Your Most recent Macross Toy Purchase - 2024 Super Metal DX Hi-Metal Premium Revival Edition Re-issue

azrael

Max Factory Plamax 1/20 Lyn Minmay.

Skipped when they were on PO, and even the reissues. But finally picked an original issue up, to be built on retirement.

The new Basara & Mylene ones being previewed looks good though, & will likely get them.

2667339F-201D-49F8-B618-5433780467E2.jpeg.29d46091d121a24403c9165e20a4a6ea.jpeg

7 hours ago, shazam said:

Bandai Armor Plus EX-Gear (Alto Saotome Ver.)

MacrossEx1asm.jpg.c3bda31f45f19f3a12e92583c5de15ca.jpg

Love this. Quite some cool playability, and I like the idea of powered suit ever ready in hand when ejecting from cockpit.

4 hours ago, MKT said:

Love this. Quite some cool playability, and I like the idea of powered suit ever ready in hand when ejecting from cockpit.

This is a great little figure. The power suit looks great in pilot mode or worn for battle. 

48 minutes ago, arrow said:

I had that but sold it. quite annoyed that they did not do another character since I like having at least a pair

Yeah it is a shame they didn’t make more, at least an Ozma. Such a waste it being a one & done.

18 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

C1E16391-87C4-4126-860A-977AEA9C348B.jpeg.b0271bda1a2e0698a15814c6574da164.jpeg

DX YF-29 30th Memorial Color Version.

This valkyrie was the first Macross Jet that I ordered from Mandarake.  It is an awesome set, and the super packs add to it.  My only complaint is the white skull squadron markings on white plastic really wash out and are hard to see.

Twich

3 hours ago, twich said:

This valkyrie was the first Macross Jet that I ordered from Mandarake.  It is an awesome set, and the super packs add to it.  My only complaint is the white skull squadron markings on white plastic really wash out and are hard to see.

Twich

I would argue that the white skull isn't really missed, as the rest of the scheme already look so nice. :)

Posted (edited)

Banpresto Special Quality Figure Macross 30th Anniversary Sheryl Nome, Ranka Lee and Mylene Jenius figures.  

Just missing the Lynn Minmay figure.

MacrossF1bsm.jpg.9eeffa2b76e1504d6c2e517aa407fe4d.jpgMacrossF1asm.jpg.b84779e6c3e6a1af28a7acdfef348d86.jpgMacrossF1csm.jpg.e1bfdb002e7baf754f32190792d0a1dd.jpg

Edited by shazam

6 hours ago, shazam said:

Banpresto Special Quality Figure Macross 30th Anniversary Sheryl Nome, Ranka Lee and Mylene Jenius figures.  

Just missing the Lynn Minmay figure.

MacrossF1bsm.jpg.9eeffa2b76e1504d6c2e517aa407fe4d.jpgMacrossF1asm.jpg.b84779e6c3e6a1af28a7acdfef348d86.jpgMacrossF1csm.jpg.e1bfdb002e7baf754f32190792d0a1dd.jpg

I like these figures too, yet I’ve never felt compelled to complete the set with Minmay.
It feels weird to have the OG idol donning others’ costumes, but that’s just me. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, MKT said:

I like these figures too, yet I’ve never felt compelled to complete the set with Minmay.
It feels weird to have the OG idol donning others’ costumes, but that’s just me. 

I think that is the reason I did not grab the Lyn Minmay figure in the first place is that she did not look like I had pictured her in my mind. I am happy with the current set even if I don't manage to get her.

Edited by shazam

Posted (edited)
On 5/9/2024 at 7:59 PM, twich said:

Twich

Were there any issues with it?  I saw one displayed in Fighter mode but it was lopsided with crooked head lasers.  lt might have been user error.

Edited by sh9000

4 hours ago, shazam said:

Bandai DX Chogokin VF-27y Lucifer (Brera Type) Super Parts Set

VF-271asm.jpg.b22f00abbc3f13dc119734714b465ce7.jpg

Nice purchase. :) VF-27 is one of those designs I appreciate more over time. I like how the wings, even with its own boosters, try to tuck away in Battroid as opposed to the 29. 
Also keep forgetting the top mounted booster is a drone in its own right..

1 hour ago, MKT said:

Nice purchase. :) VF-27 is one of those designs I appreciate more over time. I like how the wings, even with its own boosters, try to tuck away in Battroid as opposed to the 29. 
Also keep forgetting the top mounted booster is a drone in its own right..

I wish they would release this as a revival! I would be on that in a New York minute!

Twich

14 hours ago, twich said:

I wish they would release this as a revival! I would be on that in a New York minute!

Twich

Agreed. Insta-buy just because it's so unique. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2024 at 8:51 PM, sh9000 said:

Were there any issues with it?  I saw one displayed in Fighter mode but it was lopsided with crooked head lasers.  lt might have been user error.

Well, the Yf-29 was definitely well loved! The wings were very loose, as were the hip joints! I enjoy fighter mode, so it really wasn’t an issue

i think a revival VF-27y with super packs and matte finish and some quality of life improvements, that thing would sell! I know I would want one!

Twich

Edited by twich
Forgot my mind

43 minutes ago, twich said:

Well, the Yf-29 was definitely well loved! The wings were very loose, as were the hip joints! I enjoy fighter mode, so it really wasn’t an issue

i think a revival VF-27y with super packs and matte finish and some quality of life improvements, that thing would sell! I know I would want one!

Twich

I'm probably an outlier on this one, but not a fan of the matte finish.  Just feels cheap to me.  The glossy finish reminds me of the old 1/55's.  More of a toy look, but somehow more appropriate to the line.  Not just mimicry for mimicry's sake, but diplomacy for the line.  Like his livery is fit for a king, or a general, or an ambassador.  Showing off.  I like it.

Matte/gloss, I think it depends on the paint scheme.

For the more "racecar" paintjobs, like Delta squadron, and maybe the "hero" VF-27s I can see them with a gloss to go with the hot rod paintjobs. For the grunt paintjob like the VF-171 and VF-31A a matte definitely looks better.

On 5/5/2024 at 12:20 PM, MacrossMania said:

These models play a critical role in filling out the Macross universe that existed in the 80's.  Of course the toys anchor the whole franchise, but the models were really the imaginative element that made the cartoon "real" for me as a kid.  Dark, foreboding, filled with danger and risk.  The box art somehow brought to life the darker elements of the franchise far more than the toys did.  Although they were fun, the toys were more just play things in line with the cartoons.  The models were reality smacking you in the face.  In that sense, I think they are critical representations of Macross during that time period.  Definitely worth collecting for that reason.

I'm glad I found another one.  It was a good recent Macross purchase.  I like the box art too.

On 5/11/2024 at 6:36 AM, MKT said:

Another Yamato GNU-Dou VF-X2 VF-11b.

9AB3957C-5D0E-4CCD-B5C3-186CDC42BF99.jpeg.a30fd8b384ea7cdb67906ac98a142dfc.jpeg

From where did you get that necklace/bracelet from? I'm always looking for such merch. 

1 hour ago, shazam said:

Bandai DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie Ozma Lee Type GE-64 plus Super Parts 

It's pirate hat time!

YF-29OzmaLee1asm.jpg.d396833c10ca2a3bdeacc61c1e937940.jpg

Yeah that pirate head is probably the best looking head of any VF.. :good: I do wonder if it should have been given to the 30th Memorial ver., in keeping with the skull theme lol

1 hour ago, Raikkonen said:

From where did you get that necklace/bracelet from? I'm always looking for such merch. 

Got it from Mandarake. I don't specifically look for these trinkets, but only if I happen to be buying something else & so bundle it in if they happen to be available. That said, this strap is one of the nicer ones to me since its all metal, rather than the many PVC ones.

3 hours ago, MKT said:

Got it from Mandarake. I don't specifically look for these trinkets, but only if I happen to be buying something else & so bundle it in if they happen to be available. That said, this strap is one of the nicer ones to me since its all metal, rather than the many PVC ones.

So epic. Can't find it anywhere... and Mandarake doesn't like shipping to Europe... 

3 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

So epic. Can't find it anywhere... and Mandarake doesn't like shipping to Europe... 

I think Mandarake doesn't seem to like trading much on small stuff like trinkets, acrylics, gashapons.. which is why there isn't really much on their site. The good thing is they are usually the cheapest on these items when they do come in stock, but at same time that is likely also the reason why they don't come much into stock in first place. 

I think places like Mercari JP & Surugaya JP usually have more of these items available in higher frequency, but prices may vary quite a bit from Mandarake, on top of which got to add-in proxy costs..    

Gotta appreciate how much the newer HMR boxes are better than the older ones. The viewing window is now moved to the back, so we can appreciate Tenjin's art in full and make awesome display pieces in their own right. I wish the larger DX boxes have the same great art style.

HMRVF-1SSuperHikaruNRMnt.jpg.8dbe49bc55bd44dd33f849b378e6aa64.jpg

HMRVF-1JArmoredNRMnt.jpg.879f668b3b015e73a66e03be3249d020.jpg

Max and Milia Hi Metals.

Post man just delivered Max a few minutes ago.

Milia was sitting in its shipping box for like 3 weeks. Was waiting to unpack both of them together.

Milia is sealed. Max was listed as used and box damaged with missing piece. The missing was the neck filler piece but it is installed on the battroid. For 10000 yen it is very good.

IMG_20240517_112440.jpg.4786baef85480027beb8bfe9b1e12b5d.jpg

This morning just nabbed a VT-1. Hope to have it in hands next week.

Now I'm only down to the VF-4G.

1 hour ago, Froy said:

Max and Milia Hi Metals.

Post man just delivered Max a few minutes ago.

Milia was sitting in its shipping box for like 3 weeks. Was waiting to unpack both of them together.

Milia is sealed. Max was listed as used and box damaged with missing piece. The missing was the neck filler piece but it is installed on the battroid. For 10000 yen it is very good.

IMG_20240517_112440.jpg.4786baef85480027beb8bfe9b1e12b5d.jpg

This morning just nabbed a VT-1. Hope to have it in hands next week.

Now I'm only down to the VF-4G.

Congrats.