The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Tak usually only does 2nd runs close to the original releases.

I would have doubted Tak doing a 3rd run of MP-10, and a 3rd run of MP-11.

Based on reported warehouse numbers etc, it's looking like MP Grimlock will make MP Prime seem "easy to find" comparatively.

So if you're going to get one, and going to pay $$$ for one---get one of the older-better versions!

This is true, the last two MP's (soundwave and Acid Storm) had about 9000 pcs in the Regional Warehouse.

MP-03 shows only 3000. That's between all of California, NV, AZ, CO, and NM.

I'd get in early, but it also might be that they reserved more for online sales, due to all the complaints about lack of ability

last year with MP-01 and 02.

As for Mp-10, Technically the Takara re-issue from last year with that crappy stand was the original colors. It was about $50 bucks more expensive though.

Also, Grimlock is up on the Tru site if you want to drop $80 bucks. Maybe you can use a coupon or something?

http://m.toysrus.com/skava/static/product.html?type=TRU_product_us&url=%2Fproduct%2Findex.jsp%3FproductId%3D31372196&domain=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.toysrus.com

Big pass for me as I have the mp-08x PO next month, an origional Takara and a first run Hasbro.

Edited by Gakken85

So... I picked up Evasion Mode Optimus Prime from the new movie.

On the plus side, he's a surprisingly solid figure. He's sort of like a G1-painted Prime from the first three movies that turns into G1 Prime's alt mode (with only one smokestack, oddly). Perhaps the most impressive thing is how they take what is essentially the bot mode of the the first three movies and turn it into a blocky cab with very little kibble in either mode. Basically, his transformation (which is fairly simple without being too boring) involves turning his torso inside out. His bot mode is pretty poseable, too, with a waist swivel, good range in his elbows, shoulders, hips, and knees, and even a little play in the ankles. He comes with a big gun, and none of the awful Mech-Tech crap from DotM/TF Prime. Just a big, missile shooting gun.

The only real negative I have is that he's gotta set some kind of record for the skimpiest paint job. Almost every part is molded in whatever color it was supposed to be (save his shoulders... which are molded in blue, despite them being red and white on the box art). It's a shame, because pictures on the box have bits of red and white detailing that just isn't present on the actual toy. Plus, even where the toy does match the box, like his lower legs and feet, you still feel like they could have worked in a little more color, like silver or something.

At the end of the day, though, I think he's one of the better toys I've bought from any of the movie lines. Granted, he's no MP, but he isn't running MP prices, either.

MP Grimlock was up on the TRU website earlier this morning. Sold out now, but keep checking if it comes back in stock. Oh yeah, TRU raised the price to $79.99. I am not sure what the actual in-store price was. At least you get free shipping by ordering it online.

TRU MP Grimlock Link

I snagged two of them in store for 59.99$ ea.

First time I've ever found an MP this early at my local Scalperemployees"R"Us.

Edited by skullmilitia

Guest davidwhangchoi

i was going to get in on the grimlock rush but nah i'll pass... i was let down by the possibility of a mp-10 re-release hoax

i was going to get in on the grimlock rush but nah i'll pass... i was let down by the possibility of a mp-10 re-release hoax

Takara-Tomy MP-10 is being re-released. It's the others that aren't, those being MP-11, MP-12 and MP-14.

I hit two different TRU, one by my work and one by my house and nada. Didn't even see tags for em. Normal TF area right?

As for Mp-10, Technically the Takara re-issue from last year with that crappy stand was the original colors. It was about $50 bucks more expensive though.

That wasn't a Takara reissue, it was Hasbro Asia. They are actually being quite clever by looking at what is selling for big aftermarket prices and reissuing them at a higher than original retail but lower than aftermarket prices.

Well done Hasbro, well done.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Well it had tighter feet than my old Takara 1st run haha.

Pretty much identical to the Tak release other than the stand.

wow, i just read the posts over at tfw2005 that happened over the last week. you mentioned skullmilitia's initial report about the both of his mp-03 grimlock's being loose on a post. before even waiting to confirm, one guy trashed skull for the way he writes for no reason???? <_< and a couple of them went after you. Now that it's confirmed, TRU mp-03 is loose, that same guy is saying it can be fixed and it's so worth getting :rolleyes: never acknowledges he was wrong. typical child.

lol, it sounds like you annoyed a little schoolboy clique and they waited after school to jump you.

i look over there bc i'm looking for news on mp-10 and when grimlock is spotted in NJ TRU's, i think that was uncalled for, to attack you in response reporting skull's post but in fairness...you did try to sell me an asia grimlock without letting me know it's loose :rolleyes: but i forgive you. haha. anyways, i like both you and other MW guys and hope you guys are able to hash it out. it seems like the culture over there is more clique-ish and the mods are pretty poor at stopping that behavior.

i hope mp-10 is coming back... and is improved.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Takara-Tomy MP-10 is being re-released. It's the others that aren't, those being MP-11, MP-12 and MP-14.

yeah that's what i read and quoted the post from tfw2005 a page back but there's no confirmation either way, just someone with an unnamed source..

yeah that's what i read and quoted the post from tfw2005 a page back but there's no confirmation either way, just someone with an unnamed source..

i hope it is true. for some reason i need a minty fresh one "as a backup" for my most favorite molds (other decos don't count...i have every one so far but will likely skip bape and eva). personally i think mp-10 is still the best thing takara has ever put out.

wow, i just read the posts over at tfw2005 that happened over the last week. you mentioned skullmilitia's initial report about the both of his mp-03 grimlock's being loose on a post. before even waiting to confirm, one guy trashed skull for the way he writes for no reason???? <_< and a couple of them went after you. Now that it's confirmed, TRU mp-03 is loose, that same guy is saying it can be fixed and it's so worth getting :rolleyes: never acknowledges he was wrong. typical child.

lol, it sounds like you annoyed a little schoolboy clique and they waited after school to jump you.

i look over there bc i'm looking for news on mp-10 and when grimlock is spotted in NJ TRU's, i think that was uncalled for, to attack you in response reporting skull's post but in fairness...you did try to sell me an asia grimlock without letting me know it's loose :rolleyes: but i forgive you. haha. anyways, i like both you and other MW guys and hope you guys are able to hash it out. it seems like the culture over there is more clique-ish and the mods are pretty poor at stopping that behavior.

Yeah, it was pretty ridiculous. I guess they were mad that I could afford an original MP-08x, and that I got my money back. People over there seem to thrive on hating on "scalpers".... who is anybody that can afford to buy more than one hasbro. Try to give people some good information and that's what you get.

Some of the AE's weren't loose, so you had a 50/50 chance haha. Or at least some people reported they weren't...

Full disclosure I paid $500 for my mp08x MISB. I sold him for $549 on ebay to a local guy who really wanted a first printing. It's not like I made a mint. After fees and shipping I made my money back. I didn't mind paying $500, and I did a lot of work hunting down and importing him, but after all the KO's and re-issues... it's just not special to me anymore in the same way. I'm the kind of collector who loves rare, unique, and diverse pieces. I'd rather just have half my money back to buy other things.

Putting it up for auction as soon as I found out is just knowing "the game" in my mind. People are doing it now with VF-0's and YF-19's.

I also believe that a rework of MP-08 is around the corner. I think a lot of this is HasTak trying to fight KO's. Fighting for American transformer dollars for people at the $50 dollar range. I think they see all the 3rd party dino dollars and a new version will be announced soon.

I don't go to TFW because I'm not firmly frothing with Hasbro's **** in my mouth.

Suiting the infants there would criticize

Yeah, it was pretty ridiculous. I guess they were mad that I could afford an original MP-08x, and that I got my money back. People over there seem to thrive on hating on "scalpers".... who is anybody that can afford to buy more than one hasbro. Try to give people some good information and that's what you get.

Some of the AE's weren't loose, so you had a 50/50 chance haha. Or at least some people reported they weren't...

Full disclosure I paid $500 for my mp08x MISB. I sold him for $549 on ebay to a local guy who really wanted a first printing. It's not like I made a mint. After fees and shipping I made my money back. I didn't mind paying $500, and I did a lot of work hunting down and importing him, but after all the KO's and re-issues... it's just not special to me anymore in the same way. I'm the kind of collector who loves rare, unique, and diverse pieces. I'd rather just have half my money back to buy other things.

Putting it up for auction as soon as I found out is just knowing "the game" in my mind. People are doing it now with VF-0's and YF-19's.

I also believe that a rework of MP-08 is around the corner. I think a lot of this is HasTak trying to fight KO's. Fighting for American transformer dollars for people at the $50 dollar range. I think they see all the 3rd party dino dollars and a new version will be announced soon.

You don't need to clarify your actions man, We are adults here and understand profit and loss. You'd be a fool to avoid profit, for internet fanboyism. You did the right move, Forget them.

I don't go to TFW because I'm not firmly frothing with Hasbro's **** in my mouth.

Suiting the infants there would criticize

You don't need to clarify your actions man, We are adults here and understand profit and loss. You'd be a fool to avoid profit, for internet fanboyism. You did the right move, Forget them.

roflmao!

So do you mean me, eriku, David Hingtgen, and every other MWF members that are also TFW-members are frothing with Hasbro's **** in the mouth, too?

ahahahaha!

:bump:

Try not to paint too broad of a brush.

Edited by treatment

roflmao!

So do you mean me, eriku, David Hingten, and every other MWF members that are also TFW-members are frothing with Hasbro's **** in the mouth, too?

ahahahaha!

Funny, as I was just talking about over-reactions.. your timing is one of gold!

lol!

It is rather easy to spot the rabid fanboys at TFW, as well as those who have ulterior motives for badmouthing a product just to make a sale for their own stuff.

It is the same as over here at MWF.

It's good to be a member of both forums, and many others.

:D

I'm over at TFW2005 too (TransFan84), and yeah it gets pretty heated there sometimes. It seems a lot calmer here. To me, anyway.

Still waiting on Takara-Tomy MP-11 Thundercracker and Skywarp and especially Megatron v.2. The Decepticons need their leader.

Edited by Drad

Yeah, pretty fugly in my opinion. The orange, okay, that's passable, but whose idea was it to let brown get in there?

Turdburner.

Some people said it was a Ronald McDonald Seeker.

Not a fan of the seeker mold.

All he needs now is a scaled-down Taco Bell breakfast burrito and he's all set.