This is weird. Today, someone was kind enough to upload a pic of a Macross chronology at an exhibition in Osaka. At first, I was excited, because Macross 30 was listed in the chronology, leading me to believe that the story it entails would be canon. But then I took a closer look and saw that the timeline extended into 2091 (Macross II's timescale), and I began to doubt its authenticity. Either this was made by someone who doesn't quite know the circumstances in regards to Macross II's "situation" or Kawamori had a change of heart. Since the latter seems unlikely, I feel like it might be the former. Which sucks, because I'd like to see M30 treated as a playable OVA as sorts and Leon, Mina, and Aisha featured in future material (be it games/books/etc.).

I would think the NUNS Spacy would've learned from the problems the F-4 faced when they introduced it into the early stages of the Vietnam War. Placing too much emphasis on missle combat is not a good thing.

Well, the YF-30 at least still has it's beam gun pod, even if nothing else.

But I still think the missile launcher having to pop up in fighter mode and then rotate 90 degrees so the long side is face-on (inducing more drag) in order to fire is pretty silly.

Graham

Graham

Macross heavily favors missiles. We see what, 10x more missiles used in a typical battle than gunpod rounds? If anyone could "ignore gun-range dogfights" it's the Macross universe. (not that they do, but they sure like their massive missile attacks, especially for the opening round)

Thanks for the info, was curious who it was because dunno why but I was thinking that was May'n ...

And is she a newcomer to the music bis or was she singing before? There's nothing on YT when you search for her name <_<

As others have noted, she is the winner of the Singer Wing section of the Miss Macross 30 Contest. As such, yes, the opening (Planet Cradle) and ending (Wandering) of Macross 30 are her singing debut. Similarly, the role of Mina Forte will be her voice acting debut. So far she has only performed on stage once - she sang Planet Cradle at the announcement of the game at the Bandai-Namco booth at TGS (and was damn good too, I might add ;-)

This is weird. Today, someone was kind enough to upload a pic of a Macross chronology at an exhibition in Osaka. At first, I was excited, because Macross 30 was listed in the chronology, leading me to believe that the story it entails would be canon. But then I took a closer look and saw that the timeline extended into 2091 (Macross II's timescale), and I began to doubt its authenticity. Either this was made by someone who doesn't quite know the circumstances in regards to Macross II's "situation" or Kawamori had a change of heart. Since the latter seems unlikely, I feel like it might be the former. Which sucks, because I'd like to see M30 treated as a playable OVA as sorts and Leon, Mina, and Aisha featured in future material (be it games/books/etc.).

I won't be visiting the Osaka Valk until early January but will presume that the exhibition is similar to what they had in Tokyo. In which case, the chronology (a huge wall) was of the chronology of the Macross franchise. It was very much made by people who know their Macross but was meant as an introduction for guests rather than some sort of treatise on what is 'canon' and what isnt - something that most people on MW care about far far more than Kawamori does.

As for the cast of Macross 30 being in future material, this is not something that has never happened with original characters from the manga, novels or video games in the past. Its nice to want things but its not going to happen. The Macross 30 story, I expect, will be a self-contained one.

Random thought - since the only timeline that Macross 30 seems to interact with in a potentially impactful way is Frontier (since its noted that it takes place 1 yr after Frontier), and all plot summaries to date make a note of the fact that Leon was ordered to Uroboros, and given the fact that SMS has a base there for seemingly no reason other than the mysterious ruins, I'd say it isnt outside the realm of possibility that the events of the game were set in motion by a certain Mr. Bilrer... ;-)

Edited by Tochiro

Well, the YF-30 at least still has it's beam gun pod, even if nothing else.

But I still think the missile launcher having to pop up in fighter mode and then rotate 90 degrees so the long side is face-on (inducing more drag) in order to fire is pretty silly.

I agree. Keeping the launcher fixed in line with the spine, with only just more than enough protrusion to clear the missile ports from the airframe would have been much better for all forms. Though I realize it'd still have to stick out a good amount because of how the YF-30's wings would fold.

I won't be visiting the Osaka Valk until early January but will presume that the exhibition is similar to what they had in Tokyo. In which case, the chronology (a huge wall) was of the chronology of the Macross franchise. It was very much made by people who know their Macross but was meant as an introduction for guests rather than some sort of treatise on what is 'canon' and what isnt - something that most people on MW care about far far more than Kawamori does.

As for the cast of Macross 30 being in future material, this is not something that has never happened with original characters from the manga, novels or video games in the past. Its nice to want things but its not going to happen. The Macross 30 story, I expect, will be a self-contained one.

Random thought - since the only timeline that Macross 30 seems to interact with in a potentially impactful way is Frontier (since its noted that it takes place 1 yr after Frontier), and all plot summaries to date make a note of the fact that Leon was ordered to Uroboros, and given the fact that SMS has a base there for seemingly no reason other than the mysterious ruins, I'd say it isnt outside the realm of possibility that the events of the game were set in motion by a certain Mr. Bilrer... ;-)

Good to hear that its just a general timeline. Its true that we probably care about canoncity more than Kawamori does, at least when it comes to anything that's not Macross II. Which is what drew my attention more than anything else.

The only reason I mentioned them being in different media is because this game has taken a much different approach than the other games have. Almost like a playable OVA of sorts. That said, my hopes weren't that high to begin with.

As others have noted, she is the winner of the Singer Wing section of the Miss Macross 30 Contest. As such, yes, the opening (Planet Cradle) and ending (Wandering) of Macross 30 are her singing debut. Similarly, the role of Mina Forte will be her voice acting debut. So far she has only performed on stage once - she sang Planet Cradle at the announcement of the game at the Bandai-Namco booth at TGS (and was damn good too, I might add ;-)

Again thanks for the info ^_^ For a debut I have to admit that the song came out very well, she have a nice voice, it was a very good choice if it goes about the winner of Miss Macross contest.

Edited by Paliodor

After reviewing the collection of screenshots we have, I'm getting very doubtful that the game will have VF-4s or VF-17s but I suppose there's still hope. After all, the Nightmare IS Gamlin's signature fighter, why wouldn't he be flying around in it?

Its still close to 2 months out from launch yet - Theyve probably yet to get into most of the more interesting reveal (I have my hunches as to what at least one of these will be, based on certain screenshots that have been revealed so far ;-)

Given the customizeable nature of the Valk system and the everything-but-the-kitchen-sink nature of the game, I dont see any reason why the VF-4 would be ommitted, let alone grounds for such speculation.

Its still close to 2 months out from launch yet - Theyve probably yet to get into most of the more interesting reveal (I have my hunches as to what at least one of these will be, based on certain screenshots that have been revealed so far ;-)

Given the customizeable nature of the Valk system and the everything-but-the-kitchen-sink nature of the game, I dont see any reason why the VF-4 would be ommitted, let alone grounds for such speculation.

Maybe something on the Dyaus(S), Dyaus(L) and their evolution, the Horn? I'm expecting at least two more trailers or gameplay videos or something. They seem to have been pretty faithful about releasing information every Thursday.

Also, Merry Christmas everyone!

Edited by TyrValein

Not that much news this week due to the approach of the New Years break, however there is some basic sub quest info, a handful of new screenshots, and introduction to 2 new characters mixed in among the older information here:

http://www.4gamer.ne...59/20121221029/

(had a good chuckle over the fact that newcomer Mei Lilong is affiliated with the Hunter Guild from... Breetai City! Hehehe)

Edited by Tochiro

Not that much news this week due to the approach of the New Years break, however there is some basic sub quest info, a handful of new screenshots, and introduction to 2 new characters mixed in among the older information here:

http://www.4gamer.ne...59/20121221029/

(had a good chuckle over the fact that newcomer Mei Lilong in affiliated with the Hunter Guild from... Breetai City! Hehehe)

Nice job! Once again I'm late because I didn't refresh google in time. Maybe I should set an alert. Thank goodness 4gamer has higher resolution screens. Famitsu makes them waaaay to small for my liking. I'll read and get back on what I think.

Yeah, that makes the -171 look kinda bad@$$.

So if I'm understanding Google's jargle translation correctly, this new guy is one of the original Hunters on Ouroboros and is madly in love with Aisha, yes? And is that Gubaba's big brother on his shoulders there? A space cat?

025.jpg

Edited by VF-15 Banshee

Couldnt remember if this was posted yet or not, got the link off Facebook by liking Macross 30.

No clue what it say but here is the post

【映】「Macross 30」、YF-30 變形解說!!!

by Macross 30 on Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 9:46am ·

『マクロス 超時空ゼミナール』最終回で紹介された、

河森正治さんによる新型バルキリー「YF-30 クロノス」

変形機構解説と実際のゲームプレイ映像

■「Macross 30」、YF-30 變形解說

■「Macross 30」、YF-30 intro

■「マクロス30」、YF-30 クロノス変形機構解説

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/CaHQJW5WoWs/

528593_447188582001289_1625982772_n.jpg

by マクロス30 ゲーム映像

參見:

http://www.macross.com.cn/embs/talk.do?tid=38902

Edited by Sorata

Sorry but I couldn't resist :rolleyes:

post-12659-0-32118000-1356063399_thumb.png

post-12659-0-99061300-1356063402_thumb.png

Carry on.

:lol: Yes, that missile launcher pack will definitely need a very strong PPB in order to avoid being ripped off. IMO, I didn't like that setup, but the fighter looks so beautiful !. It reminds me of the YF-24 Evolution a little bit.

Given that the 30 is named the 'Chronos' in this game, and we know time travel is a thing here, could it be that the plane doesnt have room for armament because of some sort of time device?

Huh, that could be interesting....Or a modified fold booster? That would allow it to be more of a reconnaissance plane that has the ability to spam a lot of missiles to cover its escape. Even an interceptor as suggested earlier, with a massively improved interception speed.

You said the VF-17 isn't much of an atmospheric fighter, which doesn't mean much when things that can't even be used in the atmosphere are being used such a way in this game.

This is what I typed

Because he upgraded to the VF-22?

Assuming this takes canon from a post-series point.... Also, it's not much of an atmospheric fighter compared to the VF-22, even when taking into account stealth.

Where in the post does it involve the VF-1 with strike packs? Where does it say that it can't fly in the atmosphere? If the F-117 can, the VF-17 certainly can. The comparison was only in the context of Gamlin & his upgrade to the VF-22. More so if the multiple series brought in were post-series. Regardless, what Tochiro said in the post right after me means a lot more than what I said.

Edited by marthf1

Where in the post does it involve the VF-1 with strike packs? Where does it say that it can't fly in the atmosphere? If the F-117 can, the VF-17 certainly can. The comparison was only in the context of Gamlin & his upgrade to the VF-22. More so if the multiple series brought in were post-series. Regardless, what Tochiro said in the post right after me means a lot more than what I said.

Does this even really matter? It was just a throwaway comment.

Anyway I read his post and understood how it related to what you were saying. Basically that the VF-17's performance in an atmosphere should be irrelevant since VF-1 are shown flying around with super packs, therefore it's doubtful that this would have factored into why Gamlin isn't using it. Now we can argue whether he was right or wrong in his assertion but that doesn't change the fact that it was a perfectly legitimate response to your comment.

Edited by Raptor One

It is just an container. Usable both with a missile launcher, with a beam gun and something like that. How to use it is up to the optional system.

He said he made the new flexible system in the end.

The idea of these missions on rails seem really silly. Maybe if it was a gunpod-only type of thing but not when you have missile lock. What's the challenge?

Getting and maintaining a lock on? One of the most challenging parts of VFX2 was keeping the opponents (especially the Ghost X-9s) within the "butter zone" long enough to not only lock-on, but fire missiles. Some of those dogfights were truly epic...

Dogfight being used in the Macross sense. :D

Dogfight being used in the Macross sense. :D

Exactly. In the PSP games you can be halfway across the map and facing the opposite direction and still connect with your target. Can't imagine what it will be like when they're right in front of you and limited by how much they can move around, but we'll see.

Edited by LOW_ALT