so whats your favorite macross?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. so whats your favorite macross?

• Macross TV series
    • Macross DYRL?
    • Macross II
    • Macross Plus (series or movie)
    • Macross Zero

My all time favorite is DYRL followed closely by the original TV series and Flashback... everything else after that is a shallow imitation or a rehash of previous greatness in my humble opinion. I win no friends with my feelings on Macross but as soon as it left the '80s it lost a lot of what made it special to me.

Macross Plus, it's so macho and it's like Top Gun so it's totally awesome, and the music and sound effects are awesome in the movie edition. DYRL? isn't bad at all, but in the long run, if I had some friends over and they wanted to watch something manly, I'd show them Macross Plus, but if they were girls I'd show them DYRL? because it's so "lovey dovey." B))

Damn, can't pick my favorite. I voted for M+ as it was the first real Macross that I'd seen, not including Robyteck which I'd seen as a kid. I'm really a big fan of all the Macross series though.

Also first Macross boob shot :rolleyes:.,, Come to think of it,, The Tv series is the only one that don't have it. I mean, DYRL ,Flashback, Macross plus, Plus movie,Macross 7, Macross Zero, Etc. :p

Flashback 2012 had fan service? :blink:

:huh:

I can't believe people liked Macross 7.

However, I only watched the 1st few episodes before getting really turned off.  Did it get better later?

And for the record, the original TV series is my fave.

Yes, it does get better, but you really didn't like it when Basara's VF-19 transformed and he shot the speaker pods into that Varuta while singing Tokugeki Love Heart? That was bad ass. Get the fansubs or bootlegs and watch more. I cheated myself out of Macross 7 for years for that same reason. We're not the first ones to do that. Everybody watches 3 episodes of Macross 7 and gives up on it.

Edited by Legioss

SDF Macross and Macross 7 equally. M7 rocks, and SDF just kicks ass, it has this really cool attitude, you can feel it when you hear the first strains of "Dogfighter".

DYRL is cool because it is SDF Mac on drugs.

I saw Macross II again recently, and I am sorry, it is the biggest pile of.... Err, well, anyway, I had forgotten how much I didn't like it.

Also first Macross boob shot :rolleyes:.,, Come to think of it,, The Tv series is the only one that don't have it.  I mean, DYRL ,Flashback, Macross plus, Plus movie,Macross 7, Macross Zero, Etc. :p

Flashback 2012 had fan service? :blink:

yeah, there's some DYRL scenes of Minmay in Flashback 2012, you know when she started singing Zero g love. And they split the scene into 4 or 8 boxes so you 'll see 4-8x more Minmay :)

Come to think of it,, The Tv series is the only one that don't have it. I mean, DYRL ,Flashback, Macross plus, Plus movie,Macross 7, Macross Zero, Etc. :p

Actually the TV series had the boob shot too, IIRC.

Uncut Animeigo goodness.

I can't believe people liked Macross 7.

However, I only watched the 1st few episodes before getting really turned off.  Did it get better later?

And for the record, the original TV series is my fave.

:angry: MACROSS 7 WAS BOSS

I can't believe people liked Macross 2

Edited by Tekkaman Blade

I voted for Macross Plus, though DYRL? is pretty good too. But Macross 7 (and 2 for that matter) has no place on that list - it's a sub-standard anime series not worthy of the name Macross.

I suppose the reason it gets better for some is because the brain cells are slowly killed off with every Mylene cutesy moment and Basara's god-awful singing. Stop strangling the cat, get in a plane armed to the teeth and kick some ass man! When an action scene does come up, it's mostly static images of a battloid in a dramatic pose (the same one) and shoddy fire effects... lasting for a glorious 50 secs as we are inevitably forced back to watching a concert.

Having said that, I really liked bits of the episode (Deathmatch on Planet Lux) when they discover the ruins of Macross 5 (mainly because Mylene shuts up) and later on when the injured Lieutenant takes out an enemy ship by flying inside.

But one thing bugs me more than even Mylene's antics, and that's the separation of Max and Millia... just why?

Mac 7 really does get better the further into the series you go. The first few episodes just serve the purpose of introducing the series and characters. Once the main plot gets going, its a really good series IMO. You just gotta give it a chance. When I first saw the series years ago, I liked it regardless because of the true Macross fan that I am. For those out there with doubts, I say just watch it at least half way through, and then say whether or not you think it sucks. ON another note, I didn't like the fact that Max and Miria were seperated, but it was still nice seeing them fight side by side again in the series.

Edited by Max_Jenius

But Macross 7  has no place on that list - it's a sub-standard anime series not worthy of the name Macross.

If Kawamori could only read English.....One must call for his froatiness to cast the Robotech-demon out of this non-believer's soul. For the rest of us, let us pray in silence.

No M7 on that poll... Jeez some people. I should just make a poll where you only have one choice. Screw the rest, you can only vote for M7. :p