The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Guest davidwhangchoi

What was the price before discount David?

tru route 4 nj had it for 79.99

after 20% coupon which i don't know how to get again(the same nice guy just posted it on the thread i shared) = 64 after tax 68

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I grabbed one of those Optimus pens.

$35 bucks on HLJ.

Hm it is also available as Black Convoy... do I need a transforming pen? It might come in handy for signing contracts.... :D

Guest davidwhangchoi

This guy has the blessing of the God of Collectors.

^_^

-b.

that was original. lol

made me think of finishing God of War III

the box was slightly bent but it's decent.

if anyone wants to call a TRU for a stock check, the item number is 500256

that was original. lol

made me think of finishing God of War III

the box was slightly bent but it's decent.

if anyone wants to call a TRU for a stock check, the item number is 500256

First thanks David for providing that item number, it helped me while I was in store (this one guy read his scanner wrong and said they had (3) but it was actually (3) unavailable). I was able to verify that there might be 3-4 of these in the entire state of MI, none anywhere close to SE Michigan - so my hunt has officially ended for now.

Good luck to everyone else trying to find Grimlock, King Unfindable.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

That's a great deal for MP Grimmy!

did you end up hunting successfully for one? (TRU Mp-03)

here's a 20% off coupon for anyone that needs it for grimlock. you can either just read the number to the cashier scan it off your phone or have them scan the coupon. i tried it and it scanned through for grimlock!

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-sightings/86538-new-jersey-transformers-sightings-1085.html#post11103708

post # 10849

hope that helps!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I had a chat with the online support from "ToysRMine", the person checked, ZERO availability in my surrounding area. The nearest location is approximately 100 miles away, and it show as one in stock. I don't have the time to do the hunting since then.

But thanks for the coupon; if I don't find Grimmy, I have other use for it.

I hope they don't mess up the paint job. :)

That hope went out the window, nowadays TakTom is more concern about quantity than quality, no more rubber tires, die-cast, and the paint jobs are sloppy and mismatch, for most of the new toys. -_-

Back in the days, even the littlest transforming toys have quality rubber tires; I remember Beachcomber was one of my favorites.

I ordered three, just in case. One with the lunch box, he's working overtime with building all the new Dinobots that are come soon from the 3rd parties. ;)

That hope went out the window, nowadays TakTom is more concern about quantity than quality, no more rubber tires, die-cast, and the paint jobs are sloppy and mismatch, for most of the new toys. -_-

Back in the days, even the littlest transforming toys have quality rubber tires; I remember Beachcomber was one of my favorites.

I ordered three, just in case. One with the lunch box, he's working overtime with building all the new Dinobots that are come soon from the 3rd parties. ;)

I agree that the toys are not aimed at collectors in a way that I would prefer. Like I said Takaras best approach in my opinion where the Alternity cars. However the paint job on my MP Streak is great and I wish that all Masterpieces continue in quality from that level.

I just like the look and feel of different materials. It is just nice when handling the toy. It's like when you drive an car. If the interior has many different materials and not just matte plastic it looks much more significant. The addition of different materials is one more way to distinguish this toy from the mass produced Transformers you find on the shelfs of a TRU imho.

Got my Hasbro Grimmy delivered today.

The hips were a little loose, so I tightened it up with a screwdriver.

I uploaded a muted and unfocused video thingy for those interested about the loose hips and the stuff :

My Grimmy video thingy...

YT said the music on my original upload was not kewl with some lawyers and accountants, hence video is muted.

oh, here be a pic:

tBzGKFTl.jpg

Edited by treatment

Guest davidwhangchoi

Got my Hasbro Grimmy delivered today.

The hips were a little loose, so I tightened it up with a screwdriver.

I uploaded a muted and unfocused video thingy for those interested about the loose hips and the stuff :

thanks for the video, man it looks like you're going to strip the screws :o maybe you should use some future :unsure:

Edited by davidwhangchoi

yp8z2Skl.jpg

:D

That's the sassiest I've ever seen Gojira. I love it!

Also, it's weird but the lighter grey has really grown on me - kind of gives Grimlock a more cartoony aesthetic.

The green plastic has grown on me as well. Still might pick one up for my little girl if I should happen across one at a store.

Edited by eriku

thanks for the video, man it looks like you're going to strip the screws :o maybe you should use some future :unsure:

Has anyone tried using blue loctite on the screws? The blue type is for screws that need to come out again.

I know it's years late but I think I'm going to have to track down a Rodimus Prime MP.

Be careful which one you get, if it's Takara make sure you get the 2nd release - apparently it has some fixes for some really annoying issues from the 1st. I think the Hasbro version is OK if you don't want the trailer, but the diehard Transformer folks can tell you more.

-b.

You got the touch.

-b.

Funny enough, my daughter demands I play the movie soundtrack any time we drive somewhere. She loves The Touch, Instruments of Destruction, and Dare.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah. It kinda looks like it, but I can't actually strip the screws with that particular manual screwdriver I'm using. Plus, you can feel the tension rather well on Grimmy's screws, so it can't realy be stripped unless you really really really forced it, and break the whole plastic casing altogether.

As such, I would've stripped it within three seconds if I was using my standard electric. :D

Edited by treatment

That's the sassiest I've ever seen Gojira. I love it!

Also, it's weird but the lighter grey has really grown on me - kind of gives Grimlock a more cartoony aesthetic.

The green plastic has grown on me as well. Still might pick one up for my little girl if I should happen across one at a store.

Yeah. The lighter grey was actually rather nice in person. Guess the various pics makes it look more drab and bland than it really is. Even the translucent green was nicer in person and doesn't really stands out as much as I thought it would.

Wish Hasbro included the old smoked-grey for people who prefers it. Heck! Wish they included the waiter-outfit from the original Takara version.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah. It kinda looks like it, but I can't actually strip the screws with that particular manual screwdriver I'm using. Plus, you can feel the tension rather well on Grimmy's screws, so it can't realy be stripped unless you really really really forced it, and break the whole plastic casing altogether.

As such, I would've stripped it within three seconds if I was using my standard electric. :D

i ended up picking up a few more so i'm going to try tightening the screws tonight.