2 hours ago, Mog said:

I don’t mind the idea of Boba wanting to better the lives of fellow bounty hunters and the lives of his underlings.

BUT there’s a way to do it without looking weak.  Shoot a kneecap of the mayor’s admin. guy, as a “warning” for all the obvious disrespect.  When he hires those Vespa kids, make it that he’s paying off their debt and that they now owe him and have to work for him.  Or else.

Or just not have the Vespa rangers 

• 5 months later...
9 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Well... poop. After this news I would not be shocked, but still hugely disappointed, if we didn't see a second season of ANDOR.

https://www.ign.com/articles/star-wars-andor-season-2-delayed-out-of-2024

The common trend lately is to take an almost finished show and then scrap it for the tax write off. I know the government had actually been bringing that up and trying to introduce bills to stop that practice since it’s kinda stupid.

Hopefully that’s not what’s going on here. The first season had some problems mostly with the first few episodes being really bad and not being able to grab an audience, but it eventually gets better and was definitely far better than most of the D+ live action Star Wars

4 hours ago, Bolt said:

Hmm. Production was nearly completed before the strike. I'm not sure why they couldn't push it to December of 2024. 
I hope it eventually happens. SW needs more good content. 

All productions essentially stopped during the strikes. When that happened, production crews were free to move to other projects, sets were torn down, VFX houses moved on to their next projects. Sound stage rentals basically went un-used. Writing, re-writes and re-shoots couldn't happen. That screws up scheduling to the Nth degree (especially since the actors went on strike too). Now that everyone is going back to work, you can't just pick up where you left off, especially when you are competing with other productions for resources. Same goes for the actors, production crews, sound stages, etc. They're all booked well in advanced. If a production had their spot booked at a time after the strike ended, do you think they would give up their spot for a production that got cutoff during the strikes and blew past their deadlines, maybe having to wait months for the next opening? :rofl: That means those productions would be set back and they would have to get to the back of the queue. Even if a soundstage was booked and a production still had it by the time the strikes ended, they've lost x-months where nothing happened. They can do what they can but still have to be out of there for the next production that had that venue reserved. So a lot of these productions which are being pushed back are because they, essentially, lost their spot and have to re-queue to make it finish line. And even if they are allowed to keep their spots, that pushes every other reservation back so now those production's deadlines are pushed back and everyone's releases are delayed x-amount of time. 

Not only were the strikes causing scheduling problems Disney's debt is causing problems.  They are trying to find a sweet spot between too much content losing money due to the viewership not supporting it and not enough content causing viewers to drop the service.  Most likely this will get made eventually. 

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, sh9000 said:

E1D466FE-7722-4B20-9C9F-5C3C711EF757.jpeg.c106fe47cf1b8509b7501924e500a875.jpeg

Season 1 coming to 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray.

I generally don't buy tv shows on physical media, but I may make an exception for Andor. Though, I'd wait for the complete series to be available in a single purchase.

Just read in Wiki there is supposed to be a season 2 however it looks like the writers strike had a significant impact on its production. That's not a good sign as I recall many films and series story and production quality plummeted after the last writers strike in 2007/08.

A second season, which will conclude the series and lead into the events of Rogue One, began filming in November 2022, was halted in the first half of 2023 due to the 2023 Hollywood labor disputes, resumed in January 2024, and wrapped in February 2024.

It was expected to release in August 2024,[24] but because of delays in production due to the strikes, the release has been reported to have likely been pushed back to sometime in 2025.[25]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andor_(TV_series)#Season_2

13 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Season 1 coming to 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray.

... this might be the first non-main-movie Star Wars thing to get me to open my wallet.

3 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Just read in Wiki there is supposed to be a season 2 however it looks like the writers strike had a significant impact on its production. That's not a good sign as I recall many films and series story and production quality plummeted after the last writers strike in 2007/08.

Yeah, Andor was/is supposed to be a two-season limited series.

The first season is the story of how Cassian ended up joining the Rebellion and the second season is supposedly going to cover his life as a rebel agent and end with the start of the mission he was on at the start of Rogue One: a Star Wars Story.

They were supposedly almost done shooting Andor season two when the strike hit, and as a direct-to-streaming series it's not beholden to the broadcast schedule so work could just stop instead of being beholden to scab writers like a traditional TV series, so the impact of the strike on the production shouldn't be nearly as bad as past strikes impacts on broadcast shows.