The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Guest davidwhangchoi

I kinda wish I'd picked up the Insecticons when they were reissued a few years back.

Been a big fan of Road Rage (Reiji) since getting the e-Hobby exclusive in 2003. Including the black beam rifle with her is a smart move. Almost makes me want to double dip.

yeah i'm prob going to get road rage as well. it looks good. going to see if i can find some free shopyourwaypoints and go to a kmart w/ insecticons.

Guest davidwhangchoi

unless my memory is broken G1 arcee in the movie/cartoons did have wheels and tires...

i don't think he was born in the 80's lol

You know, she's that 'con that showed up in the same episode as Exhaust.

And that's the only MP 'cons we're getting, sadly. Just repaints of 'bots.

Wait what? You're saying she's a Con but the TFWiki says she's a Bot. This is why I hate that episode with Exhaust. Worse continuity than original G1 evah!!!

Guest davidwhangchoi

Wait what? You're saying she's a Con but the TFWiki says she's a Bot. This is why I hate that episode with Exhaust. Worse continuity than original G1 evah!!!

lol

If the e-Hobby one is any indication, she's an Autobot.

At the moment, the Insecticons are dead to me. I'll just live with my old beat up originals. I'll only consider buying them once they inevitably turn up in Marshalls or T.J. Maxx.

BTW, Tracks is a favorite of mine.

:hail:

post-10488-0-70941900-1429843612_thumb.jpg

Edited by RD Blade

where's galvatron?

Right there with all the other MP 'cons, like MP Cyclonus, MP Shockwave, MP Scourge, MP Devastator, MP Ramjet, MP Dirge, MP Thrust, MP Astrotrain, MP Blitzwing------erm, uhm, oh...

Seriously, we're going to have MP Seaspray before we get the main 'cons at this rate.

Right there with all the other MP 'cons, like MP Cyclonus, MP Shockwave, MP Scourge, MP Devastator, MP Ramjet, MP Dirge, MP Thrust, MP Astrotrain, MP Blitzwing------erm, uhm, oh...

Seriously, we're going to have MP Seaspray before we get the main 'cons at this rate.

On that note... can we please have an MP Seaspray? That'd be pretty boss.

Guest davidwhangchoi

any of those would do

Was Classics Seaspray not good enough? I mean, they managed to make SEASPRAY look awesome.

RtS Seaspray tries way to hard to be cool, it just isn't right. Also, the colors are wrong. I'd want something more along the lines of iGear's not-seaspray but done better.

Was Classics Seaspray not good enough? I mean, they managed to make SEASPRAY look awesome.

Not G1 enough. I actually prefer the derpy one.

RtS Seaspray tries way to hard to be cool, it just isn't right. Also, the colors are wrong. I'd want something more along the lines of iGear's not-seaspray but done better.

Yeah. iGear's not-Seaspray is basically a Legends-class. I want an MP Seaspray. A derpy one.

Well, after a trips to my local Walmart (few RiD, mostly AoE) and TRU (some CW, but all Wave 1) yielded no results, I went out with a buddy to an area I almost never frequent. Lucky me, while they had no Voyagers they had all of the Wave 2 CW Deluxes. Now my Superion is complete, and I just need Motormaster to make Menasor (in the meantime, the Stunticons can combine with Optimus).

Congrats on a mostly successful toy hunt, emphasis on hunt. I managed to find all the Stunticons, except Blackjack who I've yet to see, in my area between two different Walmarts in one day. I kept waiting for the Apocalypse, b/c that never happens; usually it takes months of searching to find all the figs in a particular wave. I've still never seen Arcee or Chromia in stores. I ordered them through BBTS, b/c after almost 30 years of waiting, I was getting an official Arcee figure one way or the other. Both are great, and I'm glad I ordered them.

Congrats on a mostly successful toy hunt, emphasis on hunt. I managed to find all the Stunticons, except Blackjack who I've yet to see, in my area between two different Walmarts in one day. I kept waiting for the Apocalypse, b/c that never happens; usually it takes months of searching to find all the figs in a particular wave. I've still never seen Arcee or Chromia in stores. I ordered them through BBTS, b/c after almost 30 years of waiting, I was getting an official Arcee figure one way or the other. Both are great, and I'm glad I ordered them.

I managed to find Chromia awhile back, but Windblade and and Arcee never.

It's definitely a hunt for these things. Seemed like they were plentiful until a few years ago, then starting around the Reveal The Shield they started to become more scarce. I've missed out on entire waves of CHUGs.

I've noticed the same; Generations are always the least stocked line at any store I go to. Movie toys take up the most shelf space, esp all the 1 and 2 steppers, then RiD toys, and just a few CHUGs. I don't know if Hasbro is just underproducing them, or retailers are ordering lesser numbers of that line, but they are increasingly harder to find with each passing year. I think scalpers are partly to blame, too, those soulless opportunistic bastards. There's an especially hot corner of Hell for them, where they are crushed for eternity under the weight of all the toys they tried to greedily hock for well over MSRP. :angry:

RiD doesn't really grab me, although I have bought Drift and Grimlock. Drift is a pretty nice little figure. My Grimlock suffers from the loose ratchet in his right elbow, and the plastic there is stressed and cracking. <_< I'm going to have to remove the pin and glue it down. Quality has suffered since Hasbro started trying to make these toys cheaper, from lots of hollow areas, much simpler transformations requiring less parts, minimal paint apps, and now these little universal ratchet joints that cause the toys to break when they unseat. I have probably close to a hundred TFs on my desk, ranging from G1, Binaltech, CHUGs, Animated, Prime, F/WoC, Star Wars TFs, Bayverse, and now a couple RiD figs. I collected Generations and Prime simultaneously, and I really didn't see much difference in quality of materials, build, or complexity between the two lines. I can't say the same for RiD...and I hope that lessening of quality doesn't bleed over to the main Generations line, excluding the Deluxe/warrior class Combiner Wars figs, which are pretty simplistic and feel kinda cheap to me, too. :(

Well, after playing with them, I think I rather like the Stunticons. I agree that they're a little more simplistic, but I like how they're all slightly different vs the Aerialbots, who all seem to transform the same way. Since I haven't found Motormaster yet, I have them all stuck on Optimus. In any case, I like them enough that I'm kind of looking forward to the upcoming Protectobots, and I'm hoping that they manage to crank out a few more combiners before the whole Combiner Wars things winds down (especially Bruticus and Predaking).

I'm having some trouble deciding where to put the limb robots' weapons in gestalt mode. For Superion, I settled on the black double-barreled blaster on top of Silverbolt's, the white one on Superion's back, and the single-barrel blasters on the sides of Superion's thighs. For Stunticonimus Prime, Dead End's pipe is on Prime's combined gun, Offroad's axe is pegged against the side of Offroad (so, the bottom of Prime's leg, almost like a boot knife), and Breakdown and Dragstrip's knife/swords in the bottom of Optimus' fists, so they're sticking up like spikes on Prime's back. Not sure how well that arrangement will work with Menasor's sword, though.

EDIT: Speaking of Bruticus... I was looking at pictures of CW Hot Spot, and I could totally that as CW Onslaught if you replace Hot Spot's ladder with Onslaught's back guns. And I've already pointed out the similarities between Alpha Bravo and Vortex, right down the head sculpt. It's not idea, but I could see Hasbro retooling Offroad/First Aid into Swindle. That'd really only leave Blast Off and Brawl that need new sculpts.

Edited by mikeszekely

I like the stunticons, too, and I was pleasantly surprised at the variations in transformation compared to the Aerialbots. If I have a complaint, it's that the undercarriage of a couple of them sits too low and at least one wheel doesn't touch the ground in car mode. I've checked to make sure all my tabs were done and everything is where it's supposed to be, but still it doesn't seem like the wheels were positioned low enough to give good clearance.

The first time I saw Alpha-Bravo, I immediately thought Vortex repaint. I'm sure Hasbro will milk a number of these molds, with slight variations/paint jobs throughout the CW series. It makes sense economically. And yeah, Hotspot will quite likely be repainted into Onslaught with back guns. ;)

I'll probably pick up the Protectobots, and I'm looking forward to Bruticus, my favorite Combiner. I hope he looks good. I think they did a fair job on the Protectobots, although Hotspot's firetruck mode looks a little oddly stretched and the basket at the end of his ladder is way oversized and looks a bit odd in black. It would have looked better had they made it white and smaller to look more realistic. When the Constructicons were announced, I was pretty excited for them too, until I saw the pics. Most of the individual bot modes suffered terribly in the design process. <_< The third party folks did a far better job than Takara, IMHO. I'll probably just get Bonecrusher and Scavenger, as they're the only two that look decent to me.

I like the stunticons, too, and I was pleasantly surprised at the variations in transformation compared to the Aerialbots. If I have a complaint, it's that the undercarriage of a couple of them sits too low and at least one wheel doesn't touch the ground in car mode. I've checked to make sure all my tabs were done and everything is where it's supposed to be, but still it doesn't seem like the wheels were positioned low enough to give good clearance.

The first time I saw Alpha-Bravo, I immediately thought Vortex repaint. I'm sure Hasbro will milk a number of these molds, with slight variations/paint jobs throughout the CW series. It makes sense economically. And yeah, Hotspot will quite likely be repainted into Onslaught with back guns. ;)

I'll probably pick up the Protectobots, and I'm looking forward to Bruticus, my favorite Combiner. I hope he looks good. I think they did a fair job on the Protectobots, although Hotspot's firetruck mode looks a little oddly stretched and the basket at the end of his ladder is way oversized and looks a bit odd in black. It would have looked better had they made it white and smaller to look more realistic. When the Constructicons were announced, I was pretty excited for them too, until I saw the pics. Most of the individual bot modes suffered terribly in the design process. <_< The third party folks did a far better job than Takara, IMHO. I'll probably just get Bonecrusher and Scavenger, as they're the only two that look decent to me.

The 3rd party Constructicons do look a lot better, but I hear that Devastator is going to be bigger (like Titan Metroplex-sized). Also cheaper enough that my wife said she'll buy it for me for our anniversary.

Also, I was under the impression that Devastator will only be sold as a gift set. It might be all or nothing, there.

That's a good wife. I've got a good one, too. She's an enabler.

Well if the big green guy only comes in a gift pack, I guess I won't be adding any new Constructicons to my collection. More money and space for something better. Probably a valk. :D

That's a good wife. I've got a good one, too. She's an enabler.

Yeah... my wife's not usually an enabler. She actually hates it when I buy most Transformers. I think I sold her on the idea that this Devastator will probably go up in value.

Anyway... I complained to Amazon when I ordered a model kit that was marked as having Prime shipping available when I bought it but they couldn't actually fulfill the order on time, so they gave me a $5 credit. And I saw that they had Motormaster in stock. Since I've yet to see any of the CW Voyagers in an actual store, he's sold out at Hasbro Toy Shop, TRU online, and even BBTS, and the $5 credit offsets Amazon's slightly higher price of $26.99, I went ahead and ordered him. Now I should be caught up until the Protectobots start hitting shelves.