Robotech Academy - You want a new Robotech series...?

Yeah, so, WB is essentially squatting on RT like HG is squatting on Macross. Amusing.

Let it never be said that poetic justice does not exist in this world.

Far from making Robotech a "tentpole" franchise and "fast-tracking" the movie, the last writer associated with the project had zero experience writing for the silver screen and as a novelist exclusively specialized in writing cold war-era murder mysteries about the murder of children in Soviet Russia. The only director willing to tentatively associate himself with the project was an industry virgin whose only experience was directing commercials.

Sooner or later, someone in the upper levels of Harmony Gold management has to cotton on to the fact that Robotech just does not attract competent people.

Note, he said "there will still be animated Robotech." Animated Robotech already exists, and I don't see why the kickstarter failing would cause every copy of said series to spontaneously combust.

Now, if he had bothered to clarify new animated Robotech, that might be different. All he did was confirm that, yes, in the 80s, there was this animated show called Robotech that you can still find DVDs of. :p

And they're filming the Jem movie right now. Just saying.

... and now I actually feel bad for Harmony Gold.

VIA FB........

Now, since Harmony Gold is notorious for their doublespeak and half-truths... does that actually mean that Harmony Gold won't give up on trying to produce terrible new animation that makes them look like the industry's unfunniest joke, or does it mean the company plans to carry on re-releasing the same stuff they've released a dozen times before?

Survey says the latter is more likely.

Note, he said "there will still be animated Robotech." Animated Robotech already exists, and I don't see why the kickstarter failing would cause every copy of said series to spontaneously combust.

Can we Kickstart that? The spontaneous combustion of all of the horrid "original" Robotech material?

If so, I'd pledge a few grand in a heartbeat. Most of the old comics are so awful, consigning them to a fire would be better than they deserve.

All I know is that people have failed a lot less than Yune and Co. and been fired for it. So why the hell are they still being allowed to push their 1/4-assed ideas? I actually kinda feel bad for the RT fanbase, this is bordering on mental anguish.

I just realized this whole thread is pointless.

The first post should have just been "no".

Millions of bandswidths died to give us this information.

Be honest, you and many others here would be thinking differently if this was funded, even if most of it would be fueled by fan rage for at least a year afterwards. Besides, most of us were not even part of the situation anyway. It mostly relied on those with an actual emotional and financial investment in the franchise to help make the most important decision concerning this ordeal. We just watch it unfold as a spectator sport, like shipping. Edited by Einherjar

Be honest, you and many others here would be thinking differently if this was funded, ...

If the queen had balls, she would be king. "What ifs" are not a real argument.

I'm kinda amazed this thread has gone 46 pages and it hasn't devolved into the usual insult/name calling nonsense we usually see in the Robotech threads here.

I noticed that too. I think many of us have grown up a little. Most of the fans from the days when RT was on the air are in their mid 30's now.

I'm kinda amazed this thread has gone 46 pages and it hasn't devolved into the usual insult/name calling nonsense we usually see in the Robotech threads here.

Most of the people who used to instigate all the insults and name calling nonsense have been perma-banned by now.

Seto, your boy Treiz is a real gem. He just trashed Knights of Sidonia. I have to wonder if he and DuelGundam aren't the same person; they both trash stuff that is good and claim to love stuff that is bad.

Just finished reading the Pledge Levels for the Robotech Takeover KS... Man, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Totally worth the read. I can see this latest RT/KS fiasco ending up as a sidebar skit on 'Family Guy'.

Just finished reading the Pledge Levels for the Robotech Takeover KS... Man, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Totally worth the read. I can see this latest RT/KS fiasco ending up as a sidebar skit on 'Family Guy'.

I honestly don't know who that would be more insulting to... HG, or Family Guy. :lol:

I dunno, A1. Every RT thread goes that way. It's why they're always locked.

I don't know how anyone clamoring for Robotech can complain about KoS... but then again since this thread started I've seen links to stuff like Why Robotech is better than Macross... one reason is because it's longer... lol.

Want another good laugh? Go read the fourth most recent comment on the RTA kickstarter page where someone is arguing that Knights of Sidonia is inferior to Robotech. Now that's funny.

Edited by anime52k8

Want another good laugh? Go read the fourth most recent comment on the RTA kickstarter page where someone is arguing that Knights of Sidonia is inferior to Robotech. Now that's funny.

That's Treiz

WTF... the guy skipped thru the series, watched clips of the whole thing in 3 hours and says it's doesn't make sense and inconsistent... don't make me say this word... must... not...

RETARDED!!!

I'm going to be shocked and appalled if this thread doesn't get locked after a heated RT/Macross debate!

Dammit that's what it's supposed do!

Sounds like you miss the flame wars

It is truly outrageous that a Jem movie is getting made before Robotech. :D

That's ironic, when Robotech was pulled from my local TV network way back in 1986, they replaced it's timeslot with Jem. As a kid, I was less than impressed by this genius move.

Seto, your boy Treiz is a real gem. He just trashed Knights of Sidonia. I have to wonder if he and DuelGundam aren't the same person; they both trash stuff that is good and claim to love stuff that is bad.

Yeah, that boy's a real character... he's renowned for what could only charitably be called terrible debate practices, often falling back on that kind of half-arsed "research" and a refusal to acknowledge objective reality when it conflicts with his opinion. That would be why he's generally unwelcome anywhere other than Robotech.com. He was actually a big cause of people ending up with temporary bans on Robotech.com back when that site had actual people on it, because he's so irritating that even people who were quite calm would lose their temper the minute he started offering his unique brand of "help".

All the same... there's still no accounting for taste. Some people, like the late khyron_prime, thought Robotech 3000 was the crap (instead of just plain crap like everyone else).

I know. I read it while I was in the high voltage lab at work and couldn't help but laugh out loud.

WTF... the guy skipped thru the series, watched clips of the whole thing in 3 hours and says it's doesn't make sense and inconsistent... don't make me say this word... must... not...

RETARDED!!!

Oddly enough, that's a pretty common practice whenever a Robotech fan wants to claim that they've "seen" a show for the sole purpose of belittling it to make Robotech look better (in their opinion).

Several of them, including dougbendo, did exactly that with Macross Frontier... which was part of what prompted their bizarre, almost surreal series of accusations that Macross Frontier fans were pedophiles because Ranka wasn't the age the show says she is (in the name of defending Shadow Chronicles, of all the insane things). I've seen them attempt this with a few Macross shows, Full Metal Panic! the Second Raid, Gundam 00, Outlaw Star, Blue Gender, and Cowboy Bebop.

All the same... there's still no accounting for taste. Some people, like the late khyron_prime, thought Robotech 3000 was the crap (instead of just plain crap like everyone else).

Is KP actually dead or just offline in a big way? (He's the pie-boy, isn't he?)

I'm going to be shocked and appalled if this thread doesn't get locked after a heated RT/Macross debate!

Dammit that's what it's supposed do!

Somehow I don't think that's going to happen this time... Robotech has reached a level of pathetic so dire that it's honestly hard to respond to it with anything other than exasperation at the "true believers" poor pattern recognition skills, pity for those who bet on the pallet of dog food that was a losing horse thirty years ago in the hopes of seeing something new, and the slight restoration of one's faith in humanity that so very many Robotech fans are straight-up refusing to pledge because they see what Harmony Gold is doing.

Is KP actually dead or just offline in a big way? (He's the pie-boy, isn't he?)

Reportedly, he has genuinely shuffled off this mortal coil.

(One of his friends posted that he had passed on the Palladium forums back in May)

Edited by Seto Kaiba