3 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

Oh jeez. This could be really good, lol.

Or really really bad. All I know is he’ll probably have a particular set of skills and there’s a high probability that one of his family members will be kidnapped. That’s usually what happens in his movies, but I will say that even in his bad films that he’s great in his role 

5 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Another interesting scary movie.

Reminds me of a quiet place. Hopefully the scene where they get fed up and go on the attack happens in the first half of the movie to set it aside from all the other horror movies like this. 

Just watched Damsel last night and while it’s far from a perfect movie, I did actually end up liking it. I gotta say that it was perfect casting for the Dragon’s voice. Once you hear it, you immediately recognize it and wonder why she hadn’t been cast for this type of character before. It was a pretty cool design for the dragon as well even if it was noticeably cg, but it’s a made for streaming movie, so I’ll give it a pass 

Spoiler

As far as complaints, and there’s quite a bit to nitpick and complain about, my biggest ones would be that she was raised as just a basic princess, yet can fight and knows how to set traps and deals with extreme pain far too well for sheltered royalty. She gets burned pretty badly several times and only the one on her leg kind of affects her. There’s many times that she takes really big falls and is barely scratched. And the crystal wall scene was way over detailed with so many crystals she’d have been cut up even if she wasn’t barefoot. I kinda expected a Diehard style walk after that.

If you can ignore the lack of realism and take it for the dark fairy tale that it is, then it’s worth a watch. 

Spoiler

I did really like the ending. I thought for sure that they’d let the prince live since he was sympathetic to the situation he was putting the sacrifices through. But I was totally glad they touched him.

@Big s I felt pretty much the same about Damsel. Millie Bobby Brown carries the movie, and it has the entertaining value of a good comic book. The dragon design (and voice!) was pretty cool, but what struck me most were some images of the scenery, which were apparently shot in Portugal, including the castle exterior.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13452446/locations/?ref_=tt_dt_loc

Especially Serra da Estrela looks like a cool hiking spot.

It's a fantasy movie, so I'll accept some 'armor' for the character and what she can endure. We did see that she was pretty hand's on around her home, so she wasn't a stranger to physical labor. Not saying it shouldn't have been harder to scale a crystal wall, but it was a fun movie overall. Millie B really is good! I'd say the best to come out of Stranger Things.  The cinematography and imagery was beautifully done and I liked the little twists and turns with the characters. 

I liked the ending too! Quite fitting.:D

18 hours ago, Thom said:

It's a fantasy movie, so I'll accept some 'armor' for the character and what she can endure. We did see that she was pretty hand's on around her home, so she wasn't a stranger to physical labor. Not saying it shouldn't have been harder to scale a crystal wall, but it was a fun movie overall. Millie B really is good! I'd say the best to come out of Stranger Things.  The cinematography and imagery was beautifully done and I liked the little twists and turns with the characters. 

I liked the ending too! Quite fitting.:D

Yes, I loved that ending. Kinda reminds me how GoT should have ended. :D

3 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Yes, I loved that ending. Kinda reminds me how GoT should have ended. :D

YES!!

Dany and Drogon returning back to Essos to live a happier and quieter life. Much better.

Edited by Thom

• 2 weeks later...