1/48 macross plus series

blackjek

i'll say yes!

it's just a question of TIME...

Yup in 20 years time when they re-issue Macross stuff again. :D

But seriously, I do hope to see Yamato make them in the 1/48 soon. It's just that I don't think this will happen for a while as they are probably concentrating on the VF-0 for now. Maybe after that.

Heheh.. oh well, that just means we have to make them ourselves... :D

I'll get a 1/48th YF-19 if it kills me... even if I have to manufacture each part myself. K.. all I need is a completely transformable computer model.. and one of those hugely fancy rapid prototyping machines. Heck, I'll be happy if I can get a SOLID 1/48th YF-19.

Btw, how many 1/48th's do you think you'd have to cannibalize to get the parts to make the Mac+ Valks? :blink:

Edited by Chronocidal

a 1/48 yf-21 will be about 1.4 times the vf-1 wouldnt it... big toys.... yes...

1/1 minmay with 1000 points of articulation and real skin and flash texture. oh ya not forgetting a wide selection of accesories. each sold separately.. haha.

Edited by blackjek

a 1/48 yf-21 will be about 1.4 times the vf-1 wouldnt it... big toys.... yes...

1/1 minmay with 1000 points of articulation and real skin and flash texture. oh ya not forgetting a wide selection of accesories. each sold separately.. haha.

k...

Mr. G is a dream killer :p

1/48 M+ toy while cool just too big

1/1 minmay..... with real skin........ *shivers*

1/48 Macross Plus....dream on fanboys  :p

Ain't gonna happen, no siree, no way.

Graham

Really, why not though?

I mean, at least give us the VF-11B. It's not much bigger than a VF-1.

Fighter mode:

Wingspan: 11.2 meters - 36.75 feet

Overall length: 15.51 meters - 50.89 feet

Overall height: 3.49 meters - 11.45 feet

Battroid mode:

Overall height: 12.92 meters - 42.4 feet

Converted to 1/48 scale

Fighter mode:

Wingspan: 9.19 inches

Overall length: 12.72 inches

Overall height: 2.86 inches

Battroid mode:

Overall height: 10.6 inches.

The VF-11B isn't much larger (and actually smaller in battroid mode) than a VF-1, so why not at least make that one.

IMHO, that's the best of the Mac Plus valks anyway.

Honestly, the 1/48 Y-19 would be great in fighter mode, but given the limitations of the current toy design, the battroid mode would be clunky as hell.

I never liked the YF-21 in Battroid either, I guess I just like the Mac Plus valks best in fighter mode all around.

Graham

Hmm, sounds to me like ye olde Jedi mind trick. :p

Let us rephrase this question: Larger scale Macross Plus toys? :)

But seriously, how about a Ghost? :angry: When people think Macross Plus toys they think VF-11, YF-19 and YF-21, how about the ghost?

Graham

But seriously, how about a Ghost? :angry: When people think Macross Plus toys they think VF-11, YF-19 and YF-21, how about the ghost?

I agree.... I would love to see a Ghost... but I doubt the demand would be great enough. But who knows, I could be wrong.

No more than 1/60 for anything other than the VF-1 for me. Too big. Shelf space alreadfy too limited.

A new VF-11 would be awesome.

As for the YF-19 I'll just be happy to have the new 1/72 finally. If anything I'll worry about a bigger scale of that later.

Edited by Anubis

Although I normaly vote against 1/48 non-VF-1 valks I have to say a VF-11 and a Ghost would be small enough to be just like the current VF-1 1/48 toys so that wouldn´t be too bad at all.

But the YFs...yeah right..I love them to death but they´re just too big for 1/48 IMO (no news there though). Thanks for making that small confirmation.

I think we should´ve just listened more carefully when YAmato said the 1/48 line was for collectors and limited ti the Vf-1.

Graham

Ghost? I dun think it's transformable... IMO it shouldn't have any points of articulation compared to the destroids... doubt yamato might produce those.

Graham

Ghost? I dun think it's transformable... IMO it shouldn't have any points of articulation compared to the destroids... doubt yamato might produce those.

Well I think your right, but If I understand the explanation for the need of the yf19, yf21, and the Ghost is they were looking for a new surgical stealth strike aircraft. If thats true (my memory sometimes picks out things incorrectly) they really had no need to make the Ghost transformable (who knows that might have been the next "version" they were going to make). They were looking for a "Fold"able stealth strike vehicle for interdiction work. In anycase, I think I would like to see a M&M&M kind of box set... a YF19, YF21, and a Ghost in the same box 1/72 or 1/100 with very fine detail.

I doubt we will get bigger versions of the line. yamato seems more gung ho on macross zero and the 1/48 Vf-1 series. as a matter of fact, I bet a 1/72 Vf-4 is more possible than a line of bigger macross plus toys. do I want it?course/ Will it happenm? who knows. But even now all we have seen is one small pic of the Yf19Fp sculpt..its been quite a while since the first FP macross plus toy came out and I would think that by now they would have told us something if they were making a big ass version of each. And since we havent heard anything. I think the 19FP will be the last they come out with macross plus for a while./

I think the 19FP will be the last they come out with macross plus for a while.

I hope not... :(

I'm kinda hoping yamato is secretly working on it as we speak or at least talking about it. Maybe they started making the new sculpt for the YF 19FP, realized how kick ass it is and decided to give the same justice to the 21 and the 11B. Maybe that's why it's taking so long for Yamato to mention anything... hmm. ;)

I guess I'm being wishful. I sure do hope there's a 1/60 Mac + in the works. Maybe even the Ghost (with it's own stand). Ah... how blissful would news of something like that be.... :wub:

Edited by Nani?!