PLAMAX 1/72 VF-1 Valkyrie

TMBounty_Hunter

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Big s said:

If you wanted to fix it it could just take a quick bit of masking and some red paint, or you could do some battle damage since Hikaru gets shot down a lot

Misa and Minmei don't count. :p

Edited by pengbuzz

19 minutes ago, GMK said:

Extracts from the Macross special Hobby Japan, with machine translation added. 

8CSMkDi.png

uAW1OAW.png

28Pp9zY.jpeg

And together with its fighter-mode counterpart. 

u4mfZ04.jpeg

It’s weird that nobody likes to show off the lower body mobility. The upper is pretty good especially Roth that an crunch, but the legs surprisingly don’t need the help to move around 

3 hours ago, GMK said:

And a VF-1S custom. 

I knew this was gonna happen. It looks great, but I’ll wait till the official 1S happens, especially since I’m already pretty deep in a backlog 

7 minutes ago, VF-1A Grunt said:

Looks like that’s the sticker version, just FYI. It’s a good price, but I’d want to find decals for it, personally.

Some of the upcoming releases have multiple decals. Like the Max/ Kakizaki 1A. I don’t remember if the sticker only first kit had a 1A head as well, but if it does, you could use the spares on it and have one for both pilots

9 hours ago, Big s said:

Some of the upcoming releases have multiple decals. Like the Max/ Kakizaki 1A. I don’t remember if the sticker only first kit had a 1A head as well, but if it does, you could use the spares on it and have one for both pilots

Those decals sets unfortunately only have one set of the standard markings, so the only extra decals are the ones that have the specific colors for the two pilot options. You might be able to get a set of generic markings from eBay or another source.

10997594n5.jpg

The other option could be to use one of the Hasegawa sets that had both full color and low visibility markings, although they might need to be trimmed to fit the Plamax model in some locations.

7 hours ago, GMK said:

The Hikaru TV fighter has been bumped to July. 

Just got that notification as well. I think the delays are pretty much every release now. Although this delay is for a kit that has one be piece and a different set of decals and a new box and I guess a new pilot figure for the series.Kinda odd for it to need a delay without a major change

6 hours ago, Big s said:

Just got that notification as well. I think the delays are pretty much every release now. Although this delay is for a kit that has one be piece and a different set of decals and a new box and I guess a new pilot figure for the series.Kinda odd for it to need a delay without a major change

This seems to be happening across a lot of Good Smile's product lines. A few years ago they made the decision to shift a lot of production from China back to Japan, and that caused a bunch of delays initially and maybe that has continued, but I also think they are dealing with some variable quality control issues at the factories in China that they still use. I've seen delays with Max Factory, Nendoroid, Moderoid, Figma, and Pop Up Parade orders. It's usually just an additional month, but a few times it's been several months.

2 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

This seems to be happening across a lot of Good Smile's product lines. A few years ago they made the decision to shift a lot of production from China back to Japan, and that caused a bunch of delays initially and maybe that has continued, but I also think they are dealing with some variable quality control issues at the factories in China that they still use. I've seen delays with Max Factory, Nendoroid, Moderoid, Figma, and Pop Up Parade orders. It's usually just an additional month, but a few times it's been several months.

It’s kinda been hitting a lot of companies, mostly smaller ones that seem to deal with out of country manufacturing lately. I just thought that in this particular case it would be a very simple release since only the head and pilot are different as far as needing new molds

14 hours ago, Big s said:

It’s kinda been hitting a lot of companies, mostly smaller ones that seem to deal with out of country manufacturing lately. I just thought that in this particular case it would be a very simple release since only the head and pilot are different as far as needing new molds

Agreed. I've seen it across a lot of orders from a lot of companies, and all of those companies are much smaller than Bandai. The Sentinel RIOBOT Voltron Legendary Defender was supposed to ship last month, but now it's delayed until September due to "quality and production issues."

Yeah, you would think with that small of a set of changes to the kit, and that Good Smile already has the production quality dialed in based on the previous release, it would be simple and relatively fast to do this one.