Have we already seen this pic of q rau?

Shaggydog

It looks kinda like the Yamato sculpt pic that was shown before. But January? Where was the source from? A magazine? Could be a phtotshop job.

Graham? Have they made you hold out on this? :p

If that's it that is.

Edited by Anubis

DYRL/TV war again. Why is it red it should be green/brown!!! :)

They are supposedly going to release multiple color schemes.

Damn , is that really the yammie Q-Rau ? it looks wonderful :blink:

I wonder why there´s isn´t another 6 pages on this thread already , things like this attract a lot of attention :huh:

It looks okay to me but I would expect that because it is not all that complicated to design like a transforming valkyrie. It's also not as interesting as a valkyrie IMO. I still wouldn't mind having one but not for that price. That's almost as much as the tricked out 1/48! My excitement and cash is reserved for the new Mac+ and Mac0 valks.

Damn , is that really the yammie Q-Rau ? it looks wonderful :blink:

I wonder why there´s isn´t another 6 pages on this thread already , things like this attract a lot of attention :huh:

In the last weeks I had notice MW is in slow motion... looks like everybody is worried about the Christmas presents.

Interesting...

I don't know why but I always like things more when they are unpainted. Like the Optimus Prime. So this is going to come in Red and Blue? I wish they would do the TV version, it always looked more menacing. I cant wait to see the M&M figures that goes inside, Hopefully those will be articulted as well. They should get the guy that sculpted the CM figures... overall its nice to see some progress if that is indeed the Yamato Q-rau.

Looks cool if that's the final product. Finally something that isn't a VF.

IIRC the colors are supposed to be DYRL only. Red, Blue and Purple. No TV green unless something changes.

I really don't know why Yamato is even bothering with a Max Q-rau. They'd sell more if they were the green TV type.

Sorry, a tad more info I should have included. It's definitely the Yamato 1/60 (saw that on the page where I got the picture). The website where the picture appeared was some sort of catalog, probably for retailers.

I couldn't remember if we'd already seen this painted version, which (from your responses) I guess we hadn't. I'm very excited for this toy! Yamato did an excellent job on the Giant Robo, which was also a diecast nontransforming robot. It really is a shame that thing didn't sell better.

I wonder why Yamato wants to release toys in DYRL version.

They probably think the movie is more important than the TV series.

But for me, it's the opposite. I'm very disappointed by their choice.

They're going to release a blue one? Is it a joke? It's seen 5 secondes in the movie while the green one is seen 10 hours. There mus be something wrong somewhere (either Yamato or your sources)

I wonder why Yamato wants to release toys in DYRL version.

They probably think the movie is more important than the TV series.

But for me, it's the opposite. I'm very disappointed by their choice.

They're going to release a blue one? Is it a joke? It's seen 5 secondes in the movie while the green one is seen 10 hours. There mus be something wrong somewhere (either Yamato or your sources)

Oh come on. You do know that Kawamori loves his DYRL designs. Given the big budget of the movie, he was able to redesign/reanimate the key mecha to his liking. Just accept it, DYRL is the VISUAL reference of Space War 1, with the TV series being the STORY reference.

Back on topic: I think the toy looks pretty good. I hope the final paint scheme is not as "shiny". Definitely going to get this enemy mecha piece in Millia bright RED! Will go well with my 1/60 Max.

Edited by PC Valkyrie

The Queadlun Rau looks nice.

But I think it is a bit TOO PRICEY ;) . The Strike Fast Pack VF-1S only cost $75 back then <_<

Also the New GBP VF-1J only cost $99

For a Queadlun Rau that does not transform, plus I am guessing the missiles can not be taken off from the should or leg pieces just does not add up to anything over $100 IMHO :ph34r:

The Queadlun Rau looks nice.

But I think it is a bit TOO PRICEY ;) . The Strike Fast Pack VF-1S only cost $75 back then <_<

Also the New GBP VF-1J only cost $99

For a Queadlun Rau that does not transform, plus I am guessing the missiles can not be taken off from the should or leg pieces just does not add up to anything over $100 IMHO :ph34r:

Just remember though, that even if it says 1/60, the Q-rau will be larger than even a 1/48 valk.

Price is imo, justified.

Damn... kinda pricey! Yeah it's big, but it should be largely hollow and doesn't transform.

January?? Reminds me how much in the dark we are about what's happening... maybe if I had babelcrapped that last Yamato newsletter... ;)

Just remember though, that even if it says 1/60, the Q-rau will be larger than even a 1/48 valk.

Price is imo, justified.

It is bigger than the 1/48?? So you are saying the 1/60 is even bigger than the actual 1/48... :blink:

LOL.. here we go again...

at it's current scale of 1/60 the Q-Rau still stands a couple of inches taller than the 1/48 scaled VF-1.

Oh come on.  You do know that Kawamori loves his DYRL designs.  Given the big budget of the movie, he was able to redesign/reanimate the key mecha to his liking.

Miyatake designed the Q-Rau for the TV series; I assume he also did the TV redesign. But you're probably right that whoever has say-so likes the updated versions better.

Unfortunately, I don't. But I'll still probably pick up one Q-Rau. Definitely not the Max, but not sure if I'll go for the red Millia or a standard-issue. If the latter is green, that might be close enough to the TV version to tip the scales.

And yes, it will be bigger than a 1/48. From the Compendium, height overall = 17.1 m (not sure if that's measured to the top of the antenna or top of the body). At 1/60 scale, that comes to 28.5 cm, or over 11". The 1/48 VF-1 is only 26.5 cm tall in battroid mode. (Compendium toy production page.)

Ooohhh... :o

Me drools at the sight of dat beauty!!! Can't wait till I get one. ;)

Price is imo, justified.

It is bigger than the 1/48?? So you are saying the 1/60 is even bigger than the actual 1/48... :blink:

LOL.. here we go again...

at it's current scale of 1/60 the Q-Rau still stands a couple of inches taller than the 1/48 scaled VF-1.

Not only taller, the Q-rau has girth. VF-1 is a skinny little thing by comparison.

*add-- I never knew the knees on the Q-rau had missile launchers too. That thing is decked out.

Edited by imode