Larger Scale VF-0

Valk-1S

What scale would you like to see Yamato release for the VF-0.  

137 members have voted

1. 1. What scale would you like to see Yamato release for the VF-0.

• 1. 1/72
    • 2. 1/60
    • 3. 1/55
    • 4. 1/48
    • 5. Don't care, as long detailed and perfect transformation

Hi all,

This is my first poll. I decided to make one up as some of us are hoping for a 1/48 scale VF-0 and some of us just find that won't happened due to it's size.

Actually I was thinking of a poll more in the lines of what scale you think Yamato will release, but decided to stick to this.

Hope I set the poll up correctly.

The VF-0 is actually significantly longer than the VF-1 as this picture of the Hasegawa 1/72 scale kits from the March 2004 issue of Hobby Japan magazine shows.

According to the magazine article, the Hasegawa VF-1 is 19.8cm long, whereas the VF-0S is 27.1cm long.

So, if you pretend that the VF-1 in the photo below is a 1/48, you can imagine that a 1/48 VF-0 toy would take up a lot of shelf space!

Graham

Yeah, the 1/100 VF-0 is gonna be a little smaller than the 1/60 VF-1's are already.

I don't mind that.

For a bigger scale though, I think 1/72 would be nice. 1/48 would be just way too big. And we know Yamato is ditching the 1/60's after the Monster and Q-Rau.

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

The VF-0 is actually significantly longer than the VF-1 as this picture of the Hasegawa 1/72 scale kits from the March 2004 issue of Hobby Japan magazine shows.

According to the magazine article, the Hasegawa VF-1 is 19.8cm long, whereas the VF-0S is 27.1cm long.

So, if you pretend that the VF-1 in the photo below is a 1/48, you can imagine that a 1/48 VF-0 toy would take up a lot of shelf space!

Graham

WOW! :o That's one big toy! :o

For a bigger scale though, I think 1/72 would be nice. 1/48 would be just way too big. And we know Yamato is ditching the 1/60's after the Monster and Q-Rau.

Vostok 7

Bigger scale: 1/72 (I'd say that would be just about right.)

I didn't know that they were goin' to ditch the 1/60's after the Monster and Q-Rau! :o Thanks for the 411.

Edited by Angel's Fury

I'm stick with 1/48, 1/72 even 1/100, those scale are common in modern military jet models. since it'll be so huge(and very expensive for sure) in 48 scale, I definately vote 72! ;)

Graham

So........where's the problem?? :lol:

I guess myself and Blaine23 are the only ones who like big ass toys.

I for one would love to see one in 1/48, but 1/60 will do too.

Edited by Mechamaniac

actually no dude i have beebn presistently wanting that damn thing in 1;/48 but it turns out we are in the minority...mostly evertyoine is scared this thing will be too big or something. Hell even if it was i dont imagine it being over 200$...i am thinking more lke 150$

Kewl, another giant toy lover. ;)

I just want them to do all the valks in the same scale, whatever it is. I would like to be able to display valks from all three of the good series next to each other in battroid mode in the same scale.

Is that too much to ask?

I guess so, because chances are, we'll never see a Mac Plus valk in anything but 1/72, and I am sorry, but they all look too stubby to me in 1/72. The scale just isn't big enough to put in any detail. That's how you wind up with the chewing gum left on the bedstand overnight Guld pilot fig, and the fact that they have no internal cockpit detail at all.

And if the VF-0 is so freaking huge, the largest they will probably go will be 1/72, or perhaps 1/60, but hey, this is Yamato, they'll probably pull one off in a completely different scale!, who knows.

hell they migh even make one in 1.55 scale to piss bandai off. NOw that i think about that, that would be pretty cool. Stand alone V f-0 big enough for people lke me mechamaniac and blaine, and at the same time can fit in with chunky monkeys!

it would also be awesome if bandai contered by making a VF-0 in 1/48 scale.,

let the competition begin!

1/48 scale, regardless of what everyone says about size and about cost. I know that it would be big, but I honestly don't care. I don't mind dishing out a lot of money for something big, detailed and cool, and also being in the same scale as my nice VF-1 Low Vis. :D

I prefer the 1/72 scale. As much as I love the 1/48, it's big and anything bigger would be way too big. Although I'm not a collector of Gundam or a big fan by any stretch of the imagination, I prefer the sizes of the Master Grade models. Just big enough, but not too small.

I'm glad the VF-0 is going to be in a more compact scale. A 1/48 of the VF-0 would be ridiculous.

[insert diety] Too many polls. I'm re-instating the two polls per page rule after this one. Any others will be automatically deleted.

As for size, the vf-0 is about the same length as the Mac+ planes, which translates roughly into twice as big as a vf-1(in Battroid if that CGI in the 20th Ann. DVD is correct). If they ever do make it (VF-0)bigger I'd prefer the 1/72 or 1/60 scale. Don't like the designs enough to fork over for 1/48 scale but until then the 1/100 scale will do me just fine.

YF-21 Fighter mode:

Wing span: 15.36 m

Length overall: 19.62 m

YF-19Fighter mode:

Wing span: fully extended forward 14.87 m [14.89 m]

Length overall: 18.62 m

VF-0 Fighter mode:

Length overall: 18.69 m

VF-1 Length overall: 14.23 m

VT-1C (estimated) 13.88 m

with FAST Pack system 14.0 m

with atmospheric-escape booster system 18.9 m

Height overall: 3.84 m [2.85 m]

with FAST Pack system 5.5 m

the bigger the better

Yes, and then we realize is too big for shelf space and then every one goes:

" there's no way I'll pay that much for a toy that size", bla, bla bla....

I still want my Monster coffee table.... :rolleyes:

I'm glad the VF-0 is going to be in a more compact scale. A 1/48 of the VF-0 would be ridiculous.

And the 1/60 Monster or the Queadluun-Rau aren’t???

Why is it that everyone loves the idea of those two but the moment someone mentions a 1/48 VF-0 or YF-19 or some other large valk it’s oh no that would be too big I mean seriously a VF-0 is not that much bigger it’s about the same size as a F-14 and companies make plenty of 1/48 scale versions of those.

Btw Mr. March i'm not trying to pick on you. You just happend to sum up what the anti 1/48 VF-0 people almost always say.

yea really guys COME ON! It probably wouldnt cost as much as you think! The transformation is relatively similar to the VF-1 and the internal heatshield is not internal on this one its merely slides down with the chest! Not to meniton at 1/48 scale do you know how much detail yamato would cram into the damn thing>? I know i said before im down with anytyhing perfect transformable but i think at 1/48 its the cream of the crop and i see nothing wrong with it. Watch i bet if it comes out we will all stop bitching nad unify in drooling. Not to mention i mean come on i think at most itll be 17000 yen.

Why is it that everyone loves the idea of those two but the moment someone mentions a 1/48 VF-0 or YF-19 or some other large valk it’s oh no that would be too big I mean seriously a VF-0 is not that much bigger it’s about the same size as a F-14 and companies make plenty of 1/48 scale versions of those.

Btw Mr. March i'm not trying to pick on you. You just happend to sum up what the anti 1/48 VF-0 people almost always say.

Or, maybe a nearly foot and a half long toy that costs as much as my monthy rent is a little excessive....

Not all of us are made of money or have GOBS of space alotted to toys.

And for the last time, the 1/60 MONSTER is NOT being produced! It was shelved for retooling/scuplting DUE to its perilous size!!

I gotta go with 1/60 to comply with my 1/60 obsession. (due to cash flow :D ) Heck I only have 3 anyway! :blink:

This would also statisfy the 1/48 lovers with the "don't care about the scale - like the height" issue.

I'm also disappointed at the notion of discontinuing the 1/60 line (wherever this was derived from). That would stink for the possibility of common scale enemies and/or destroids and non-VF-1 valks. :(

BUT,

if they can settle on 1/100 detailed versions of whatever they want, this may not be a bad thing......especially for my budget!!

er.........umm..............I mean "my wife's"...............well, you know what I mean............. ;)

Or, maybe a nearly foot and a half long toy that costs as much as my monthy rent is a little excessive....

Not all of us are made of money or have GOBS of space alotted to toys.

And for the last time, the 1/60 MONSTER is NOT being produced! It was shelved for retooling/scuplting DUE to its perilous size!!

Greenguy where did you hear that about the monster?

BTW, this IS true last I heard... Graham said about 6mo. ago that after the VT-1, VE-1, Monster and one other 1/60 (which we now know is the Q-Rau), the 1/60 line was dead. I know this because when we first supposed/asked that a 1/60 M0 line was in the works, Graham said that there wouldn't be any 1/60 M0 toys.

Frankly, I'll be suprised if the VF-0 is made in 1/60. More than likely we'll see a 1/72 version. POSSIBLY a 1/48 but I wouldn't bet on it just yet.

Sorry all you 1/60 lovers (which is suprising since everyone chants 1/48 around here) but it looks like 1/72 is gonna be the way. Besides, a 1/72 VF-0 is already going to be as big or slightly bigger than a 1/60 VF-1.

Vostok 7