1/48 Enigma Custom

Kurt

Hey everyone! Here is my 1/48 Custom Enigma completed. I should have the Fast Packs next week so I can really complete this valk. You can see in progress images here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...=ST&f=24&t=4050

Let me know what you think. And for those of you that may be interested, if you provide the valk and the decals I am willing to do these on commission. Just PM me for a quote. Thanks again and enjoy the following images.

post-4-1073073785_thumb.jpg

That is totally awsome. what kind of tape should i use if i can't find the tamaya stuff??? kurt???

If you can't find the Tamiya tape, maybe try the blue masking tape found in the paint department of home improvement stores. I know that is not as tacy as regular masking tape, but you should still be careful before using it. Test it first to make sure that it won't pull up any paint. If it does, stick it to a cutting board or a piece of glass first to remove some tackiness.

great work Kurt! Did you clear coat the paint job? The paints you used, are they water-based?

Thanks! Here are the layers that were applied - laquer primer, Gunze Sangyo acrylic (water-base). two coats of future and then a coat of Polly-S flat (water-base).

Well, your efforts paid off. This is easily the best 1/48 custom I've seen and it will be a tough act to follow. It looks very sharp and the colors very much suit the Valkyrie. Great pictures too (though you gotta pick some more dramatic poses). This looks so good, I may spend some of my christmas money on a custom from ya.

Well, your efforts paid off. This is easily the best 1/48 custom I've seen and it will be a tough act to follow. It looks very sharp and the colors very much suit the Valkyrie. Great pictures too (though you gotta pick some more dramatic poses). This looks so good, I may spend some of my christmas money on a custom from ya.

Thanks! Let me know about doing a custom for you. If you provide me the valk I will do anything you would like.

:o

Damn thats gorgeous !!!

Very unique custom, VERY nice job !

Kurt,

My favorite custom 1/48 from the ones I've seen so far. Jung's CF 1/48 is a close 2nd though.

I wish my bank would inflate right now so I can send you and Jung a case of 1/48s each for commission work.

I can't wait to see you finish off the Fast Packs!

Edited by Neova

(jaw drops to floor)whoa

J.J.

Edited by brainiac_08