4 hours ago, kalvasflam said:

I am kinda curious about the strike thing.  I mean the actor's guild I understand.  But would a production stop for a writer's guild strike?  Presumably the writing (meaning the script an variants thereof) for the movie is already done and ready, right?

Not for every movie or show in production, and that doesn't take into account rewrites during shooting that the writer's are under contract to perform and supply. And yes, perhaps one show is getting wrapped up, but being part of a Union means that when the other guy in your Union strikes, you strike too, whether the show you are on is done or not.

17 hours ago, kalvasflam said:

I am kinda curious about the strike thing.  I mean the actor's guild I understand.  But would a production stop for a writer's guild strike?  Presumably the writing (meaning the script a variants thereof) for the movie is already done and ready, right?

There are some out of country productions that use different unions and those won’t be affected. If I remember the British shows and movies are an example. Although that may change if those unions decide to join in

1 hour ago, Big s said:

There are some out of country productions that use different unions and those won’t be affected. If I remember the British shows and movies are an example. Although that may change if those unions decide to join in

If memory serves, British productions are unaffected by the strike and continuing as usual.  However, they are aware of what's going on overseas, and in general won't let any of the parties involved in the strike evade it by switching to a British production site.  I think Canada is in the same boat.

However, because of how mixed and muddled productions in English-speaking countries are (e.g. UK actors in US productions, and vice-versa) it's hard to say that the overseas ones are entirely unaffected.

22 hours ago, kalvasflam said:

But would a production stop for a writer's guild strike?  Presumably the writing (meaning the script an variants thereof) for the movie is already done and ready, right?

Not necessarily. Writing can take place during production. 'Happens all the time.

Example, during production, actors mess-up their lines (hence the famous outakes & blooper reels), so the actor goes up to the director and discusses the dialog. The director says let's shoot it again as is. The director sees and hears it being said during the take and agrees; the dialog, as written, doesn't work. The writer is also on set, sees and hears their script, now being produced in film. Agrees with the director and actor; the dialog doesn't work. So the writer rips out the page and starts rewriting the dialog to better convey the dialog of the scene.

Another example. After multiple tries, this one scene doesn't come out right. They'll shoot it later when everyone is happy. Problem is, production has already started. But thanks to the miracle of editing, they can stitch it up in post-production. When the writer and director is happy with the scene on the page, they finally shoot it. Unfortunately, it's been 2..3 weeks since they filmed that whole act of the production. But, thanks to the miracle of editing, they can insert that scene into the act, after the writer worked things out.

This is why production slowly starts coming to a halt when the writers went on strike. They can film up to a certain point, but since writing still happens during production, they can only film what's on the page (hence the old adage, "If it ain’t on the page, it ain’t on the stage"). After that point, they will have filmed everything on the page and if a portion of the production requires re-writing or to have something new written in, they need writers, who are on strike.

18 hours ago, Thom said:

Not for every movie or show in production, and that doesn't take into account rewrites during shooting that the writer's are under contract to perform and supply. And yes, perhaps one show is getting wrapped up, but being part of a Union means that when the other guy in your Union strikes, you strike too, whether the show you are on is done or not.

Well said.  To the point.

• sh9000 changed the title to Deadpool 3 - July 26, 2024
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/5/2023 at 1:12 AM, sh9000 said:
  Hide contents

FFE7F095-DACF-4A17-B15D-5999DEDFD032.jpeg.36c43fb1a2b770974892f90d3f357461.jpeg

Moon Knight, Sabretooth, Toad, and Red Skull.

Spoiler

Looks like Wolvie has a couple of Deadpools swords sticking out of him.

Edited by mark-1s
Spoiler

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • sh9000 changed the title to Deadpool & Wolverine - July 26, 2024

Looks awesome, and hilarious! Will this save the MCU? Highly doubtful, one movie can't do that. Will it make a billion? Probably, but that was pre-determined, people are in for this because its Deadpool 3, not because it's now an MCU film, this was always going to make money. 

44 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

Looks awesome, and hilarious! Will this save the MCU? Highly doubtful, one movie can't do that. Will it make a billion? Probably, but that was pre-determined, people are in for this because its Deadpool 3, not because it's now an MCU film, this was always going to make money. 

MCU needs to go anti-MCU to save it. DP&W and Thunderbolts could be a good start.

3 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

MCU needs to go anti-MCU to save it. DP&W and Thunderbolts could be a good start.

They just need to get away from the multiverse and get a good writing team. The multiverse thing works ok for more comedic stories, but is really annoying beyond that.

4 hours ago, Tking22 said:

It’s definitely a Deadpool thing, but I think a lot of people want that Wolverine action as well 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...