Macross Collectibles Market Watch - Current Auction/Store SOLD prices

jvmacross

Not trying to prove a point, that's not my purpose here, I just wanted to share the other episode of the 1J CF

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Back to the thread topic, I purchased my 1J CF for 325 MIB so that may be the high range.

Why would a new recruit be using the J-Model? This just proves it that it really should be a VF-1A CF.

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

OT

dunno what is the point of contesting if it should be VF-1J or 1A CF. The thing is, the TV anime showed one hence, there is a 1/60 toy for it.

and typical of anime even at this time, protagonist are shown to be have preferential treatment.

LoL! This thread tracks market trends for auctions that sell (which I guess can be both reasonable or absurd with Valkyries).

For me, it helps by giving an idea of what to expect when looking for a particular item. For instance, I already knew that the VF-1J CF was rare, but I didn't know its value. If I had been able to put more money into my auction bid, I might have won the item. Anyway, at these prices it might be better looking for a MIB piece like sreichma instead of waiting for another loose one.

Yamato 1/60 V2 VF-1D first release, no option parts - used - 17,500 JPY (before proxy fees and shipping)

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d156445151

Dang it, I placed 17000 as my max bid and went to sleep. Woke up and someone out bidded me. haha

Edited by dapro

Guest davidwhangchoi

this is for the 10,000th time. No current live auctions please.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I was outbid once at 100,000 yen for a Volks 1/8 Scopedog TC kit.

Was like -- "What?!?!" -- and at the same time "Oh - Thank God, what was I thinking!?!" . . .

heheh......sometimes logic gets caught in the crossfire of a South Ataria urban street battle style bidding war!

vf1j_mass_production_episode2.png?w=500&vf1a_mass_production_two_fighting.png?w=

Edited by jvmacross

Im so sorry if i sound ignorant but can I ask why do cells usually go for so much? Is it because it's - one of a kind - kind of thing?

One of a kind, scarcity, personal meaning to the buyer......it is basically the same reasons why some folks pay so much for art....(or HTF Macross toys!)......but there is a lot of variation in the prices...I guess the more iconic the scene or the more popular a character or mecha is....the more you can expect a cel to sell for.....Hikaru, Misa and Minmay cels generally sell for more than supporting character cels.....but when considering a Fokker or Millia cel...the price is still somewhat always high......

Just some people that have too much money for their own good. :lol:

throwing-money.gif

To dig a bit more deeply, the cel IS the actual thing that created the fandom for everything else.

They ARE the origin.

Other Macross collectables are simply passing though history.

" This, this IS history . . . "

Edited by DarrinG

To dig a bit more deeply, the cel IS the actual thing that created the fandom for everything else.

They ARE the origin.

Other Macross collectables are simply passing though history.

" This, this IS history . . . "

Pre-history?

VF-1 concept drawing......53,000 JPY (before shipping)

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auction/item/itemInfoEn.html?index=279060

0000825411.jpeg

Cels are IMO for the truest of enthusiasts. Cel buyers transcend collectors, as they reach into what made the connection to the collecting.

Anyone can buy a mass produced item, but only a few can buy original Cels.

I'd love to own some, some day.

I have a hard enough time buying prints from my favorite artists, much less Cels.

Heck some prints I'd like are worth as much as a decent used car.

Cels are IMO for the truest of enthusiasts. Cel buyers transcend collectors, as they reach into what made the connection to the collecting.

Anyone can buy a mass produced item, but only a few can buy original Cels.

I'd love to own some, some day.

I have a hard enough time buying prints from my favorite artists, much less Cels.

Heck some prints I'd like are worth as much as a decent used car.

+1 and QFT

-b.

LOL, I place a bid for 17,000 JPY and someone outbid me. hhhhmmmm, very interesting. LMAO

If this makes you feel any better, I bid 17,000 too and didn't win. haha