DX Chogokin RVF-25 Renewal Version

IXTL

Received an email from NY. Explained that they were not allowed to send out parcels on June 14 as it was not officially released (until June 15).

To be fair they are not "late", just "slow". As they are charging a premium, I expect a more timely handling of the orders. Am I too demanding to expect my order be shipped within 2 working days? :unsure:

I think NY should actually ship based on either payment order or date of order. Unfortunately they don't and have no idea how they decide which order get priortise. I have two same order one placed and paid later than the other, but guess what, the later order was shipped out first.

I ordered my RVF-25 on the 4 March and paid on the 5 March and mine is still "Preparation in Progress". When the VF-25F comes out and if it's available on Amazon JP with reasonable markup unlike NY high markup price, I may no longer want to preorder with NY in future and just go through Amazon JP. Look at the RVF-25. NY first mark up was 17,000 yen and then 18,500 yen. Amazon JP available at 16,000 yen. Price difference more than cover forwarding agent handling fee and also shipping cost is slightly higher at NY compared to forwarding agent.

Suddenly NY is so fast in comparison.

Thanks guys. Maybe I kept my hopes too high as many people have received their copies already (or at least entered the personal warehouse), and mine is still being prepared. A few days of handling shouldn't be too bad.

HLJ is up

...and gone!

Yup, not sure whether I got one through as I went through the checkout process but not showing on my account and haven't received an email.

Yay, just got an email confirming it.

Edited by Valk-1S

My response from otacute

Thanks for choosing Otacute.

We are still waiting to procure our stock. As soon as the products arrive you will receive an automated email notification. Sorry for the delay but please give us a few more days.

Kind regards,

Received an email from NY. Explained that they were not allowed to send out parcels on June 14 as it was not officially released (until June 15).

To be fair they are not "late", just "slow". As they are charging a premium, I expect a more timely handling of the orders. Am I too demanding to expect my order be shipped within 2 working days? :unsure:

That's an odd excuse since AE ships the items up to 2 days before the official launch. That's how I got my RVF-25 on Saturday.

Guest davidwhangchoi

My response from otacute

Thanks for choosing Otacute.

We are still waiting to procure our stock. As soon as the products arrive you will receive an automated email notification. Sorry for the delay but please give us a few more days.

Kind regards,

thanks for the update anubis20

Guest davidwhangchoi

I think NY should actually ship based on either payment order or date of order. Unfortunately they don't and have no idea how they decide which order get priortise. I have two same order one placed and paid later than the other, but guess what, the later order was shipped out first.

I ordered my RVF-25 on the 4 March and paid on the 5 March and mine is still "Preparation in Progress". When the VF-25F comes out and if it's available on Amazon JP with reasonable markup unlike NY high markup price, I may no longer want to preorder with NY in future and just go through Amazon JP. Look at the RVF-25. NY first mark up was 17,000 yen and then 18,500 yen. Amazon JP available at 16,000 yen. Price difference more than cover forwarding agent handling fee and also shipping cost is slightly higher at NY compared to forwarding agent.

looks like they first need time to grab them from the stores they scalped them from. sometimes they leave the B&M sticker prices from the stores they grabbed them from.

Reply from Otacute:

That's 10 days away! :unsure:

oh i didn't see Thanks tober for posting too! at least we know they're alive and haven't folded yet like Hobbyfan

Edited by davidwhangchoi

An email a few pages back said Hobbyfan was going to cancel all pre-orders. Mine is still pending. Not that I expect it to ever actually ship though. But I wonder if they are holding out until the last possible minute.

And my NY package has been in preparation in progress going on 4 days now with no shipped notification. :(

I went to go check my NY account, and despite not receiving any actual email about it, they did post a shipping confirmation and tracking number. I think they're just behind with their email updates, so if you haven't gotten any notifications, make sure to check your order history.

Guest davidwhangchoi

that's good news for 10% of those who ordered... jk, man... that sucks... very unreliable pre-order source

bad news for the remaining 90%, maybe they'll get more... if this release is available like the cf 171.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I went to go check my NY account, and despite not receiving any actual email about it, they did post a shipping confirmation and tracking number. I think they're just behind with their email updates, so if you haven't gotten any notifications, make sure to check your order history.

I never got an e-mail from NY for my 30th anniv 29 parts. It was only due to paying attention to this site that I realized I should look on their site. I did and discovered that they posted that my order would be canceled if I didn't pay on time. Their e-mails are not blocked in my e-mail either. So, be aware that you could get an update without an e-mail.

Thanks for the heads-up. Better price than N-Y's preorder too. Although I do have a preorder with Hobbyfan, given all the discouraging news I've been reading on these pages regarding them getting shorted and/or completely skunked by their supplier, and thereby being unable to honor the orders they took, I decided to bite the bullet and pay the inflated price from nin-nin so that I can secure one to justify my preorder of the super packs + ghosts. Should Hobbyfan deliver, I'll post one of the copies for sale here at the cost of the most expensive unit.

Once again, thanks. I do love this community... even if it does put a sizable dent in my wallet... :wacko::)

Only 28 available at Amazon Japan. So, chances of amiami re-upping their stock is low, huh? I guess I will just move onto the 25F then.

There's more than 28 available. 28 is just relating to one store. When you do a search at Amazon JP, it shows one store stock. Then you can view more stores on a link on the page of the product.

The folks at Hobbyfan told me they only got in 10% of their allotment.

Sorry to hear that. That's one of the reasons i stopped using them.. I hope you are one of the early 10% orders..

keyboard_bash.gif

I laugh my ass off every time I see this cartoon!! lol, It totally described the hrs. and hrs. that i was glued to my desktop during the initial HLJ/NY pre-order mania ...! :angry::(:angry::unsure::wacko::blink::huh::o:D ( in this order)

Got shipping notice from Nippon Yasan today. Yay!

Not happy as I am still waiting for mine to be shipped and I paid them when I preodered it as well. No idea how they prioritise their orders. Might just email them and ask them why it's taking soo long to be shipped.