• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Original and updated X-Men covers.

Huh.  Kinda prefer the old one.  It has more of a penciled look.  The new one looks like too much work was done on computers, and winds up kind of cartoony.

Speaking of cartoons... really looking forward to the X-Men '97 cartoon on Disney+.  As a kid and teenager I loved the X-Men, and I consider the period from the mid '80s to the late '90s to be peak X-Men.  Things started going downhill around Onslaught, but I stuck it out for awhile (and I did enjoy a few stories like House of M), but X-Men and related books became basically unreadable to me since Messiah Complex.

9 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

The new one looks like too much work was done on computers, and winds up kind of cartoony.

I think that was the point

10 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

As a kid and teenager I loved the X-Men, and I consider the period from the mid '80s to the late '90s to be peak X-Men.

For me it was up til early 90’s. I personally couldn’t afford all the constant crossovers and pretty much all the talent left to form image. When I thought about getting back into it when I got my first job in the late 90’s the look was totally off putting to me and I never got back into reading them

15 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

Huh.  Kinda prefer the old one.  It has more of a penciled look.  The new one looks like too much work was done on computers, and winds up kind of cartoony.

Speaking of cartoons... really looking forward to the X-Men '97 cartoon on Disney+.  As a kid and teenager I loved the X-Men, and I consider the period from the mid '80s to the late '90s to be peak X-Men.  Things started going downhill around Onslaught, but I stuck it out for awhile (and I did enjoy a few stories like House of M), but X-Men and related books became basically unreadable to me since Messiah Complex.

Except for the cheek bones on Cyke being kinda goofy the original is FAR superior to the new one.

I think the animation on the new show looks absolutely terrible too.

15 hours ago, Big s said:

For me it was up til early 90’s. I personally couldn’t afford all the constant crossovers and pretty much all the talent left to form image. When I thought about getting back into it when I got my first job in the late 90’s the look was totally off putting to me and I never got back into reading them

The art itself was good too but once they cut Claremont and installed Lee, etc... as the eriters the stories went to garbage and there was no direction.  I blame them for the downslide of the X-Men up to and including today.  X-Men #1 and on there was zero plan and less and less real substance.

16 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

Same.  I'm also looking forward to the new cartoon.  I also loved the X-Men comics that I grew up with in the 80's and 90's.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...