of all yamatos toys this is the cheapest and mos affordable and from the start was made to be simple. If it was 1.48 scale I would definitely be complaining about how ugly it is. I think it loooks decent again i was not expecting much and the landing gear on mine will most liely be off most of the time. I wish we could have fully painted pics with the missles and FAst packs attacched. NOw that would probably change some minds but like I said, its not a 1.48 scale toy so again i was not expecting perfection.

And I do agree however..if its swap transformation I would expect good proportions too.

Hmm.....the Phoenix IS ugly! :o

Phoenix?

Wrong thread? :blink:

nope , he´s right.

The VF-0 is called VF-0 Phoenix , it was named that way since M0 was first announced.

Actually, I'm not sure the name Phoenix is official.

Yes, it was mentioned very early on, on the Compendium IIRC.

However, the name has not been published anywhere else since AFAIK, and even the Compendium no longer uses the name Phoenix.

Graham

The chest and arm sculpt on the VF-0 look really nice to me. It’s the leg sculpt that bother me. It's already been mentioned that the hip nubs, connecting the legs to the body, are oversized; I also think the hip joint connecting the upper intake and the lower legs are too prominent (you know the joint that makes gerwalk mode possible). The over prominence of this particular joint, I feel, is probably what reminds people the most of the banpresto. If this part were played down I think that would do a lot to improve the over all look of the toy.

For those complaining about the PVC content, while I have my reservations as well, don’t forget the 1/60th is also a mixed material toy, of ABS, PVC, and Diecast.

By the way. Did you guys saw the SIZE of that box? I mean the Q Rau?

It is gonna be BIG.

Hooooo the shipping cost. No way that can be considered a small package.

The good thing is I am in China, so no prob for me. hehehe B))

When you come down to HK, you can pick yours up! Snicker...

Another case of puny head same as that of the 1/60 scale.

Cheers

This bothered me a lot also. The scaling between it and the 3D model is off or looks to be.

Its good to hear the nosecone to leg joints will be revised but that little dinky zit of a head... I guess we can hope Yamato will fix that. The rest of the sculpt looks pretty good to me though.

Yamato, can I get my VF-0S with a side of SV-51 and yes, both Supersized (aka 1/48). Thanks.

I'm still guessing the bigger one will be 1/60. Will be in line with the VF-1's 1/48. 1/60 is usually what normally follows a 1/100 anyway.

If the legs are secure I will get one of the 1/100 0S's. A 0D when they do that as well.

Edited by Anubis