Glad to see they are really playing with the character interaction potential.

Guld: 'The pilot of that YF-19 is someone I know...and he is far more dangerous than reaction weaponry.'

Ozma: 'So... I heard that Basara has turned up?'

Misa: 'It sounds like I become someone pretty famous in the future.'

Leon: 'I can't believe that THE Hikaru Ichijo is here.'

Also - Hikaru's replacement VA sounds lame (as is always the case), but on the good-side, Mari can still pull off the Minmei speaking voice fairly darn well!

Posted the information I've been working on on the front page. I'll be adding and updating as new info becomes available.

http://www.macrosswo...meplay-details/

Oh and heres the character relationship chart:

http://www.macrosswo...lationships.pdf

Nice job! Thanks for the translation!

at 2:16, VF-0D skimming the ARMD flight deck. nice to see that they seem to have gotten the capital ship scale right, contrary to previous released pics which showed a gerwalk looking very large on an ARMD

at 2:21, VF-25 making a strafing run on a zentraedi ship. again, seems to be in the right scale.

i'm still worried though if the RPG elements will make it impossible for me to play. hope some kind soul puts a a detailed english guide.

btw, has there been an english guide for the past macross PS3 games? ideally, one that shows the various pre-mission screens and what one can do there. i recall someone posted a screencap of the controller setup translated into english, but i've lost the link. appreciate any leads to these resources. thanks

I'd be interested in working on translation if we could get a team together. I can only do katakana and hiragana for now, but if someone were to make a kanji chart of common kanji used in the game (armor, custom, etc.), I'd be a lot more effective. I'd probably be more of a menu translation kind of guy rather than dialogue though. Google docs would be a good place to get a project together.

I want play this game before I die^^

Let's all hope the world doesn't end on the 21st then, haha.

Edited by TyrValein

Posted the information I've been working on on the front page. I'll be adding and updating as new info becomes available.

Thanks for the translation Tochiro. Really appreciate the time you take to do this stuff for other Macross fans.

Some of those character interactions look interesting to say the least.

I've never had a PS3 but this fine looking game might just push me over the edge. Might be tempted to get a used one. Will this game be able to play on a European PS3? Or will it require hacking of some sort?

I've never had a PS3 but this fine looking game might just push me over the edge. Might be tempted to get a used one. Will this game be able to play on a European PS3? Or will it require hacking of some sort?

Nope, ps3 games are region free with a small handful of exceptions so you will be able to play it fine.

This newest preview video make me even more to buy this game. But like with all mecha games I'm sceptical to the end and will decide if to buy it when I read some reviews and see gameplay videos after the release of the game.

But one this I can say even now, that the graphic is pretty good, especially special efects also the amount of valks is not bad but I fear that they will add even more with paid DLC. I also hope that the missions will varied and they will not only relly on "destroy all or X enemies".

Nice job! Thanks for the translation!

I'd be interested in working on translation if we could get a team together. I can only do katakana and hiragana for now, but if someone were to make a kanji chart of common kanji used in the game (armor, custom, etc.), I'd be a lot more effective. I'd probably be more of a menu translation kind of guy rather than dialogue though. Google docs would be a good place to get a project together.

Let's all hope the world doesn't end on the 21st then, haha.

Still in diapers when it comes to Japanese, but I'd be willing to help.

Hey are you trying to collect all the screens for this page? If so you missed three but I dont think you can use one since it is watermarked. I am trying to sort through my macross files and make sure I dont have duplicates, over 3 TB of Macross......

th_l_50b76409adc5f.jpg

th_img_chara6_1b.jpg

The water marked one

th_l_50b763d3f09fb.jpg

I also have 16 of the screens you already have at a 1280x720 res where yours are 1024x576 if you want them. Just trying to help, I love this game already, really reminds me to go get that macross tattoo I want.

Edited by Sorata

Eh, it is kinda sad not to see Roy, but that would probably downplay Hikaru's role in the plot. Of course, he could just wind up being an unlockable you find later. Though, maybe they thought having Roy AND Ozma in one place might get a little too over the top. :lol:

That trailer though.. .i think I had a braingasm. I mean, I figured it would be more like the standard missions in the PSP games, but this is looking more like a setup for some kind of Macross MMO. :blink: I mean.. I wouldn't think they'd ever attempt something quite that big in scale, but still, it looks like they might be trying to set it up for onine play. Either way the whole RPG factor could make this one really entertaining, even without understanding it. :lol: Though, maybe it's time to bite that bullet and try to learn more Japanese..

Actually what it really reminds me of right now? Phantasy Star Online 2. The enemies, battroid action, and such, it just looks similarly paced. The idea of treasure hunting for upgrades and materials just adds to that comparison.

Also, definitely saw Max's VF-22 in there, and if Guld's voice was heard, I wonder if we'll get the 21 too.

Say, I've kidnapped the major idols of the 21st century! In fact, you might say that I... HAVAMAL!

Oh man, that was terrible...I still laughed though.

Can someone please confirm that this PS3 game is region free and I can play it in my PS3 in Turkey?

(If so this will be my first Macross game ever!!!)

:D

Yup, you'll be able to play it with any PS3 as it is region free.

Edited by TyrValein