The one in that picture is the normal YF-29. It only has 1 head gun, unlike Alto's which has 2. Since Rod's YF-29B has 2 head lasers, we can assume Alto's YF-29 is actually closer to a YF-29B (despite it being an entirely custom valkyrie with stats different from the only other prototype at the time).

I would say that the one which you call "normal" is actually an Isamu-specific one. The single head laser (and paintjob, obviously) seems to have been designed to recall Isamu's beloved YF-19.

Also!! I've been noticing something off in the magazine scan of the default YF-29, but I haven't been able to figure out what for the longest time. I just figured it out.

For one reason or another, this version of the YF-29 differs in yet ANOTHER way from Alto's YF-29/Rod's YF-29B (besides the number of head lasers). It has fins on the ends of its wings, while Alto's/Rod's do not. Interesting, huh?

I would say that the one which you call "normal" is actually an Isamu-specific one. The single head laser (and paintjob, obviously) seems to have been designed to recall Isamu's beloved YF-19.

Hm...that certainly rings true. No, no, you're definitely right. Look here, the VF-25 masterfile version of the YF-29 prototype (the only one supposedly), doesn't have fins on its wings either...I suppose this means we'll get valkyrie variants for characters, even for ones who've never flown them before?

post-17865-0-92704100-1355102777_thumb.jpg

Oh, and I translated this yesterday with some help. Anyone want to take a guess at how valkyries will be constructed?post-17865-0-73795900-1355102314_thumb.png

1. SV-51 装甲 パーツ V = SV-51 Armor Parts V

2. SV-51 ターポファソヅト IV = SV-51 Turbofan Jet IV

3. OTM = Carbon Alloy

4. バルキリーフレームバツ I = Valkyrie Frame Parts I

5. ジャンクフレームバーツ I = Junk Frame Parts I

6. SV-51 フレームパーツ V = SV-51 Frame Parts V

7. ウロポロスクォーツ = Ouroboros Quartz

8. VF-11B イサム 専用 バーツ = VF-11B Isamu 専用 parts

9. YF-29 オズマ 専用 バーツ = YF-29 Ozma Custom parts

10. SV-51 装甲 パーツ IV = SV-51 Armor Parts IV (same kind as the first one, just an earlier version)

Notes: The green rectangle says 装甲 or "Armor" below the window, 92/35 points

The blue rectangle says フレーム or “Frame”, 35/35 points

The red rectangle says エソジソ or “Engine”, 56/35 points

The bottom line of all three is 35 points...is that important somehow?

Since when did Ozma get a YF-29?

Edited by TyrValein

oh hey macrossbro

how's broing?

Maybe they give the Roy Focker Special YF-29 to Ozma since it already has SMS markings.

EDIT: I knew I recognized that list from somewhere.

Quite great, actually. Spreading the ol' Macross love across the internet as usual. Unfortunately, its not as active here as it is in other places...

Someone uploaded all the VF Master File books to tokyotosho so you don't have to use that YF-29 pic I did with a hand scanner :3

Aww, but I've been using them for ages...thanks for that though.

And I'm just eager to talk about this game so much yet people aren't responding as fast as my needs require! <_< I need speculation people! It feeds me!

Since when did Ozma get a YF-29?

Ozma had a charcoal black/gunmetal YF-29 in Macross Last Frontier. It also had a special custom head, with two eyes sort of like the Fire Valkyrie. It was the only version I've wanted them to make a toy of, but they still haven't...

Pic here, courtesy of BlackAce:

http://media.photobu...LF/232e9d3e.jpg

Check this page for more pics:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=35313&st=35

Edited by Renato

Turns out I didn't read the magazine article closely enough, since it DOES say Isamu next to the YF-29...

Think those fins you're seeing on Isamu's YF-29 are the fast packs, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, turns out they are. God, how did I miss all these things? I think the craziness of the all the info from the past week kind of blinded me. I'm slowly burning out now though, so I feel at least a little more attentive...and sane. Can't imagine how I'll be when the first gameplay video comes out...back to overanalyzing, I guess.

Ozma had a charcoal black/gunmetal YF-29 in Macross Last Frontier. It also had a special custom head, with two eyes sort of like the Fire Valkyrie. It was the only version I've wanted them to make a toy of, but they still haven't...

Thanks for that. As you know, I don't have a PS3 so I never got the chance to play Last Frontier. Interesting that we have so many YF-29 variants so far...I wonder if we'll have any YF-30 variants? I also hope the YF-30 has a Super Pack of its own...

Nice catch! Not much in the way of new information (text is all reused) but the illustrations are nice.

If the website has finally updated then theres a chance there could be some new info in famitsu tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

The websites been updated for almost a week now actually. Also there's a new famitsu tomorrow? Let us know if you hear anything.

The websites been updated for almost a week now actually. Also there's a new famitsu tomorrow? Let us know if you hear anything.

Ah, fair enough. Since they hadnt updated it for a month (despite all the new images that were released), I suppose i hadnt been checking the official website as often as I should have. Am digging the chunkiness of that Fire valk tho:

post-9325-0-70019400-1355275820_thumb.jpg

Famitsu comes out every thursday, fyi.

Probably because Bandai Namco has been running new information on Macross 30 in Famitsu approx. once every two weeks ;-)

Ah, right...does that mean we won't get new information this week then? I don't remember when the last article was. Another week wait would be akin to torture.

Also, I noted that on the Macross 30th anniversary site, in those conversations with the characters, one of them talked about working on Macross 30 promotional material. I don't know if they meant that they had just finished updating (the date of the update was on the 6th, but this post was made on the 9th) or if they were working on more that's on the way. Hopefully gameplay.

Edited by TyrValein

Hmm, there are still a few immediate flaws seen in this game. I hope they aren't rushing things...

Another example I've found is the lack of the shoulder missile pods on Alto's 25F when in fighter mode as seen here:

valkmissing.jpg

Hard to believe they would overlook that, especially when they are clearly present on the battroid in the foreground.

Hmm, there are still a few immediate flaws seen in this game. I hope they aren't rushing things...

Another example I've found is the lack of the shoulder missile pods on Alto's 25F when in fighter mode as seen here.

Hard to believe they would overlook that, especially when they are clearly present on the battroid in the foreground.

I get the feeling that maybe they definitely rushed the promotion more than they might have the actual game. It looks like the missile pods are there in these pics.

post-17865-0-58925800-1355339049_thumb.jpg

post-17865-0-43643000-1355339059_thumb.jpg

Though the second picture brings up an interesting question...a variable fighter can fly in an atmosphere indefinitely as long as it has air to intake, heat over the reactor and expel. But the Super Pack clearly covers the intakes on the engines...and the Super Pack itself only has a limited amount of fuel...so I guess there are more reasons other than the unaerodynamic shape to not use it in-atmosphere.

Edited by TyrValein

I get the feeling that maybe they definitely rushed the promotion more than they might have the actual game. It looks like the missile pods are there in these pics.

Yeah, promotion definitely gets started early, and many times assets aren't even complete when promotions start going into effect. If they needed materials and the models weren't complete you would easily see discrepancies like this. It's pretty common in games publishing actually.

Anyone know what the big character chart is showing? I mean, having Isamu and Sara paired together just doesn't make any sense at all. And Basara NOT with Mylene?

Also---background of this link: http://b.bngi-channel.jp/macross30/character/character_10.html Very APHOS-esque.

Anyone know what the big character chart is showing? I mean, having Isamu and Sara paired together just doesn't make any sense at all. And Basara NOT with Mylene?

Will be putting a translated version up later today once I've looked over today's Famitsu (doesn't appear to be any new news tho)

post-1819-0-57299700-1355368366_thumb.jpg

You can't hide that YF-30 lego model from me!

Looks like the area between the engines is some kind of pod or weapon.

Considering that its usually reserved for a PPB shield, maybe its both a shield and a missile pod? And is that fold crystal in the airframe?

Great!! Thanks for the links!

No problem. Let's get this hype train steamed up again!

at 2:16, VF-0D skimming the ARMD flight deck. nice to see that they seem to have gotten the capital ship scale right, contrary to previous released pics which showed a gerwalk looking very large on an ARMD

at 2:21, VF-25 making a strafing run on a zentraedi ship. again, seems to be in the right scale.

i'm still worried though if the RPG elements will make it impossible for me to play. hope some kind soul puts a a detailed english guide.

btw, has there been an english guide for the past macross PS3 games? ideally, one that shows the various pre-mission screens and what one can do there. i recall someone posted a screencap of the controller setup translated into english, but i've lost the link. appreciate any leads to these resources. thanks