The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

got mp-10b. Just some quick thoughts and comparing him to hasbro's mp-10 release.

He's a LOT tighter out of the box. The little screws that hold his windshields in place on the chest seem to be properly sized and don't stick out. The cab portion of mp-10b is painted in a nice glossy piano black and it looks great. Overall there's more paint apps on 10b than on 10.

He looks great, happy I decided to pick him up.

Oh dear god, no... They really are repeating history. This is exactly what they did for Beast Wars back in the 90s. They didn't show the last few episodes of the series and then made their own bizarre show.

Transformers Prime ended in Japan a few weeks ago, they cut out the last two minutes of the 2nd season cliffhanger and said OK, that's a wrap, thanks kids! Does Optimus survive? Who cares! Buy the toys! Goodbye!

I guess we can completely forget about season 3 now. <_<

It just gets worse and worse. So this takes place after the events of Season 3 of Prime, which they aren't going to show in Japan? This makes NO SENSE.

TV? Who cares? Buy the Blurays! Goodbye!

I did... Remember I put an episode onto your PSP? That was from my US disc. Of course, you can't get the show on BD in Japan, they're DVD-only, dub-only.

I never did find FoC Grimlock around here, but I totally scored and snagged Springer and Blitwing at Target today! It was a bit of a surprise as I didn't think they would show this early.

Good find! None of the stores in my area have jack lately.

I never did find FoC Grimlock around here, but I totally scored and snagged Springer and Blitwing at Target today! It was a bit of a surprise as I didn't think they would show this early.

No way, post pictures!!! please...

I found some pics!

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/in-hand-photos-of-generations-springer-and-blitzwing-177269/

Edited by vlenhoff

I really want Blitzwing and Springer... but alas, Transformers are getting scarce in my area. Walmart doesn't even have any Beast Hunters besides Voyager Optimus and Predaking.

I was able to score a Smokescreen at Target, though.

Found Blitzwing and Springer, bought Blitzwing. That was a mistake. Short review:

It sucks.

Related news: I have a Generations Blitzwing for sale, MIB. Only transformed once. Please PM if interested.

Long review, then? What's so bad about him? Can't be worse than Octane/Tankor, right?

I have nothing to offer that every other review hasn't already said, other than I think jet mode looks worse from the side than anyone else has mentioned.

And I actually liked Octane/Tankor more. His truck mode was at least decent from most angles, and held together well.

After some fiddling around, it's clear Springer is definitely the better of the two toys. Bot mode looks fantastic and with waist articulation, it makes for some dynamic looking poses. With less kibble and empty spaces, Springer's alt modes are less contrived than poor Blitzwing's. It's so good, it just might replace Warbot Defender's spot on the shelf. Locking tabs are solid, weapon integration is neatly done, it's about time Has/Tak did justice to a triple changer. It's a shame about Blitzwing, I had high hopes for him, but in the end, he's just a mess.

My biggest beef with it is actually the fact that its mere existence now means no 3P or MP version for years to come. Blitzwing deserves better.

I'm actually growing to like it. It's now a "VFA-10 Griffon", an assault valk made by a splinter colony. I mean it does have a slight aesthetic similarity to the Alpha fighter.