Adult Swim's My Adventures with Superman

no3Ljm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, MKT said:

The animation style looks pretty decent. I have impression that many recent animations these days have the characters drawn in a purposefully ugly way.

The articles mention who's producing it, but not who's animating it.  The style seems awfully similar to Avatar: The Last Airbender (JM Animation) or Legend of Kora/Voltron: Legendary Defender (Studio Mir).  Wouldn't be surprised if it's Studio Mir, they've worked with WB/DC before (the two Mortal Kombat Legends films, Death of Superman, Batman: Soul of the Dragon, and Batman and Superman: Battle of the Super Sons.

3 hours ago, MKT said:

The animation style looks pretty decent. I have impression that many recent animations these days have the characters drawn in a purposefully ugly way.

The animation style looks modern like the wannabe anime style like totally spies or avatar, but the color reminds me of the old Superman cartoon from Max Fleischer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Big s said:

At least you didn’t get into Jimmy. Are there any gingers left these days? 

Well, Wally is back again.

Ariel is still ginger if dark skinned.

and Oh…I forgot Gus…I mean Jimmy and Amity is Myx now (seems that someone must have missed Owl House) and Steve Lombard is Nolan from Invincible but Asian. Kal El is Vegeta or some Saiyan with cyber eyepatch and beard.

Just watched the first episode. The animation is pretty good for the style. And I wouldn’t be surprised if the same people that worked on Totally Spies also worked on this. It really felt like they just replaced the spies with Superman and gave a boost to the animation quality. Same art style similar humor and same mannerisms throughout. That being said, if you liked Totally Spies then you’d probably be alright with this.

It’s a Superman that’s still coming into his powers kinda story and getting to know his friends and start of his life story. I kinda like the show for what it is, but there’s really no reason for this to be on adult swim. Everything is kid friendly and that’s part of the reason it’s more likable. If you got kids they might dig this as an odd version of Superman sort of like how the Teen Titans show was good for what it was.

Spoiler

It was kinda funny to watch Superman fight a bunch of mass produced Eva 3’s 

3 hours ago, Big s said:

Just watched the first episode. The animation is pretty good for the style. And I wouldn’t be surprised if the same people that worked on Totally Spies also worked on this. It really felt like they just replaced the spies with Superman and gave a boost to the animation quality. Same art style similar humor and same mannerisms throughout. That being said, if you liked Totally Spies then you’d probably be alright with this.

It’s a Superman that’s still coming into his powers kinda story and getting to know his friends and start of his life story. I kinda like the show for what it is, but there’s really no reason for this to be on adult swim. Everything is kid friendly and that’s part of the reason it’s more likable. If you got kids they might dig this as an odd version of Superman sort of like how the Teen Titans show was good for what it was.

Reveal hidden contents

It was kinda funny to watch Superman fight a bunch of mass produced Eva 3’s 

Same with Unicorn: Warriors Eternal.

It isn’t bloody at all.

5 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Barely got past the first episode...1/4 through the second....

I'm definitely not part of the intended demographic...which I am guessing may be elementary school kids?

I haven’t seen the second one yet, but from what I saw of the first, it’s definitely for a younger kids crowd. It seemed very kid friendly with visuals that could be entertaining for the adults watching with their kids. It’s definitely not a go out of your way to watch it kinda show though. But from what I’ve seen it’s also not something that necessarily would totally infuriate a fan as long as they understood that it’s a goofy style

Am I part of the younger crowd?  I'm only 43.

I dunno, you guys.  I watched both eps on Max and I kind of dig it.

On 7/7/2023 at 7:31 PM, Big s said:

The animation is pretty good for the style. And I wouldn’t be surprised if the same people that worked on Totally Spies also worked on this. It really felt like they just replaced the spies with Superman and gave a boost to the animation quality. Same art style similar humor and same mannerisms throughout.

I'm not familiar with Totally Spies, but a quick Google search doesn't seem to indicate any connections among the producers, production companies, animation studios, etc.  In fact, it seems like most of Totally Spies work was done in France.  I suppose it's possible that Warner Bros Animation/DC Studios hired former Zodiak Kids & Family Studios France writers.

The animation for Superman seems to coming from Studio Mir, the same people who animated the Netflix Voltron cartoon.

38 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

I'm not familiar with Totally Spies, but a quick Google search doesn't seem to indicate any connections among the producers, production companies, animation studios, etc.  In fact, it seems like most of Totally Spies work was done in France.  I suppose it's possible that Warner Bros Animation/DC Studios hired former Zodiak Kids & Family Studios France writers.

The animation for Superman seems to coming from Studio Mir, the same people who animated the Netflix Voltron cartoon.

If you get a chance, check out a trailer or clip on YouTube. 

11 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

At 52, I'm also a bit older than the intended demographic; however, I liked it as well. I was pleasantly surprised that they had Jor-El speaking Kryptonian rather than English, as is so very often the case in American shows where people who should have no familiarity with English speak it fluently and unaccented. My biggest gripe is with the unfavorable time slot; why is it on at midnight when the majority of its intended audience is likely sleeping? I swear, Cartoon Network is the place where good toons, especially DC shows, go to die b/c they always seem to sabotage them with poorly-timed airings. I'll never understand why Warner Bros continues to do business with them when other networks, be they cable or streaming, would give them more favorable showtimes.

Anyway, I'm curious to see what direction they take with this show. Even if they do nothing really ground-breaking, I still dig it as a snapshot of Clark getting his bearings while becoming Superman.

14 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

Bobbypills did the opening, they're a French vendor. That'd be the only link I could come up with.

The showrunner/EP was the SD on Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus and most of the crew was regular Burbank animation people, no cross-over there either.

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw this weeks episode 

Spoiler

There’s definitely some uncomfortable discussions to be had for those with younger children. Today’s kids are used to hearing about same sex relationships, but same sex bestiality and also same sex robot and animal relations all at the same time. Glad my child is older.

56 minutes ago, Big s said:

Just saw this weeks episode 

Hide contents

There’s definitely some uncomfortable discussions to be had for those with younger children. Today’s kids are used to hearing about same sex relationships, but same sex bestiality and also same sex robot and animal relations all at the same time. Glad my child is older.

Depends if

Spoiler

Monsieur Mallah and the Brain is well-known at that point.

On 7/11/2023 at 9:54 AM, M'Kyuun said:

At 52, I'm also a bit older than the intended demographic; however, I liked it as well. I was pleasantly surprised that they had Jor-El speaking Kryptonian rather than English, as is so very often the case in American shows where people who should have no familiarity with English speak it fluently and unaccented. My biggest gripe is with the unfavorable time slot; why is it on at midnight when the majority of its intended audience is likely sleeping? I swear, Cartoon Network is the place where good toons, especially DC shows, go to die b/c they always seem to sabotage them with poorly-timed airings. I'll never understand why Warner Bros continues to do business with them when other networks, be they cable or streaming, would give them more favorable showtimes.

Anyway, I'm curious to see what direction they take with this show. Even if they do nothing really ground-breaking, I still dig it as a snapshot of Clark getting his bearings while becoming Superman.

Same thing here sir. One more year and I'm hitting 50. My standard on TV and Movies are really low at this point. Besides, this show is a father and son bonding thing so we're good. :good: 

I kind of dig the two-tone costume design though and the S. ;) 

NYPICHPDPICT000013326224.webp.11342ee8cc0a8bf308427ba6f74f60e2.webp

• 8 months later...