Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

I got the VF-25G and VF-25S both graded "B" from Jungle and I was a bit hesitant at first, but couldn't beat the prices (¥24,840 for the 25G and ¥15,120 for the 25S). Came out to $205 USD and $125 USD respectively, before shipping and Jungle's 5% fee.

Both came in great shape. Flawless boxes, wrapped in bubble wrap and heavy plastic underneath. All accessories and interior packaging just as if they were brand new. Aside from cut tape, the only thing that made them seem "used" was a wee bit of dust on them and some lint stuck to the tape inside.

B can be an odd rating on jungle. The B grade 1/60 VF-11B I purchased from them was brand new and never opened. The B grade 1/60 YF-21 had stickers applied and was missing a piece to the included stand.

B can be an odd rating on jungle. The B grade 1/60 VF-11B I purchased from them was brand new and never opened. The B grade 1/60 YF-21 had stickers applied and was missing a piece to the included stand.

I agree. I bought my Hikaru VF-1A Super Strike Sets that says Grade A. But when I got it, it has a cracked shoulder joint. :ph34r:

Jungle has been pretty good for me. Though I have only ever bought sealed or A graded items. I've had a few minor issues with Mandarake where items listed as "unopened, box damage" has in fact been opened and used. But to Mandarake's credit they have been pretty good on average 9 out of every 10 times.

I agree. I bought my Hikaru VF-1A Super Strike Sets that says Grade A. But when I got it, it has a cracked shoulder joint. :ph34r:

I would have been perfectly happy to buy the B grade RVF-171 they had listed and saved 4k yen but it sold before I finally decided to get one. I think because they move physically less stuff than Mandarake for example the odds of having trouble are less. I have good confidence in Jungle.

And sometimes they do post what's the condition of the toys. Sometimes they will grade it as B when all you will see is just a small corner dent on the box. But otherwise I'm a happy Jungle customer too. When it's not available in Mandarake, they're the next store I'd go to before diving it towards Buyee or FromJapan as a last resort. ;)

And sometimes they do post what's the condition of the toys. Sometimes they will grade it as B when all you will see is just a small corner dent on the box. But otherwise I'm a happy Jungle customer too. When it's not available in Mandarake, they're the next store I'd go to before diving it towards Buyee or FromJapan as a last resort. ;)

I have now bought nearly a dozen or so items from YJA through Buyee and have had great success! Even with the super expensive Max & Milia VF-1J pair and the Super Ostrich which all came exactly as described (mint and unopened!) I know some folks have had some trouble buying from YJA.. Yes there is definitely more risk with them as they aren't a proper store as such but you still have to consider your purchase wisely before making a final decision..

I have now bought nearly a dozen or so items from YJA through Buyee and have had great success! Even with the super expensive Max & Milia VF-1J pair and the Super Ostrich which all came exactly as described (mint and unopened!) I know some folks have had some trouble buying from YJA.. Yes there is definitely more risk with them as they aren't a proper store as such but you still have to consider your purchase wisely before making a final decision..

True. And besides, almost all the Japanese who sells toys via YJA are all hobbyist. So you know atleast 90% of them knows how to take good care of what they're selling. ;)

second that. most B items I bought were between OK-ish and great, except for the ...

SV-51 ivanov whose thighs disintegrated at the slightest touch on both legs (previous owner's fault). Had to use my super-glue-ing "skills" to put them back together like humpty dumpty. Cant blame Jungle, since I dont expect them to inspect each toy thoroughly. Its like playing russian roulette.

Periodically check jungle, and mandarake.

What's the link for jungle? I am not familiar with them. Thanks.

Edit: What's the difference between the QF-2200D-A and the QF-2200D-B? Are both of them good for attaching to the VF-0?

Edited by ArchieNov

I got my RVF-171EX in today and let me tell you I should of bought a VF-25 of some sort. It took me over 4 hours to transform this thing. The white piece they give you for the radar fin doesn't fit very well. Also I can't seem to get the legs to turn to clip them back in the tab for fighter mode. It almost feels like I'm going to break it so I just left it for now till I learn what is going on

post-30722-0-88713900-1440903518_thumb.jpg

post-30722-0-03742900-1440903535_thumb.jpg

post-30722-0-52960300-1440903559_thumb.jpg

post-30722-0-54745900-1440903577_thumb.jpg

post-30722-0-90290000-1440903591_thumb.jpg

post-30722-0-93508700-1440903694_thumb.jpg

Cue Lolicon :)

But all kidding aside, after you get a better understanding of the mechanics, it is fairly easy to transform.

As for your issue with the legs, they need to be straight at the knees when turning them back to fighter. If you try to turn them while bent, you might stress the mechanism inside to the point of breakage.

More can be learned from the RVF and CF171 threads.

I got my RVF-171EX in today and let me tell you I should of bought a VF-25 of some sort. It took me over 4 hours to transform this thing. The white piece they give you for the radar fin doesn't fit very well. Also I can't seem to get the legs to turn to clip them back in the tab for fighter mode. It almost feels like I'm going to break it so I just left it for now till I learn what is going on

That was the same frustration I went through switching my CF back from Battroid to Fighter mode.. couldn't get the legs to lock / tab in correctly and getting the upper arm and shoulder joints in the correct position so the arm click in on the upper fuselage gave me bad dreams for the rest of the week! :o;)

I think the RVF is a lovely thing (in fighter mode anyways) which is what it will stay in for however long it remains in my possession! -_-

That sensor fin thing and the clip it requires after transformation is a silly and poorly thought out gimmick. Unlike the better system they designed into the RVF-25 where the fin is attached to the left arm but this as a whole is still flawed as the toy then requires an adapter piece so you can then attach the gun in its stow position. The adapter should have been somehow built in to the other arm being allowed to fold away once modes are switched.

Got this from erikos0311, great item im pretty please with it.

VF-27 Lucifer Brea Custom

attachicon.gif2015-08-30 00.18.19.jpg

Macross 30: Voices across the Galaxy

attachicon.gif2015-08-30 00.29.02.jpg

i just hope it is playable without knowing japanese, lol

Very playable. I have beaten it multiple times, and I know zero Japanese.

Got this from erikos0311, great item im pretty please with it.

VF-27 Lucifer Brea Custom

attachicon.gif2015-08-30 00.18.19.jpg

Macross 30: Voices across the Galaxy

attachicon.gif2015-08-30 00.29.02.jpg

i just hope it is playable without knowing japanese, lol

Well done on your Brera purchase!

I have the Macross 30 game too now but no PS3 to play it on.. that's next on my "will get round to it someday" list.. :rolleyes:

Very playable. I have beaten it multiple times, and I know zero Japanese.

Is it a good game to play? I have seen some game play footage on Youtube but its hard to get a real impression of it through someone else's eyes. But I trust yours! :D

I take its not that hard a game to play if you've already finished it a few times!?

And it would have been nice if they did make a alternate language version or switchable in game option to do so.. but I take it the game was intended to be a Japan only release.. -_-

My only issue with the RVF-171 was that mine had some spikes bent on the ventral fin out of the box. Oh, and the stand looks hideous. :/

yeah same with mine.. I tried to gently bend them straight but I didn't want to break them so I just left them as is. Funny how both ours came like that! As silly as it sounds but could it be that's how they are meant to be perhaps?? :huh:

Yes that stand is just ghastly isn't it! All the Bandai stands are junk but that one I think takes the cake! I have my RVF sitting on a flightpose stand. The stupid large sensor fin makes it a little difficult but it works..

Thanks Jasonc. That is so sweet at 1/1 scale. ;) Is it big like a VHS tape somehow or smaller like a Betamax tape? And it's a resin, right?

What's a Betamax? :p I kid! I kid! (Runs away and ducks for cover). Never heard that for awhile. Had one of those a long time ago.

What's a Betamax? :p I kid! I kid! (Runs away and ducks for cover). Never heard that for awhile. Had one of those a long time ago.

Hahaha! I knew someone gonna drop a bomb on me just by mentioning 'Betamax'. :lol: