Toynami Voltron revealed

Prowlus

Yeeha... more toynami fodder to point and laugh at.

In the age where the 1/48 and MCPrime improve on already well made toys. Toynami manages to take them a step back.

And you wonder why BW tries so hard not to be associated with HG and Toynami... <_<

Give me my 80's Golion set anyday.

Wait they are going to be sold in 3 separate volumes.

I wonder how much this guy is going to cost, it better not be 80 bucks a volume...

the 4 combiner lions will be sold 2 in a box each and Keith's lion is gonna be single boxed . i guess $80 would probably be what toynami will ask for them. Anyone here got a approximation of its size?

Wait they are going to be sold in 3 separate volumes.

I wonder how much this guy is going to cost, it better not be 80 bucks a volume...

Look closer. That's one big box, not three individual ones.

that can be just a simulation of the combinned boxes look behind the artwork( thats one disturbing looking pidge) and you can see 3 individual boxes

Edited by Prowlus

LOL. I just took a look at the pics, the face kinda looks like the Ultimate Warrior. It also could use a bit of work in the detailing department, and I really hope this is a hard prototype. :blink:

I'm keepin my fingers crossed for a Vehicle Voltron.

WTF is that? That ain't no Voltron. Who did they hire over there at Toynami? A blurry visioned freak??? Man they sure do screw a lot of things up.

Ugh.... I'll stick to my Go-Lion original and Trendmasters re-issue thank you.

Jeebus, does Toynami have to label EVERYTHING they make as THE MASTERPIECE COLLECTION???

Let's hope they never start making $80 rolls of toilet paper.

They can label it whatever they want...but until they make a toy worthy of the name, they're just beggin for people with some good taste in toys to ridicule them.

hehe, Masterpiece Collection Toilet paper...rough on your butt, and even rougher on your wallet. :lol:

I'm sorry... not that impressed. Curious about how big it is, though... but it'd have to be 1/1 to make that sculpt and lack of detail worth 3 x $80.

Also... I wonder how much die-cast will be involved? Even if they put in all the "missing" diecast metal from their VF-1 toys, it still wouldn't come close to matching the original heft and potential murder weapon status.

I'll wait for the actual release and how much the MSRP will be before I bash Toynami and the toy.

The thighs look too skinny and the colors are bugging me... maybe it needs some chrome.

Well Toynami is known to make their money off incredibly ridiculously high margins on ridiculously cheaply manufactured toys.

They price-point their products very high for what they're worth. IE: If sold by any other toy manufacturer, the MP Veritech would only be a $20 toy at the most.

When I was a kid back in the early 80's I bought a huge package that had all the Voltron cats in die-cast and a giant slew of chrome weapons.

Do you think it's worth a whole lot nowadays?

Undoubtedly.

Pr'ly more so if it has the spring-loaded missile launchers. Later releases had the guns disabled due to stupid child safety regulations.

When I was a kid back in the early 80's I bought a huge package that had all the Voltron cats in die-cast and a giant slew of chrome weapons.

Do you think it's worth a whole lot nowadays?

ah, depending on who made it, I say. I have the Taiwanese knockoff from when I was a kid...chrome, diecast, spring loaded wpns...the works! doubt THAT's worth much...damn I should go take that out...it's still in damn goo condition!

:lol: Christ, you guys crack me up...If Voltron here were marked as Go Lion from Yamato or Bandai you would be all over it...praiseing it's sculpt as a great compromise between the combined robots form and individual lions all while throwing jabs at all previous Go Lion toys fugly lion forms (with out of proportion heads, legs, and bodies)

But here you have both the individual lion forms and a combined robot form that is a much, MUCH better proportional match to the animation then every previous Go Lion toy...something you lavish praise on Yamato for doing with thier 1/48 Valk...but you rip this toy to shreds simply because it comes from Toynami.

Of course none of you will ever admit such a bias :rolleyes:

"scrawny lions", "legs to thin", etc... - have you actually seen the anime? Good god, at least this black lion doesn't resemble some mutant overweight grizzly bear, unlike the previous toys :p

Uhm.. MSW, they *do* have a point.. the combined robot looks okay, but individual Lions look more like puppies than anything feline.. The individual Lion simply doesn't look good, but the combined robot is still okay.

Given what other high-quality toys there are out there, I believe it is actually possible to do something better than what is being offered.

:lol: Christ, you guys crack me up...If Voltron here were marked as Go Lion from Yamato or Bandai you would be all over it...praiseing it's sculpt as a great compromise between the combined robots form and individual lions all while throwing jabs at all previous Go Lion toys fugly lion forms (with out of proportion heads, legs, and bodies)

But here you have both the individual lion forms and a combined robot form that is a much, MUCH better proportional match to the animation then every previous Go Lion toy...something you lavish praise on Yamato for doing with thier 1/48 Valk...but you rip this toy to shreds simply because it comes from Toynami.

"scrawny lions", "legs to thin", etc... - have you actually seen the anime? Good god, at least this black lion doesn't resemble some mutant overweight grizzly bear, unlike the previous toys :p

That's alright. I don't like the 1/48 either!

Obviously your choosing to close your eyes. Were you here when the yamatos were just released? Everyone was tearing it apart. praise? I doubt it.