Strike A Pose! revisted...

dapro

When I first came across these anniversary liveries, they look so far removed from what a typical real jet would look like until I stumbled upon actual anniversary liveries of various air forces. JASDF squadrons appear to be pretty prolific and they have some of the most colorful ones.

That said this 30th Anniversary 1J look good enough to my eyes without the additional stickers. On other hand the 35th Anniversary one just looks too plain without them. 

Just now, sh9000 said:

I love when a well done pose is put together.

I think I did that one with your DX fig...if I have a few minutes I'll redo using your HMR

Again, the posing capabilities have come a log way from the 1/55 days....still much respect for the old school toys though! :drinks:

• 4 weeks later...

The very first pic I took of my very first modern valk toy I acquired years ago. I was so impressed by it especially as compared to the KO toys I had as a kid, and the collection quickly ballooned, and grew even more into all sorts of other titles. It's been quite a journey since..

VF-25FGerwalkNRM2-b2v2nt.JPG.a977cc7d59ee57aaf0a1d6dade8cf779.JPG

On 8/22/2023 at 9:39 AM, MKT said:

The very first pic I took of my very first modern valk toy I acquired years ago. I was so impressed by it especially as compared to the KO toys I had as a kid, and the collection quickly ballooned, and grew even more into all sorts of other titles. It's been quite a journey since..

VF-25FGerwalkNRM2-b2v2nt.JPG.a977cc7d59ee57aaf0a1d6dade8cf779.JPG

Old glossy still looks pretty good!

7 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Old glossy still looks pretty good!

It’s too bad it’s now yellowed as heck, due to improper sunlight exposure during the early days of collecting. Hence the 25F Revival came at a good time. 

3 hours ago, enphily said:

image.jpeg.52f50fbaa5a1ab9c92f5f2a135f7ea57.jpeg

Great pic! :wub: Waiting Bandai release the Revival Alto Armor. Love this more than the Delta ones.

^^ Very nice...  I've got a confession. I didn't much like the Arcadia VF-0D in earlier days of collecting, compared to the 0S/0A. I thought delta wing on the VF-0 body look strange, and Battroid just seems dysfunctional with those huge wings hanging off the back and blocking movement of the legs.

Gradually, I came around and got to like its uniqueness, and now with this HMR VF-0D, Battroid-wise it looks miles better than the HMR VF-0S. I think partly it's because of the shorter wings option, and we are seeing more of it in dynamic poses that we don't see the Arcadia's in (likely due to lack of stand for the Arcadia).

28 minutes ago, MKT said:

^^ Very nice...  I've got a confession. I didn't much like the Arcadia VF-0D in earlier days of collecting, compared to the 0S/0A. I thought delta wing on the VF-0 body look strange, and Battroid just seems dysfunctional with those huge wings hanging off the back and blocking movement of the legs.

Gradually, I came around and got to like its uniqueness, and now with this HMR VF-0D, Battroid-wise it looks miles better than the HMR VF-0S. I think partly it's because of the shorter wings option, and we are seeing more of it in dynamic poses that we don't see the Arcadia's in (likely due to lack of stand for the Arcadia).

Felt the same. Always loved the 0D in plane, but it's battroid always left me with some question marks, especially Arcadia's attempts. 

But this HMR nails for me as the wings don't go below the knees, and that stand... magnifect!!! 

• 2 weeks later...

IMHO the nicest Gerwalk mode for any VF belongs to the VF-0D, and the HMR toy makes it exactly that. This is one area where the HMR VF-0 is miles improved over the HMR VF-1, allowing some really aggressive stance whilst keeping both feet firmly on the ground. :wub:

HMRVF-0DGerwalkNRM2-b2v4_1nt.jpg.88a2e746d587ea2121a934dae671a546.jpg

Spoiler

Just including an alternate pic, showing how different lighting and processing really makes the color very different..

HMRVF-0DGerwalkAltNRM2-b2nt.jpg.0a1508ca0b4f21cfea8ccd6125c80834.jpg

Edited by MKT