Macross 7

Roy's Blues

Wow this thread is still going? You think the rock star mecha (if not the guitar control stick) was bad... look in at the Kawamori Macross Designworks and look that he had apparently originally wanted the valkyrie itself to hold a guitar! :ph34r:;)

Macronized turkey? :lol:

Was it ever said WHAT the Zentraedi originally ate? Some sort of Matrix-esque nutrion paste? Or relatively normal food?

Unless we go for some disgusting "glop in a glass"....I think its safe to assume that the Zentraedi ate normal food (at least...something similar to what Earthlings ate). I dont see how they could be integrated with humanity afterwards (or even produce viable offspring) if they ate glop...their stomachs would be too small.

watch until episode 25... then make your decision. First 20 are introductory fillers, for some reason though they get trashed when other series do the same thing, like Ruruoni Kenshin, and people don't mind them.

You do realize that by episode 25, most anime series are one episode from completion, don't you?

If something takes 20 episodes just to start up, then that's a good sign that it just might be a big waste of time.

Where the hell did these giant Chicken or Turkey legs come from?

Isn't that the very same episode that gave us the *ahem* VF-1R and the cigarette-lighting GU-11?

Anime Friend, you suck.

I don't know about the :lol: VF-1R :lol: but I like the giant turkey legs no matter how improbable. And the cigarette-lighting GU-11 is cool, as is the friendly Zentradi who gets his cig lit that way. (I just wouldn't want to be downwind of him while he's lighting up.)

Wow this thread is still going? You think the rock star mecha (if not the guitar control stick) was bad... look in at the Kawamori Macross Designworks and look that he had apparently originally wanted the valkyrie itself to hold a guitar! :ph34r:;)

I know. The concept art is what inspired me to start calling them rockstar mechs.

Talk about killer music...

If something takes 20 episodes just to start up, then that's a good sign that it just might be a big waste of time.

My thoughts exactly. The original Macross series hooked me in the first five minutes, same with Macross Plus. I think this was mainly because they both had a couple often-overlooked things I like to call Story and Character.

The scene where the CF lights the cigarette for the Zentraedi guy had me LMAO!

"The culture is particularly good today." Something like that. What ep # was that again?

Anyway why not macronize some food? Had to feed all those full size Zentraedi somehow.

Is there anything specific (official) about how the miclonizing/macronizing machine works?

Come on Fanboys! Give us reasons for the giant turkey legs! Using Anime Friend as an excuse is a cop out.

Takes swig from mysterious giant wine bottle..............

Looks like a hunk of meat on a stick to me, not a turkeyleg. Quamzin's looks like something stuck on a fork.

Hm. We're getting off-topic...but anyway, not sure about food, but we do know that the Zentradi had beer (or maybe booze?) even before they came into contact with humans. There's mention of this in the first Kamujin episode. IIRC, somebody in his fleet wins an extra booze ration by correctly guessing how many collisions will occur when they fold in next to Britai's ships.

I wonder what would happen if I macronized my cat...

Funny you should ask. I just happen to have a faithful rendition of a drawing I did in my psychology class a few weeks back when I should have been paying attention.

Now here for your amusement, re-drawn in microsoft paint I give you....

BIG KIITY!

post-2-1073374036_thumb.jpg

Edited by Father Jack

I actually liked Macross 7 from the start. It sounded original enough to deserving a view. It would be nicer if it had better graphics, but the CG City Seven in the OP was really neat.

I repeat, I found nothing wrong in the way Macross 7 started.

Well, actually there was one thing wrong. You should never shows a clueless commander, commanders should always mantain a charismatic aura. Evangelion did it right at least with this. You could start the series with the second enemy attack, showing the first in a flashback, but over all this is a minus.

FV

LOL, I acutally have always been disgusted by the horroble stupid things that happened in SDF-Macross, like the giant trukey legs, Hikaur flying in space and sheilded from the -40 kelvin vacum by his scarf... <_< Or how about flying aircraft carriers... <_< Those were lame too. I always loved SDF-M despite these things, but when DYRL came out I was so happy, it was Macross all over again without all the lame sh|t. Then seeing M+ and even M2, I was still pretty happy with the minimal amount of retardedness... That is untill M7.

LOL, I acutally have always been disgusted by the horroble stupid things that happened in SDF-Macross, like the giant trukey legs

A matter of taste; if you don't like it, it could be mystery meat on a stick, or maybe a whole cow's leg. (Might have to squint to believe it.)

, Hikaur flying in space and sheilded from the -40 kelvin vacum by his scarf...

There's no such thing as -40 kelvin. 0 Kelvin is as cold as anything gets. The cold and vacuum of space could both be tolerated if exposure is brief.

So sez NASA. I don't recall how long Hikaru is out there; his flight suit would help somewhat, and the scarf might provide some heat insulation even if its effectiveness in sealing the helmet/suit against the vaccuum is questionable.

Or how about flying aircraft carriers...

May look a little silly but shouldn't be a problem in zero-G, as long as the "arms" don't move too fast. On Earth and Mars, it depends on the strength of the keels and the docking points. The runway/catapult space launches are questionable, but the catapult is arguably a good way to get a Valk moving toward its objective without wasting its onboard reaction mass. In fact, now that I think about it, some form of catapult probably makes more sense than just dropping the Valk a la DYRL.

May look a little silly but shouldn't be a problem in zero-G, as long as the "arms" don't move too fast. On Earth and Mars, it depends on the strength of the keels and the docking points.

If they moved some antigravs from the main ship into the Daedalus and Prometheus, the stresses during planetary landings should be a lot less.

I would assume that was a major priority for the engineering teams as soon as anyone started thinking about landing.

May look a little silly but shouldn't be a problem in zero-G, as long as the "arms" don't move too fast. On Earth and Mars, it depends on the strength of the keels and the docking points.

If they moved some antigravs from the main ship into the Daedalus and Prometheus, the stresses during planetary landings should be a lot less.

I would assume that was a major priority for the engineering teams as soon as anyone started thinking about landing.

Actually what I think he meant was the scenes in the first couple episodes of Macross TV. When Breetai gives the order to fire on the UN Spacy fleet you see a whole bunch of UchuuSenkan Yamato like ships flying in space. Looked pretty stupid...

the possibility of building an aircraft carrier that can exist in space wasn't what I had in question, I was talking about the fact that it is retarted.

and on the temp thing, you know what I meant... It is cold in space, to cold for a flight suit to protect you. and a scarf to "seal" the helmet. :rolleyes: Oh well I still love SDF.

Hikaru wrestling fish in space is silly, but the idea is not entirely impossible. People can survive unprotected in space for very short periods of time, especially if they don't try to hold their breath.

More info here.

I'm not asking for infallibility. I'm just asking that Macross not turn into Pokemon with mecha.

Come on Fanboys! Give us reasons for the giant turkey legs! Using Anime Friend as an excuse is a cop out.

Takes swig from mysterious giant wine bottle..............

I don't see why it's so difficult to believe that Kamjin used a resizing chamber to macronize Earth livestock to provide food for his troops. If Humans can be macronized, why not other living animals such as chicken, sheep, pigs and cows?

In fact, once provisions start running out on board Breetai's remaining ships, it would probably be necessary to macronize Earth animals as a food source for the giant size Zentradi remaining on Earth.

Or perhaps, Zentradi already have some type of giant livestock animal living onboard their ships. Their ships are certainly big enough to have a farm section. Or maybe they have farm planets whose sole purpose is to raise food for the giant Zentradi armies, and the warships just carry ample supplies of frozen food for their long journeys through space (freezers full of giant frozen chicken legs anybody)?

As for the wine, perhaps it is a Zentradi wine bottle, not an Earth wine bottle. I don't think it's too difficult a stretch of imagination to consider that the Zentradi also developed bottles of a similar shape to Earth bottles.

Or another possibility is after the end of Space War 1, with a considerable number of giant size Zentradi living on Earth, the various Earth industries, commercial enterprises etc would also start to produce Zentradi-sized consumer goods to cater to the giant size Zentradi, who are now employed on Earth and thus have spending power.

Graham

Or another possibility is after the end of Space War 1, with a considerable number of giant size Zentradi living on Earth, the various Earth industries, commercial enterprises etc would also start to produce Zentradi-sized consumer goods to cater to the giant size Zentradi, who are now employed on Earth and thus have spending power.

Graham

I think that's the most likely scenario. And its pretty tried and true in reality.

Sucker em in with our culture, then conquer em with capitalism.

Graham

I think that's the most likely scenario. And its pretty tried and true in reality.

Sucker em in with our culture, then conquer em with capitalism.

Heh... if you throw in their love of music and Minmei... it all ties nicely into the theme of Macross and human culture conquering an alien race. ;)

I'm sure that macronizing won't let you do those things. It doesn't create new matter or even transmute elements. It takes DNA-based lifeforms (possibly only humanoids), builds a bigger/smaller version out of materials provided to the chamber (most of which are readily available in the environment), and somehow transfers the consciousness from the original to the new version. (Maybe the core of the brain itself is transferred in toto instead of just being copied. This would avoid some squeamishness over whether the original "dies" during macro/micronization.)

I imagine the construction of the new body is probably done "naturally"--i.e., it's more or less like cloning. If you're concerned about the "square cube law" and the ability of Zentradi to stand up under their weight, we could also imagine that macronization includes constructing a superstrong alloy skeleton within the organic body.

A meatball is made of DNA. :p

Ah! Macranization is considered a "grey area".

Let us dig into the world of Macross to get the real answer. They are Giant Wing Sauro Bird (or whatever it is called) parts from Eden. Look at how well planned out Macross has been. :p:p

post-2-1073522426_thumb.jpg

Edited by Myriad

A meatball is made of DNA. :p

Ah! Macranization is considered a "grey area".

Let us dig into the world of Macross to get the real answer. They Giant Wing Sauro Bird (or whatever it is called) parts from Eden. Look at how well planned out Macross has been.

Dude that isn't 1/10 as retarted as the Kamjin's turkey leg.

I really dont think it is that much of a stretch to believe that the Zentraedi eat something akin to an oversized Ostrich (maybe an evolved dinosaur-like bird). I believe the series is rather silent on whether or not their ships have some kind of advanced hydroponics facilities to allow for this. They have to eat something....and glop isnt exactly what they are shown eating. Its also possible that they are living off of the stored remains of whatever galley they had access to at the time.

I imagine the construction of the new body is probably done "naturally"--i.e., it's more or less like cloning. If you're concerned about the "square cube law" and the ability of Zentradi to stand up under their weight, we could also imagine that macronization includes constructing a superstrong alloy skeleton within the organic body.

i would say its not like cloning but more like dna modifing to be larger while the chamber rapidly causing dna replication to grow the zeny to big boy zeny. could say something very complicated but im not a biologist.

i never belive that a full sized zentran cant stand up on its own weight i see them like as dinosaurs. using what i remember about that thread, if someone goes jurrasic park and clones dinos we be seeing like another horror movie of dino flesh sliding off bones.

LOL, I acutally have always been disgusted by the horroble stupid things that happened in SDF-Macross, like the giant trukey legs, Hikaur flying in space and sheilded from the -40 kelvin vacum by his scarf... <_< Or how about flying aircraft carriers... <_< Those were lame too. I always loved SDF-M despite these things, but when DYRL came out I was so happy, it was Macross all over again without all the lame sh|t. Then seeing M+ and even M2, I was still pretty happy with the minimal amount of retardedness... That is untill M7.

And M7 doesn't have any of that order of silliness does it? Don't remember Gamlin or Basara using a scarf in space, for ex. :lol: