Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

holy hell... what is that glorious tranny?

That would be Vector Prime, a new character in the upcoming TF Galaxy Force series. He's apparently a time-travelling TF from ancient cybertron, back when there were no Autobot and Decepticon classes (and the toy has neither symbols on it). So far he seems to be about the only interesting character that I've seen. My VP figure should be showing up in the mail here any day now...I hope. :unsure:

ok, can somebody tell me if this is an official product?

Complete Transformers DVD collection

:huh:

I'm guessing bootleg. I can't think of a single reason why a company would release any of their DVD catalogue as Region Free. That just goes against region coding which they enforce with a vengence.

That set even looks weird... Not consistent with their corporate branding at all.

ok, can somebody tell me if this is an official product?

Complete Transformers DVD collection

:huh:

I'm guessing bootleg. I can't think of a single reason why a company would release any of their DVD catalogue as Region Free. That just goes against region coding which they enforce with a vengence.

So far at TW2005 it's been confirmed to be a official Chinese release not a boot-leg. but it being region free is kinda' strange.

Edited by NSJ23

ok, here's what Primus had to say about it over at the tfw2005 boards:

"Chinese 20th Ann. G1 DVD Box Set Review

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whoah. Okay, here is my review. I'm going to post some comments first, so if you just want to read the review, scroll down to where it says: Start Review:

On the 29th of December, Gregatron brought something interesting to my attention. The Chinese 20th Ann. G1 DVD Box Set.

Now I had seen this in the news when it first came out, but as it was from China I figured that it would be too expensive, not to mention the fact that I originally thought it was in PAL format, with only Chinese audio.

Then Gregatron made note of some ebay auctions that were selling them shipped via UPS for around $90. In the auctions, it was noted that the discs had an english 5.1 audio track and that they were in NTSC (north american tv compatible) format. On top of that, it came with a RobotMaster. It was hard to top it, so I went ahead and threw caution to the wind and bought it. I had a feeling I was on the losing end of this deal for some reason, but I figured I'd give it a shot. Worst case scenario would be that it would totally suck, and I would be out $90. But if that were the case, at least I could warn the rest of the fandom.

I ordered the box set from:

http://www.chinartking.com/dvd/transformer.htm

Now I ordered this on December 29th at about 8:00pm central time. I figured it would be at least two weeks before I saw anything from the ol' UPS man. I mean, hell, it was coming from China!

Next thing I know, 5 days later(not even 5 business days) and over a holiday weekend, I get a package from UPS. And there it was.

Now, if memory serves, it was something like $55 for the boxset and $35 for shipping. For $35 shipping, that came pretty quick across the ocean. Especially considering the box isn't that small.

Start Review:

Let me preface this by apoogising in advance or any spelling mistakes and the quality of the images. I took these pictures with my phone as I don't have a proper digicam.

First impression: Blown away! Not only did I get the box set, but I got this cool paper bag with decepticon and autobot logos on it. The bag is very well made, with some chinese writing in metallic flake.

The box that the DVDs et al came in was equally well made. Constructed from some kind of compressed wood, this thing is very durable and looks absolutely beautiful. It takes a couple of seconds to figure out how to open the box without ripping it apart, but there is a nice little notch above the autobot symbol that lifts up and then slides apart.

Inside the box I was astounded by the number of items that were included in the set.

Contents:

25 DVD's consisting of seasons 1,2,3, and 4(3eps) and the movie.

One credit card sized numbered collectors card with autobot and decepticon logos.

1 lithograph of Optimus and Hot Rod.

3 20th Ann. collectors cards.

a small calendar set consisting of 4 months of Transformers and the rest are other anime.

1 RobotMaster toy. I got Optimus Prime, but from what I can tell it varies between starscream, BW Megatron, Optimus Prime, Optimus Primal, and Smokescreen.

plus there is some kind of givaway certificate for a 20th Ann. Prime. I have no idea what it says, but it's interesting because it has an image of Hasbro's Prime, and not Takara's Prime.

The case that holds the DVD's is a little cheesy. It reminds me of an old plastic tackle box that you can arrange the slots in.

First I put in the disc labeled "The Movie". As the menu came up the theme from the US version started playing. The menu's are all in Chinese, but if you are familiar with how DVD's are layed out it's not toooo confusing.

I clicked the first link and the movie started playing. In English. With the VA's that we all know and love. I guess I was expecting something akin to a fan dub, but as this is an official product, they used the official US VA's

I didn't watch the whole movie, but the quality was at least as good as the US version of the movie on DVD. Audio and Video.

Then I put in season one, disc one. The menu came up again in Chinese. I didn't want to go through them too much as I didn't want to get lost in them. I clicked on the first option and the show started. Again in English with the US VA's. I didn't even have to select an audio option.

Just like the movie, the quality of the series DVDs were very good.

One interesting thing here is that in the begining it had that "Claster/Sunbow" thingy. I can't recall if the Rhino ones do that.

Overall, I think it was the best $90 I've ever spent. As a collectible this is an awesome piece. The box is very cool. The Robot Master really topped it off.

I don't know what it would cost to buy all five of the US box sets and the movie on DVD, but I know it would be over $150. And that's without the little extras that you get with this box set.

I highly reccomend this to any transfan that can afford it. And it's really a bargain at $90 shipped.

Here's the link where I got mine from again.

http://www.chinartking.com/dvd/transformer.htm "

here's the link if you want to read the responses:

TRW2005 boards

i am actually interested in this are the people who are selling it in the USA or HK?

how would i order from them?

just checked ebay there are usa sellers that have the same one for cheaper

how about posting some auctions so we can see? ;):p:D:lol:

lol did not think about it, just go to ebay and type transformers dvd and a bunch usually show up, they are about $50.00 with $20.00 shipping for the USA $70.00 total which is cheaper then the $90.00 being charged by that site. i am probably going to get one, i have been wanting to pick up the USA box sets for quite some time now. but this is a better deal and it looks like a nicer set.

actually yeah, it is. Solscud007, that lucky bastid, was able to pick one up a few days ago at a target that I don't even know about.

it looks decent but is it subs or dubs? and how is the picture quility?

You can find some pictures of the box set here:

http://www.tfclub.com/tffans/rom/200412060001.shtml

and some menu screens here:

http://www.tfclub.com/tffans/rom/200412070006.shtml

Can't find the link with the screen grabs but saw it around there somewhere... :(

EDIT: Found some various screen cap links

http://www.tfclub.com/tffans/rom/200409070001.shtml

http://www.tfclub.com/tffans/rom/200404210001.shtml

This is a chinese fan site so the text is in chinese but all the pictures are on the one page. I bought Season 3/4 box set a while ago (same company and probably the same DVDs as shipped in the wooden box set) and the video looked and sounded fine to me. I did note some minor transfer glitches here and there like a frame missing or blanking very a split second but nothing major.

The packaging is basic for the DVDs just a plastic container box with the DVDs in a CD sleeve jacket thing. No fancy DVD cases or anything. The price was good for me, just 10 GBP as opposed to about 25-30 GBP. Overall, I'm satisfied with the ones I have bought just wish I saw that box set earlier. :)

Edited by obakesan

Predaking reissue packaging question

I received a Predaking reissue from a reputable seller who also sells on MW. I planned on keeping this MISB. However the tape on all ends of the box seems to have been cut and then new factory tape was placed over it. It seems like the box was opened and then taped back up. Did anyone else receive one like this? How did yours come? I'm thinking about trying to get my money back through my credit card if the seller doesn't do anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Yeah, mine was like that too. Did yours come from Singapore?

The Predaking packaging is of poor quality - notice how the sides seem to flare out, or bulge out. I would have vastly preferred it if Takara had released it under the regular Collection reissues - superior cardboard quality.

I received a Predaking reissue from a reputable seller who also sells on MW. I planned on keeping this MISB. However the tape on all ends of the box seems to have been cut and then new factory tape was placed over it. It seems like the box was opened and then taped back up. Did anyone else receive one like this? How did yours come? I'm thinking about trying to get my money back through my credit card if the seller doesn't do anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Oddly enough, mine came the same way. And I bought it from BBTS where I have never had a problem with opened packaging. Didn't think anything about it since I removed mine for display. Only checked after your post in this thread. Strange. I wonder if some were reopened after initial packaging to add or inspect anything. :unsure: Thoughts?

I received a Predaking reissue from a reputable seller who also sells on MW. I planned on keeping this MISB.  However the tape on all ends of the box seems to have been cut and then new factory tape was placed over it. It seems like the box was opened and then taped back up. Did anyone else receive one like this? How did yours come? I'm thinking about trying to get my money back through my credit card if the seller doesn't do anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Oddly enough, mine came the same way. And I bought it from BBTS where I have never had a problem with opened packaging. Didn't think anything about it since I removed mine for display. Only checked after your post in this thread. Strange. I wonder if some were reopened after initial packaging to add or inspect anything. :unsure: Thoughts?

The ones I bought from Image Anime and Action HQ (I have 3!) and none of them were like that. I wouldn't stress it though.

This just in

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=5959

Dreamwave Productions, a Canadian comicbook publisher involved in numerous anime related comic book adaptations, has announced that it has ceased operations. The company president blamed market conditions includint, "... shrinking comic book market combined with a weak U.S. dollar and unsustainable monetary commitments." Dreamwave's productions included Transformers, Duel Masters and Megaman.

No more transformers from DW? :(

That sucks on so many levels.

I read a story on a TF board somewhere (can't remember where) that stated that many of Dreamwave's assets were transferred to a new company called Dreamengine which is headed by one of the brothers. It may be that Dreamwave is doing some reorging and emerging as a new entity (tax evasion? ;) ).

It seems odd to me that Dreamwave would just cease operations instead of trying to sell the properties and assests to another publisher. This makes me think it is more of a reorg/spinoff than an outright closure.

Here's another article. Not the one I was looking for but intresting none the less.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/columns/...tg&article=2054

Edited by VF-1Guy

Well, as far as Im concerned, Dreamweave can evade as many taxes as they like so long as they keep producing comics. Intersting news..

Yeah, anyone making good comics shouldn't have to pay taxes so they can raise my taxes... :rolleyes:

I received a Predaking reissue from a reputable seller who also sells on MW. I planned on keeping this MISB.  However the tape on all ends of the box seems to have been cut and then new factory tape was placed over it. It seems like the box was opened and then taped back up. Did anyone else receive one like this? How did yours come? I'm thinking about trying to get my money back through my credit card if the seller doesn't do anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

A lot of the Predakings that went through Singapore had the same issue. Most of them were due to the fact that Takara neglected to add some accessories.

This was detected by QC, and as a result many were opened them up again to insert the missing items in and re-taped.

The triple-taped ones were likely a result of custom checks.

Finally got Alt Grimlock at Target here in Simi Valley, CA. In mine there's a bit of damage in one of the unseen leg pieces which affect foot placement (and posing). However, it's really a non-issue since I'm only keeping Grimmy in one pose. I'll post a pic later to describe.

Once again, Hasbro mucked it up with the instructions. Not enough detail so I ended up popping off the forearms. Thank Ladon they can pop back in. (Cookie goes to who can correctly figure out the Ladon reference.) Hood was a bit tricky but in the end everything locked into place right.

Grimlock might be a Ford Mustang GT, but he's still the big badass Dinobot. Literally too. Might be the legs and shoulders, but he does look bigger than the previous Alts.

I spotted Swindle and Windcharger there too, so they're all yours!

I stopped collecting comics around ten years ago, so Dreamweave's closing/evading is no biggie to me. 'Nuff Said. ^_^'''

post-26-1105039115.jpg

Edited by ManxoChu