Which is your favorite Star Wars movie?

Jolly Rogers

Which is your favorite Star Wars movie?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite Star Wars movie?

• Episode I: The Phantom Menance
    • Episode II: Attack of the Clones
    • Episode IV: A New Hope
    • Episode V: Empire Strikes Back
    • Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

OK... www.gamefaqs.com's poll of the day is the same as this one. While it is no surprise that Empire came out on top and Phantom got the least votes, I was very surprised to see how Jedi got nearly as many votes as Empire while Clones got more votes than Hope.

My theory is that the Mario crowd over there love them Ewoks.

I guess the order they were released is the order I like them. Though... I don't really like them that much anymore. I would honestly rate them at about the same..... really. :(

The old cartoons and the TPM game were the worst thing to get out of that franchise. KoToR and the Xwing/Tie Fighter games were the best thing to get out of that franchise.

Edited by Abombz!!

I voted for Return of the Jedi. But Empire Strikes Back is really close, almost equal.

1.ROTJ

2.ESB

3.ANH

4.AotC

5.TPM

I'm hoping Episode 3 will push everything down a number, will have to wait and see. I have to say that I enjoyed them all but some a LOT more then others. There is a big difference between ANH and AotC when it comes to me liking them. Though I only watch AotC now for the ending battle with the Jedi and Clones. That and the Obiwan vs. Jango fight on the planet and in space. TPM only gets watched for the ending battles(Duel of the Fates), the podrace no longer holds my interest anymore.

Edited by Effect

As much of a cliche as it is, I voted for Empire. It still stands out as #1 in my mind because it's my earliest SW memory. I can't remember seeing ANH for the first time but ESB, along with the picture book and toys, still stands out vividly in my mind. Those 3 years between ESB and Jedi will always be the high point of my SW fandom.

That said, I'd have to rate "Clones" a close second.

EMPIRE

Luke looses a hand, Han gets 'jacked, C3P0 gets blowed up real good, Vader gets his evil on and the rebels get a general pasting at Hoth.

Dark side all the way.

If the last movie is as dark as Empire then I may actually like it a lot. :lol:

Don't forget R2 gets eaten course he does get spat back out.

"Lucky thing droids don't tast to good"

I guess we can all say (IMHO) that The Phantom Menace was the WORST of the bunch. Personally, I think George Lucas could have done a better job with this prequel trilogy. Don't get me wrong.....it indeed brought millions of new fans to the franchise. I guess it's like comparing apples and oranges....... :p

Empire duh saw it two days in a row when I was 5-6 in 1980. Even owned a bootleg VHS( before an offical release) back in the early 80's. But I do have a hard time watching it now....

A New Hope is really good, especially for its time. Ground breaking. Go watch the first Star Trek movie(which was released around the same time I think) and tell me which is better

Jedi is cool until the Ewoks show up. hated them when I was 9, hate then now.

Attack of the Clones wasn't that good. Just ok. Not that any of the Star Wars movies are Oscar acting award material, this one was just terrible. With the bad costumes and terrible acting I thought I was watching an anime cosplay. The CG looked terribly fake. Too much going in some of the battle scenes to be considered "beliveable".

The Phantom Menace. the only good thing abou this movie is the fight at the end. Was falling asleep during the rest. Has that dumb kid who played young Anakin acted in anything else since?

I really hope the last movie is good. I'm still trying to convince my wife that Star Wars movies were considered good once lol.

I guess we can all say (IMHO) that The Phantom Menace was the WORST of the bunch. Personally, I think George Lucas could have done a better job with this prequel trilogy. Don't get me wrong.....it indeed brought millions of new fans to the franchise. I guess it's like comparing apples and oranges....... :p

Take away the long stretch between they leaving Naboo and arriving in Cruscant.... and you have the best SW movie of them all. <_<

Take away the long stretch between they leaving Naboo and arriving in Cruscant.... and you have the best SW movie of them all. <_<

You mean the part where a 10 yr old boy falls in love with a 18+ yr old girl? Yeah... I can live without that.

Vostok 7

You mean the part where a 10 yr old boy falls in love with a 18+ yr old girl? Yeah... I can live without that.

Vostok 7

She was 14, idiot! <_<

Even Natelie Portman was 16 back then.

What? She would have to be 10 for him to be "allowed" to fall in love with her? Give me a break! :rolleyes:

No, the fact that he's suddenly 16 by the next movie and she hasn't changed a bit is a touch of a stretch.

Vostok 7

So despite the hundreds of different aliens, the intergalactic space ships, the people wielding swords of fire and able to use telekinesis, the robots.... You find her not aging implausible? :lol: