I wonder if Kurisama could be convinced to take his gun pod carriages and modify them into jammers (like the MJ-1B lift truck). I would be likely to buy those, and I'd probably make a display of them racing... Flightline guys are nuts...

I wonder if Kurisama could be convinced to take his gun pod carriages and modify them into jammers (like the MJ-1B lift truck). I would be likely to buy those, and I'd probably make a display of them racing... Flightline guys are nuts...

That would be great and I'd also buy one....I bought the one made by HobbyMaster.....it's 1/72 but still scales well....

gallery_12176_633_64219.jpg

gallery_12176_633_104197.jpg

Honestly I had to ask my dad for help finding the number. He found a 1/48th scale model, but we didn't see anything smaller. That's really cool that it's out there.

Where did you get the materials to make your diorama? Is it mostly prebuilt stuff or did you custom make it?

Thanks David!

BTW...I also picked up a couple of ground crew sets from HHow Toys.....they interested me because they were made of pewter, however, the bad part is they seem to come without bases....which translates to having to probably glue them in place or having to create your own small bases for them to "stay upright".....

Here they are....paint apps are OK, but the Rabbit Club figs look way more detailed....leaving them in their packaging for now....

gallery_12176_633_698339.jpg

gallery_12176_633_1219403.jpg

gallery_12176_633_1429876.jpg

Honestly I had to ask my dad for help finding the number. He found a 1/48th scale model, but we didn't see anything smaller. That's really cool that it's out there.

Where did you get the materials to make your diorama? Is it mostly prebuilt stuff or did you custom make it?

Everything is pre-built/painted and available online or on ebay.....the HobbyMaster items are the only ones that are discontinued, so they are a bit tougher to find....most is 1/72 scale....

Some of the companies to look for are HobbyMaster and HHow Toys for the ground crews and vehicles.....Kotobukiya and Wave for the hangars....the only "custom' items are the tow tractor/driver and gunpod lift (and some of the ground crew figurines)....these were designed and produced by MW member EXO....

For a long time there was really nothing pre-built available...but that seems to be slowly changing....there are also some really cool "printed" flight deck dioramas on ebay but I have not purchased any to provide an opinion on them....they look nice though...

http://stores.ebay.com/coastal-kits?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

$_57.GIF

$_57.GIF

$_57.GIF

Thanks, that's really cool, I'd really like to do some shelves as cutaways of a hanger deck from each of the different eras, that way I have my dioramas in display cases. I might custom build my display case...

Haha. It grows on you in person... sorta.

it did actually! When I first saw it before release I thought.. what the hell is that!? but now I have grown quite attached to it! Im glad its part of my collection and I display it proudly! And if I didn't already have one I'd certainly buy one now!

:D

OK!! so.. my M&M's and Super Ostrich finally arrived today! And they have all exceeded my expectations! They are all mint & sealed in their original boxes never touched by a human hand (after leaving the factory of course..) The Super Ostrich was a little bit of a worry for me seeing how so many have had cracked and or broken shoulders but this example is perfect! I checked over it and everything is 100%!

Its a fantastic feeling to have one again after I so foolishly gave my first SO away and regretted it ever since! And after seeing how expensive & rare they became in the time afterwards I was so angry with myself..

But I have now learnt my lesson and sure as hell won't be making that mistake ever again!

And now finally having the Max & Milia's VF-1J pair is like a dream come true for me! I've been after these little buggers for quite some time now and the relief of that weight being lifted of my shoulders is immense! And especially considering the pair I got are pretty much brand spanking new and never been previously opened, handled or displayed! Makes it all the more sweet!

I know some of you may think im maybe over reacting a little but the truth is im just racing with emotions right now! Just glancing over at them sitting proudly on display as I type this up I still can't believe they are actually sitting there! I swear the tears are about to break out! Im surprised that its all effecting me this way! Max & Milia are everything I hoped for and more! They are just gorgeous! I think its gonna be a late night tonight! Lots of gazing and admiring!

So now my VF-1 collection is finally complete! I don't think there is really anything that im wanting or missing.. Maybe a few more doubles would be nice and the incoming GBP sets will still be welcome as it gives me a few more display options..

Its taken a long while and a lot of money but we're there now!

20150407_173844.jpg

20150407_190627.jpg

20150407_190523.jpg

20150407_190558.jpg
Edited by spanner76

Looks great man. Glad your shoulders are in tact - did not know that about the M&M box

I need more fp stands :D haha

yeah i was kinda panicking about the shoulders for a bit there but was prepared to accept it however it came.. there was no mention of their condition in the auction listing but thankfully they are both perfectly ok! Not even the faintest sign of stress or anything! Such a relief!

I need more stands too! Haha! But not sure if Carlos has anything other than 4" available yet.. might go check. :/

Edited by spanner76

Guest davidwhangchoi

OK!! so.. my M&M's and Super Ostrich finally arrived today! And they have all exceeded my expectations! They are all mint & sealed in their original boxes never touched by a human hand (after leaving the factory of course..) The Super Ostrich was a little bit of a worry for me seeing how so many have had cracked and or broken shoulders but this example is perfect! I checked over it and everything is 100%!

Its a fantastic feeling to have one again after I so foolishly gave my first SO away and regretted it ever since! And after seeing how expensive & rare they became in the time afterwards I was so angry with myself..

But I have now learnt my lesson and sure as hell won't be making that mistake ever again!

And now finally having the Max & Milia's VF-1J pair is like a dream come true for me! I've been after these little buggers for quite some time now and the relief of that weight being lifted of my shoulders is immense! And especially considering the pair I got are pretty much brand spanking new and never been previously opened, handled or displayed! Makes it all the more sweet!

I know some of you may think im maybe over reacting a little but the truth is im just racing with emotions right now! Just glancing over at them sitting proudly on display as I type this up I still can't believe they are actually sitting there! I swear the tears are about to break out! Im surprised that its all effecting me this way! Max & Milia are everything I hoped for and more! They are just gorgeous! I think its gonna be a late night tonight! Lots of gazing and admiring!

So now my VF-1 collection is finally complete! I don't think there is really anything that im wanting or missing.. Maybe a few more doubles would be nice and the incoming GBP sets will still be welcome as it gives me a few more display options..

Its taken a long while and a lot of money but we're there now!

20150407_173844.jpg

20150407_190627.jpg

20150407_190523.jpg

20150407_190558.jpg

why do you have such nice things :( i'm so jealous B))

Yeah I need to slap fast packs on my virgin road, or hunt down a max haha.

I need a brownie of some kind too.

The virgin road is fine without packs imo, plus it was never on screen that way. I left packs off of mine, I mean who weaponizes a wedding?!? :p