1/12 Imaii Cyclone

Jung

mods, if this is the wrong forum, feel free to move it to the appropriate one.

1/12 scale fully transformable cyclone by Imaii (RIP?).

paints:

1)main colours are Gunze Sangyo Aqueous (water-based) acrylics

-pale green for the bike

-lime green for the chest

2)Tamiya acrylics

-metallic grey for the cylinders, engine etc...

-gunmetal for the rifle

-flat flesh for the face

4)flat black, white, grey, khaki and apple red are enamels from hardware store spraycans sprayed into paint bottles for the airbrush.

5) clear parts were all FUTURE, used food colouring to get the different colours. First time trying it, works great(!), spent only $2 for a package of food colouring that included yellow, blue, green and red. To get the amber colour for the bike's front "visor" I mixed a few drops of yellow, and 1 drop each of red and blue.

I used some of my old custom 1/55 decals, hence the "beware of blast" heh :p

I still have the other 2 kits to build (rand and lancer), but no rook... :(

post-3-1075243766_thumb.jpg

Great work, Jung!!! Those Imai kits are sooooo underappreciated. Toynami would be lucky if their Cyclone ever looks half that good.

Please tell me you did something to reinforce the hip joints on Stick, though. I'd hate to see them snap like mine did, back in the day.

lol, yeah I've learned my lesson on the weak hip joint, I replaced it with a wave joint, I'll take a pic of it when I find time. I also added a ball joint for the neck, so it can look forwards while riding the bike rather than looking downwards.

I love these imaii transformable cylcone kits, I'm hoping toynami copies them so I can pick up a rook (fuke)!

Edited by Jung

Now I remember why I don't show my models online :)

Boy is that good looking.

No Rook model existed in this scale/transformable, so you'd have to make a custom, but I have seen it done so it's not toally impossible...

ART_2938_2_6418.jpg

Cyc

wow that looks great! do you have any better pics of it? The more diffcult part of modifying it into a transformable kit would be the figure itself, you would pretty much have to scratch build the female body IMO.

keep em coming jung!

this ones looking damn nice, gotta try that food coloring in futures trick...hecka cheaper than tamiya clears.

hey, just curious what do you use as thinner to get futures out of your airbrush? i noticed its a lot thicker than the other paints i use(tamiya, gunze sangyo) and as it dries it dries in strands that look like hair.

keep em coming jung!

this ones looking damn nice, gotta try that food coloring in futures trick...hecka cheaper than tamiya clears.

hey, just curious what do you use as thinner to get futures out of your airbrush? i noticed its a lot thicker than the other paints i use(tamiya, gunze sangyo) and as it dries it dries in strands that look like hair.

Everywhere I read, it tells you to spray future straight out of the bottle, ie don't thin it. It works fine, but from my experience it clogs the airbrush quicker than thinned paints, so I gotta spray windex to clear it more often. I'm not sure what you mean by drying into hairlike strands?

toonz: heh, yeah I'm finally finishing projects that I started last year eh?

I did the lancer kit. but it didn't look nearly as good!

I took a tip off a MW'er and filled the figure's feet with small heavy metal parts because of the backpack being so heavy. It really helps to balance it so it can stand without support.