Yamato doing anything for DYRL 20th anniversary?

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Hey hey hey. Toynami out of the blue is celebrating the 20th anniversary of DYRl with new supersuckable repaints. Meh. Equal pass. Anyways. It dawned on me that this is the 10th anniversary of macross plus and also more importantly the 20th of DYRL. With that in mind. I was wondering. IS yamato doing anything for the 20th anniversary? With bandai doing perhaps, NOTHING, is yamato doing anything?> Surely this is a great way to cash in and introduce new products. the qrau is out soon and the 1/48s already have the majority of the DYRl paint schemes shown before...so at this point what could yamato give\? Perhaops special edition Fast pack 1/48 bundles? Who knows? coincidentally isnt it the anniversary for flashback 2012 as well? VF-4 anyone? If toynami is doing something I would trhink yamato has something planned too being that they got the license and all in japan.

I think Bandai could give Yamato a run for their money on accuracy... if they wanted to. And they'd produce in volume enough to beat them on price.

Looking at the Takara/Hasbro Optimus Prime, it's almost enough to wish they would at least try...

I would hate to think that a cheap knockoff company such as Toynami

would beat Yamato to the punch, but it just may happen. Although I will give them credit for offering a Kakizaki VF-1A, leaving out the Max VF-1A is a big mistake.

The "MACROSS: Do You Remember Love?" Series #1 includes

- VF-1S Roy Focker's "Skull Leader" Strike Battroid Valkyrie

- VF-1A Hikaru Ichijo's Super Battroid Valkyrie

- VF-1A Hayao Kakizaki's Super Battroid Valkyrie

post-4-1076497013_thumb.jpg

Edited by rdenham

A 1/48 elint seeker would be nice.

good point mentioned. bandai should get off their laurels

and produce new VF-1 s.

Question is, if they build it will anyone still buy it after investing a big chunk of their cash and emotional attachment on the 1/48s? I know I would, but I'm strictly in the minority who don't find the 1/48s all that great and want something better.

Rumor has it (just rumor, people) that Big West was hoping for a 'DX' valkyrie toy for the anniversary, and yamato made the 1/48's to prevent bandai from making such a toy. Bandai ain't dumb, I doubt they'd make an updated valk toy now, with the market so saturated. What could have been.. oh well, the 1/48's are damn fine toys as it is.

and.. my goodness, who is that girl in rdenham's little pic?!

Man, I'm just hoping and praying that bandai will just finally finish off their reissues, which would be the elintseeker, super O, GBP armor, strike valk, and maybe the GBP giftset as well. If they did that, oh man, no telling how many I'd buy of each!! :p:D:lol:

I would be willing to bet that they will package a Hikaru 1S with the Strike Packs, in a new box, and make it a DYRL special edition.

They would be stupid if they didn't considering that all they would have to do is design a different box.

EDIT - Those toynami valks look craptastic. Anyone who wastes their money on those pieces of crap deserves to have their nuts waxed.

Edited by Mechamaniac

I would be willing to bet that they will package a Hikaru 1S with the Strike Packs, in a new box, and make it a DYRL special edition.

They would be stupid if they didn't considering that all they would have to do is design a different box.

Hell, they could design a new box, paint a few places blue or green and whammo - instant Max and Kakizaki 1S toys.

One thing about DYRL toys... not alot of work to create variants. ;)

Personally, I just get all mushy thinking about the possibility of Bandai making more valks... would that it could be true. An announcement for reissue DYRL 1/55 Ostrich, Elint, and Strike would make my day, hell my year. An announcement of something new and DX would probably give me a stroke.

New bandai DX valkyrie? Where did you hear this? This is the frist I heard of it! Maybe bandai wanted a 1/48 scale but then yamato made it impossible with theri license for the 1/48 scale VF-1....so maybe they would do the nexct logical thing and make it 1/32? Where did you hear the rumor? is it from a credible source?

New bandai DX valkyrie? Where did you hear this? This is the frist I heard of it! Maybe bandai wanted a 1/48 scale but then yamato made it impossible with theri license for the 1/48 scale VF-1....so maybe they would do the nexct logical thing and make it 1/32? Where did you hear the rumor? is it from a credible source?

LOL, Shin. Calm down. It was just a hypothesis....

Hell, they could design a new box, paint a few places blue or green and whammo - instant Max and Kakizaki 1S toys.

One thing about DYRL toys... not alot of work to create variants. ;)

The funny thing is, thanks to your new avatar, I'm starting to read all of your posts in a Chris Rock voice. Those two lines work especially well.

Maybe the 1/60 Monster & the flight Helmets will be DYRL Anniversary items?

Maybe the new YF-19FP will be a Mac+ Anniversary item?

No, maybe the new YF-19FP, Nousjadeul-Ger & some collectable figurines (Myung, Guld, Isamu, Sharon Apple to name a few) from the movie/ova will be a Mac+ Anniversary item? ;)

One thing about DYRL toys... not alot of work to create variants.  ;)

The funny thing is, thanks to your new avatar, I'm starting to read all of your posts in a Chris Rock voice. Those two lines work especially well.

Crap... I knew this new av would reveal my secret identity!

Chris Rock the Macross fan... I wish... do you know how many valks I could buy with that guy's dough? :lol:

One thing about DYRL toys... not alot of work to create variants.  ;)

Crap... I knew this new av would reveal my secret identity!

Chris Rock the Macross fan... I wish... do you know how many valks I could buy with that guy's dough? :lol:

The question is not how many valks, the question is what scale...

with his money he could get a 1/1

The question is about whether something would sell. I doubt a repackaged 1/48 or such would sell all that great. We have already seen a ton of VF-1 valkyries from Yamato.

Bandai was having a hard time selling their reissues and I think they let their Macross license run out.

I remember Graham or someone saying that the Japanese don't place the same value on evenly numbered anniversaries that westerners do so it could be that they wont make anything special for DYRL's 20th.

And Blaine don't forget: "You can't hurt a ho with a belt...they like that crap."

I think the only economically yamato bundle would be a 1/48 grey focker with Fast packs and Yv hands and hikaru figure plus roy like graham suggested a while back and told yamato about. A 1/60 hikaru strike would be nice too. In fact an all new scale Vf-1 toy would be nice but I really doubt yamato woul do it....I find myself realizing that I would be more impressed by seeing bandai actually DO something toywise this year with macross rather than seeing yamato make another toy. But who knows yamato wants money and this is a good time to cash in.