The FanBoy 1/48 Bubble Bursting Thread

Draykov

Just to help keep FanBoy speculation and anti-FanBoy rebuttal traffic down, I figured I'd post this:

Chances of 1/48 two seaters are very slim.

Graham

1/48 Macross Plus....dream on fanboys  :p

Ain't gonna happen, no siree, no way.

Graham

Edited by Draykov

Well, there goes a good number of recent posters... At least it'll cut down on the long, rambling posts in the toys section...

-groan- :rolleyes:

Edit: Can we PLEASE pin this? lol

Edited by GreenGuy42

HAHAHA... It took you guys less than 15 mins. to turn this into another speculation thread... :p

EDIT: I majored in Engrish...

Oh and Draykov... that table cloth thing was hilarious....

Edited by >EXO<

Actually, it's about the same size as an F-14. That'd make it about 16 inches long, I think. Maybe a little less. Not that big really, in terms of models. Realistically speaking, it would make a nicely sized model, even if it was just in fighter mode (I prefer that to the other modes anyway). A Hasegawa 1/48th F-14 runs about $60 these days, I'm guessing something like this would probably sell for a little more just because of the name. If demand was high enough, I wouldn't put it past them to make one. Personally, I like the designs of the planes enough that I'd buy them, even if I had no idea what Macross was. Heck, I've done it before, that's how I got my first Valk. :)

Even if they never actually make a kit of it, I intend to do my best to find a way to make one, even if I have to digitally scan every piece of the model, scale them up, and reproduce them somehow. :p

Just in case anyone was wondering how big a YF-19 in 1/48 would be ......

Well, here is how big it would actually be....

Fighter mode:

Wingspan: 11.2 meters - 36.75 feet

Overall length: 15.51 meters - 50.89 feet

Overall height: 3.49 meters - 11.45 feet

Battroid mode:

Overall height: 12.92 meters - 42.4 feet

Converted to 1/48 scale

Fighter mode:

Wingspan: 9.19 inches

Overall length: 12.72 inches

Overall height: 2.86 inches

Battroid mode:

Overall height: 10.6 inches.

I'd say the chances of seeing anything other than VF-1's in 1/48 = slim.

Sad, but I know it to be true.

Aww that sucks, that means that almost this entire board is going to be whining about that everytime a new toy comes out.

Oh well, let em whine.

This place is a forum after all.

Fighter mode:

Battroid mode:

Converted to 1/48 scale

Fighter mode:

Battroid mode:

As much as I would like those to be the stats (as it would put an end to it's too big debate) they don't appear to be right.

Here's the stats from the Compendium

DIMENSIONS, EXTERNAL:

Fighter mode:

Wing span: fully extended forward 14.87 m [14.89 m]

Length overall: 18.62 m

Height overall: 3.94 m

Fighter mode:

Battroid mode:

Converted to 1/48 scale

Fighter mode:

Battroid mode:

As much as I would like those to be the stats (as it would put an end to it's too big debate) they don't appear to be right.

Here's the stats from the Compendium

DIMENSIONS, EXTERNAL:

Fighter mode:

Wing span: fully extended forward 14.87 m [14.89 m]

Length overall: 18.62 m

Height overall: 3.94 m

OK sorry, I got those dimensions off of MAHQ. I dont normally use the compendium since I find it nebulous and hard to navigate.

So, here they are revised.

15.25 Inches in Fighter mode

12 inch wing span

3.23 inches high.

Still not all that big IMO.

The only thing I am really disappointed about is that there won't be any 1:48 scale two seat VF-1s made. I was hoping for a good VF-1D, actually I was hoping that the low viz would have been a VF-1D instead of a VF-1A. Hey I loved the low Viz, but it would have lent itself perfectly to a VF-1D. Is the reason they are not making any 1:48 two seaters because of all the problems is with the 1:60s? If so, I'm sure they can figure something out, heck make it a limited edition special paint job. I know you must all think I'm crazy, I'd love to the Macross Plus VF's in 1:48 as well, but would the lack of at least 1:48 VF-1D seems very odd to me, as most of the toy is already built and only a relatively small redesign would be required. Guess I wil have to wait for a custom conversion kit. BTW sorry about the relatively long post, been on a writing streak lately and can't help it.

The only thing I am really disappointed about is that there won't be any 1:48 scale two seat VF-1s made. I was hoping for a good VF-1D, actually I was hoping that the low viz would have been a VF-1D instead of a VF-1A. Hey I loved the low Viz, but it would have lent itself perfectly to a VF-1D. Is the reason they are not making any 1:48 two seaters because of all the problems is with the 1:60s? If so, I'm sure they can figure something out, heck make it a limited edition special paint job. I know you must all think I'm crazy, I'd love to the Macross Plus VF's in 1:48 as well, but would the lack of at least 1:48 VF-1D seems very odd to me, as most of the toy is already built and only a relatively small redesign would be required. Guess I wil have to wait for a custom conversion kit. BTW sorry about the relatively long post, been on a writing streak lately and can't help it.

It's not absolute 100% never, mind you. Graham's words were (and I quote): "Chances of 1/48 two seaters are very slim."

Graham also said not to take his word like it was gold...

Today's market:

DOW 10,505.48 ^ 6.00

NASDAQ 2,066.21 ^ 3.06

S&P 500 1,136.03 ^ 0.77

The Word of Graham Parkes 25.64 v 1,000,000,000.36

Edited by Draykov