Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

yea all 4 doors open on my smokescreen that i used to have, i have the side swipe with the mod it looks much better with the back hood for the chest. btw what figure is getting the sunstreaker head?

Dead End's head is shaped like Sunstreaker's. Dunno why. In fact, Dead End never even looked like that. My guess is that they were gonna make the Viper repaint a Sunstreaker, but then they said something like "ah, we got too many darned 'bots, bring out the 'cons!" so they changed it at the last minute. That's one theory.

Another thing -- the more I see Tracks, the more I dislike it. I like the Corvette, but robot mode looks pretty bad. As some people have said, it's just like a RiD toy. Except it's symmetrical. ;)

ok i never really noticed until you pointed it out. yea it does look like sunstreaker, i actually like the Tracks and cannot wait until it comes out, even if it transforms like a RID it still looks nice, i also like the fact that it transforms different from all of the others most of the other (excpet Hound) all seem to have the same transformation (smokescreen, Meister, Streak,) & ( dead and sideswipe) so it will be nice to have something new.

chris

Thanks Renato! Here's the pics if anyone wants to compare. I really like the mod. In fact, it's changed my mind completely about buying Sideswipe.

Before

After

I too don't think much of Tracks, but if they bring out the blue variant I will get one (Damn my nostalic side!) Meister is what I am really excited about.

My suspiscion is that sideswipe was originally designed in the "modified" way (hence the shoulder missiles), but had to get changed in testing because that joint was too weak. I keep meaning to mod mine.

I don;t mind the similar transformations, as long as I get a good-looking car, and a good-looking, nicely posable bot, the journey between the two modes is less important. FWIW, Hound and Meister do actually transform reasonably differently. I think the reason the general scheme's been used a bit is that it does give good results, without too much stuff hanging off the back.

Even on the streak/smokes remoulds, there appears to have been both a bit of tweaking here and there to make transformation back to car a bit easier by loosening off a lot of the joints, and also they've really done a nice job of remoulding- even doing a lot of parts they could very easily have got away with not doing.

There's also the theory that the front of car being the chest is liked by manufacturers because it means the "face" of the car doesn't get altered. The reason porsche declined a license was not apparently to do with "war toys", but because the nature of TFs requires splits in the bodywork that wouldn't neccesarily be there. Keeping thos splits away from the front of the vehicle probably helps persuade otherwise reluctant manufacturers.

so yeah- I dont; mind continuing with similar transformations as long as they keep getting improved. the amount of posabiliuty meister's going to have looks fantastic.

I believe they changed Sunstreaker to Deadend because they didn't want two yellow toys (Tracks) on the shelf at the same time. However Hasbro is now saying they are releasing Tracks in blue while Takara will still release him in yellow.

IMHO, Deadend looks much better than Sideswipe in car mode, the rear end is totally remolded and more aggressive.

IMHO, Deadend looks much better than Sideswipe in car mode, the rear end is totally remolded and more aggressive.

So is the front, that rim they added to front and sides really helps give his car mode a sharper feel. Also the black with silver color scheme really helps.

I had no problem with Sideswipe.

In fact as much as I love Subaru I hate my Smokescreen when transforming it because he is a royal biotch to get back into car mode properly lol.

I heard with Silverstreak they fixed that up.

I also wish we got Sunstreaker instead of Dead End.

<_<

That would be perfect for Windcharger.

I'd have to agree. Not only a good likeness, but Dodge would probably love having the name in there, as you've alluded to.

They should even keep the old minibot transformation so his head would be as wide as the chests of the other Autobots (okay, I'm joking about that, although very serious about the name choice if it were ever to be used. I do think it fits him well.).

Ok gues this is the best palce to put this as I didnt want to start a new thread on this.

Wheeljack is being released!!!!! but for energon. hahaha I saw it in a Hobby Japan and then when i went to Target I saw they have repaint energon figures. (the small cheapy ones) and it showed a plane of some sort and Wheeljack but the US name is some other crap that I forgot. But the head is dead on Wheel jack.

This was made by Toymaker as a ps proto for stickers on the Allspark boards.

jazz2.jpg

jazzbot.jpg

Sure Martini Porsche team decals look gaudy on the 8, but still...it screams Jazz.

Not too bad. I would change the "Martini" for "Mazdaspeed" and use less lines. Like two solid lines with some trim. keep it simple. I also would prefer putting the "4" on the rotary shaped hood bump and have the autobot symbol infront so in robot form the autobot symbol would be in front of the head.

Ok gues this is the best palce to put this as I didnt want to start a new thread on this.

Wheeljack is being released!!!!! but for energon. hahaha I saw it in a Hobby Japan and then when i went to Target I saw they have repaint energon figures. (the small cheapy ones) and it showed a plane of some sort and Wheeljack but the US name is some other crap that I forgot. But the head is dead on Wheel jack.

*Sigh..* Damn you, you had me all excited there for a millionth of a second. Besides, he's out already.

This was made by Toymaker as a ps proto for stickers on the Allspark boards.

jazz2.jpg

jazzbot.jpg

Sure Martini Porsche team decals look gaudy on the 8, but still...it screams Jazz.

now that's what I'm talking about!! I don't care if it looks ugly. It's just old skool if came like that. And that's how I likes it!! :p:D:lol:

now that's what I'm talking about!! I don't care if it looks ugly. It's just old skool if came like that. And that's how I likes it!! :p:D:lol:

Hmm. I dunno. That scheme doesn't look right to me on the RX8. Besides, that porsche did actually exist. The same goes for the G1 Wheeljack, Smokescreen, etc. schemes.

In fact, I remember KidKorrupt used to have a webpage detailing the real-world cars upon which some TFs were based. That page seems to have been taken down, and he's disappeared... Doeas anyone else know of a page like that?

hmmm, does the "conehead" look on meister bother anyone else....?

CONSUME MASSIVE QUANTITIES (god damn I loved that Subway slogan back when the Coneheads movie was out)!!!!!!!

Hehehehehe. :lol:

All things aside it's a MINOR blemish on another GREAT Binaltech by Takara (take THAT Graham). :D

Oh my god... I've just realised something.

After having a look at pictures of the Takara Jazz TF Collection reissue and looking at the stupid "Agent Meister" labels where it should say "Martinii (sic) Porsche", I've finally realised that Takara are VERY unlikely going to re-release my beloved Wheeljack. The darn car has got LANCIA and ALITALIA written all over the bloody thing!!

Dammit.

I doubt that would be the problem. after all, they did reissue Jazz, didn't they? so if those decals would be a problem, they'd just change the text again.

From what i've read- the problem with a wheeljack reissue is that the moulds are rumoured to be in a very poor state. however, they said that about Soundwave and Hound...

I'm gonna have to say I prefere Jazz without the Martinii Porsche racing stripes all over him. Looks tacky on this particular car. Also the "conehead" thing doesn't bother me at all. I rather like it. I certainly don't think it makes him look like a conehead, considering that is not at all attached to his head.

However, this is the first time I've noticed that they changed Jazz's face, and that makes the baby Jesus weep. Jazz has a visor, it's a part of the character, why did they have ti change it? He does not look right without the visor. It's still a great looking toy, but I'll always think it could have looked so much better.

I've said it once and twice and I'll say it again, these binaltechs need shoulder cannons like the originals had!! At least tracks has the missle launchers, but these would look so cool if they had the shoulder cannons. :p:D:lol:

I'm gonna have to say I prefere Jazz without the Martinii Porsche racing stripes all over him. Looks tacky on this particular car. Also the "conehead" thing doesn't bother me at all. I rather like it. I certainly don't think it makes him look like a conehead, considering that is not at all attached to his head.

However, this is the first time I've noticed that they changed Jazz's face, and that makes the baby Jesus weep. Jazz has a visor, it's a part of the character, why did they have ti change it? He does not look right without the visor. It's still a great looking toy, but I'll always think it could have looked so much better.

I think it does have a visor, remember on the proto types it was removable?

Don't see why Nissan wouldn't allow hasbro or Takara to do a 350Z or anything. I work for nissan and I see 350Z daily, very very daily :p hell I love driving those things around for kicks!

It'd be almost the same type of transformation I think as all the others, if I could I'd try to work on something for a transformation if I had some sort of a cool program like lightwave or something...or like something to cut and slice pieces and than use CGI to make the robotics of the autobot parts.

Don't see why Nissan wouldn't allow hasbro or Takara to do a 350Z or anything. I work for nissan and I see 350Z daily, very very daily :p hell I love driving those things around for kicks!

It'd be almost the same type of transformation I think as all the others, if I could I'd try to work on something for a transformation if I had some sort of a cool program like lightwave or something...or like something to cut and slice pieces and than use CGI to make the robotics of the autobot parts.

Takara does have and make 350Zs. Onyl in the Choro Q form. They make DigiQs, Pull back versions of the Concept and production versions and most recently they made the convertible version.

How about this as an Autobot?

man that car looks like it could be cliffjumper that got pancaked by two decepticons. :p:D:lol:

:lol::lol: i can picture that car turning every corner it takes and flipping on its side :lol::lol: what autobot would we call such a goofy looking car anyhow? Wheelie?